Pressley Backed (1 Viewer)

johnwillomagic

With the exception of Wolves who have parachute payments and Brentford I think we have been backed as much if not more so than any other league 1 club. I am not sure who you are expecting us to sign Big Ron.......Lionel Messi or the board are shit from what I can gather. We signed dennis wise when he was past his best but look what he still did for us!!!

ccfcway

wahey, a 1-0 win at our home, some 35 miles away in front of 1,300 cov fans against Stevenage

and to top off a cracking 24 hours, we signed a Huddersfield reserve.

"Whatever happens, we will leave this club in a better state than we found it" - RAY RANSON - Day one of SISU tenure

:blue:

bigfatronssba

So we are bigger than the likes of forest Leeds and Southampton who all failed to get promotion out of this division at the first attempt?

You mean Leeds that finished in the play offs every year they were down here?

Or do you mean Southampton who would have finished in the play offs had it not being for a points deduction?

I also very much doubt Forest fans were congratulating themselves on a mid table league 1 finish.

This thread is an embarrassment to CCFC, and considering what's gone on lately, that is saying something.

RFC

Did you think lucky under Thorn in the championship or under Strachan in the PL ? .

Under Thorn no (far too much 'crab football, sideways & backwards') but on Strachan still unsure but must admit you have a good point as he may have lost some of the players & certainly quite a lot of the fans.

RFC

Jimmy Hill had six years as our manager and Cantwell five in charge,they both were eventually successful.Yet rarely do managers get that long these days,eighteen months is about the average.
Maybe the time for us to give a manager a decent run is now ?

Totally and utterly agree.

bigfatronssba

With the exception of Wolves who have parachute payments and Brentford I think we have been backed as much if not more so than any other league 1 club. I am not sure who you are expecting us to sign Big Ron.......Lionel Messi or the board are shit from what I can gather. We signed dennis wise when he was past his best but look what he still did for us!!!

So why hasn't SP got us in the top 2 then?

You cant have it both ways, either he has been backed (which I don't agree with) in which case he is failing, or he has been let down by an incompetent board.

You choose which.

stupot07

So why hasn't SP got us in the top 2 then?

You cant have it both ways, either he has been backed (which I don't agree with) in which case he is failing, or he has been let down by an incompetent board.

You choose which.

Virtually impossible to get into the top 2 after a 10 point deduction. That would require the form equivalent of wining the league by achieving 108 points...

Last edited:

RFC

Wow, shame more people post in here than the highlights thread.

Pity more don't make the effort (and before you start, I agree it is a big one) to get to Sixfields and support the manager & his players, I do and don't regret it for one minute, DESPITE THE OBVIOUS COST AND INCONVENIENCE! PUSB

Grendel

You mean Leeds that finished in the play offs every year they were down here?

Or do you mean Southampton who would have finished in the play offs had it not being for a points deduction?

I also very much doubt Forest fans were congratulating themselves on a mid table league 1 finish.

This thread is an embarrassment to CCFC, and considering what's gone on lately, that is saying something.

You have of course gone on record as saying you wouldn't care if the club suffered successive relegations so lets be polite and say your views are somewhat prejudiced.

Lorksalordy

So we are bigger than the likes of forest Leeds and Southampton who all failed to get promotion out of this division at the first attempt?

Not sure of the relevance ? Promotion campaign generally needs a strong starting squad, good leadership, team spirit, sensible transfer strategy with investment at key times and a bit of luck. Often these things build of a few seasons of stability. Not sure how many ticks we get on that list in current state. It has little / nothing to do with some intangible view of relative "size" of the club.

bigfatronssba

Virtually impossible to get into the top 2 after a 10 point deduction.

Yep the 10 point deduction is the cause of no top 2 finish.

The fact we are now 34 points of 2nd is all down to the points deduction.

bigfatronssba

You have of course gone on record as saying you wouldn't care if the club suffered successive relegations so lets be polite and say your views are somewhat prejudiced.

You've also gone on record as saying a £1.3m rent over 5 years ran up £50m+ of debt so lets be polite and say that maths isn't your strong point.

Probably best you don't respond to posts about points deductions or anything else regarding numbers eh?

blueflint

That's shit apparantly - we are a big club. Lets ignore clubs like forest and Leeds and also Southampton - they clearly aren't as big as us.

they at least got out of this division upwards not down by the way

Last edited:

Grendel

You've also gone on record as saying a £1.3m rent over 5 years ran up £50m+ of debt so lets be polite and say that maths isn't your strong point.

Probably best you don't respond to posts about points deductions or anything else regarding numbers eh?

The debt isn't £50 million and of course you won't find one post where I said that. As usual you resort to lies and misinformation to try and dig yourself out of a big hole.

Also avoiding the issue that you wouldn't care less if the club suffered two successive relegations.

hinkleee boyz

Why do some of you lot even respond to RFC (who is clearly a club insider) and Grendel (who is clearly a council hating,
failed politician).
By the way some of us over here starting 'thinking lucky' and look what's happening to us, but then again there are over 20 odd thousand
of us thinking it and not 500!

RFC

Yep the 10 point deduction is the cause of no top 2 finish.

The fact we are now 34 points of 2nd is all down to the points deduction.

Please try and be just a little more realistic, we've suffered a 10 point deduction in successive seasons and this must have a huge physiological effect on not only the club, staff & players but also the supporters.

SkyblueBazza

So many damming and negative threads but nobody has pointed out that Steven Pressley has once again been backed by our owners and in a recent interview praised the support he's had from Steve, Tim & Joy.

Midfielder Anton Robinson, Striker Nathan Eccleston & David Prutton come in at a critical time and bring a useful blend of youth & experience in this division and above. This is good news that goes virtually unnoticed because of blinkered and obsessive views that focus only on one aspect of the Club.

Steven has openly stated that he's not a huge fan of either the January 'Transfer Window' or the 'Loan System' and didn't want to committ to making any permanent signings other than in the close season.

The 10 point deduction and other circumstances (like an unsettled disruptive player, engineering a 'transfer request') and suspensions & injuries have meant he's had to compromise and try and use the 'Loan System ' as it exists to our advantage.

Having done such an incredible job in his first full season despite the obvious adversity and points deduction, we are on the up and long may it continue.

Other than the odd individual - everyone is backing him!

PUSB

bigfatronssba

The debt isn't £50 million and of course you won't find one post where I said that. As usual you resort to lies and misinformation to try and dig yourself out of a big hole.

Also avoiding the issue that you wouldn't care less if the club suffered two successive relegations.

Haha, you accuse me of avoiding the issue right after you bring up a twisted version of something I posted about two months ago! I suspect the irony is lost on you with that one.

What is the debt then numerical man?

bigfatronssba

Please try and be just a little more realistic, we've suffered a 10 point deduction in successive seasons and this must have a huge physiological effect on not only the club, staff & players but also the supporters.

Other clubs managed it.

Bill Glazier

Pressley is the only decent thing about the club at the moment. He's worked miracles in a disastrous situation - fantastic young manager.

RFC

Why do some of you lot even respond to RFC (who is clearly a club insider) and Grendel (who is clearly a council hating,
failed politician).
By the way some of us over here starting 'thinking lucky' and look what's happening to us, but then again there are over 20 odd thousand
of us thinking it and not 500!

I wish! How many times have we had 20,000????????????????????????????

Don't kid yourself, I'm still laughing "you said I'm a club insider"HA HA HA LOL!

Please give me STRENGTH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Chipfat

We are a badly run league 1 club, SP has done a decent job with what he has had to deal and should be thanked for adding some stability and honesty while in control of the team. But it's going to get harder for him to keep any sort of team spirit if we lose the better players from this years squad without hope of long term replacements..As for the 10 points we will not get them back, nothing will change in regards to league position at the end of the season so why look for blame.. This topic is the Sisu v CCC all over again which we all live that everyday, some blame one, the other or i think most see all parties concerned share some form of guilt in this whole situation.

SkyblueBazza

He has been backed. However it should have happened in January or the summer. With Pressley's style people were always going to burn out. We needed two of similar calibre in every position

Also, I can't help look at Liverpool and think. They turned round when I bid came in and a player spat his dummy out and demanded to go and they stood their ground.

Yes I know we are not Liverpool but it is all relative.

What would Leon have done if we said. No we are not selling you. We will listen to offers in the summer.

Over to you strike and see what offers you get in the summer or finish as the leagues top score then see.

Saying that with everything that is going on I am glad the club allowed two players in.

What we don't know of course is the full detail of what Liverpool actually did to keep him. Publicly - they said "No". Privately is anyone's guess!

Clarke has apparently got a history of disruption to get his own way.
He'd probably have simply disrupted as much as he could...& we would have been no better off anyway! SISU cannot just fund stuff such as give Clarke a blank cheque especially with FFP.

PUSB

ccfc92

I'd say wait until seeing how much "backing" he gets during the summer. Moussa and Murphy, and possibly Marshall will be more important than getting new players in IMO.

One think I do admire about RFC is his optimism, so hopefully he gets to say "I told you so" for the sake of CCFC :)

johnwillomagic

Big Ron I think realistically we are about where we should be if you add back the ten points,,,,I never thought we could compete with Wolves & Brentford and to be honest had Sheff Utd, Preston, Swindon and Peterborough level or better than us to be honest.

Pressley has matched my expectations not exceeded them but due to trying times and all the disruption can forgive him from being three points off the playoffs which was my target with points added back on from deduction!

Sky Blue Pete

So many damming and negative threads but nobody has pointed out that Steven Pressley has once again been backed by our owners and in a recent interview praised the support he's had from Steve, Tim & Joy.

Midfielder Anton Robinson, Striker Nathan Eccleston & David Prutton come in at a critical time and bring a useful blend of youth & experience in this division and above. This is good news that goes virtually unnoticed because of blinkered and obsessive views that focus only on one aspect of the Club.

Steven has openly stated that he's not a huge fan of either the January 'Transfer Window' or the 'Loan System' and didn't want to committ to making any permanent signings other than in the close season.

The 10 point deduction and other circumstances (like an unsettled disruptive player, engineering a 'transfer request') and suspensions & injuries have meant he's had to compromise and try and use the 'Loan System ' as it exists to our advantage.

Having done such an incredible job in his first full season despite the obvious adversity and points deduction, we are on the up and long may it continue.

Sorry wouldn't normally bite but you are a man who is completely deluded!

bigfatronssba

...a damned sight more than many realistically thought we'd achieve

PUSB

I think he's worked miracles, and that is because I don't see that he's been backed. That's my point.

A good manager like SP would have had us promoted this year if he had been backed.

SkyblueBazza

wahey, a 1-0 win at our home, some 35 miles away in front of 1,300 cov fans against Stevenage

and to top off a cracking 24 hours, we signed a Huddersfield reserve.

"Whatever happens, we will leave this club in a better state than we found it" - RAY RANSON - Day one of SISU tenure

:blue:

As much as I hate the pain of how they're going about their ambition...they haven't left the club yet...so watch this space!

PUSB

Users who are viewing this thread