Preston ticket sales (4 Viewers)

ccfcmustang

Mustang, easterngreen and northeast,
Please understand that NOPM is not, primarily, about trying to force SISU out by starving them of money.
It is about, we will not watch home games outside Coventry.

Do you see the difference? You are right that the first one may not "work"
You are wrong if you ignore the second one. SISU care much more about the second strategy because they have budgeted for short term losses.
I doubt they can sustain long term losses that strategy 2 will bring on or move the club again in 3 or 5 years.
Please don't play this us and them, real fans nonsense. Go to Sixfields if you must but try to see the principle behind NOPM, long term we will not leave Coventry, not short term try to bust the club.

Oakey, your absolutely right. I wont be going to Northampton out of the PRINCIPLE of taking my club out of my city. I feel that the campaign has been marketed in a way that claims "if we dont go the owners will sell" which I think is wrong. All i suggesrt is a change of approach to the way in which we get rid of our owners

chiefdave

The Police have just tweeted that around 900 Coventry tickets have been sold for the Preston match and they are expecting Preston to bring 500-600

think you'll find around 400 of those have been given away free. around 500 have actually been sold (inc season tickets). so add in late sales, walk up and away fans and you may get more than the first game but I would have thought SISU would be expecting a massive jump.

there's not going to be the same number at the Ricoh who were there for the legends game, and off the back of a couple of big wins surely they'd be expecting a much larger crowd than the first game. think they're going to be disappointed again.

oakey

The issue should not be what the attendance is at Sixfields but what it could have been at the Ricoh for the same fixture.
sixfields = 3,000
Ricoh = 11,500

Sixfields = 3,500
Ricoh = 12, 500.

See what I'm doing here? Every small rise at Sixfields would mean a much bigger rise at the Ricoh.
So Sixfields attendees there really is nothing there to be pleased about.

Matty_CCFC

The attendance will be over three thousand was told yesterday, so the NOPM brigade give it up your deluded if think sisu bothered bout your daft stance us real fans dont want you fickle boo boys at sixfields anyway tell you what all you NOPM gang go to the ricoh and maybe a few chinese lanterns will fall on it and burn it down LOPM

People like you are adding to our plight, you will never return to COVENTRY, if you do live in the North East it might not bother you as much but those who do go are just putting nails into our coffin.

Matty_CCFC

I wander how long it will be unitl the NOPM team start blaming attending supporters for 1) Demise of campaign 2) The owners not selling 3) death of our club.

No part of the NOPM Group but I do blame those who go to games are 3) Death of our club
if you go your causing the end.

Grappa

The issue should not be what the attendance is at Sixfields but what it could have been at the Ricoh for the same fixture.
sixfields = 3,000
Ricoh = 11,500

Sixfields = 3,500
Ricoh = 12, 500.

See what I'm doing here? Every small rise at Sixfields would mean a much bigger rise at the Ricoh.
So Sixfields attendees there really is nothing there to be pleased about.

Gotta love science!

So if we had 32,000 at the Ricoh JPT game how many would we have at Sixfields using your entirely valid mathematical formula?

shmmeee

Oakey, your absolutely right. I wont be going to Northampton out of the PRINCIPLE of taking my club out of my city. I feel that the campaign has been marketed in a way that claims "if we dont go the owners will sell" which I think is wrong. All i suggesrt is a change of approach to the way in which we get rid of our owners

I've never seen NOPM as a campaign to "starve them out" that was never going to happen. I see it as a) showing the FL how much bullshit they were spun about sustainability and b) a moral stance that I don't agree with the club being moved.

Just like when I switched from Starbucks to Costa after the tax scandal. I don't think they'll notice but I can't in good conscience support that business. Same reason I won't get Sky.

It's a personal choice about the ethical practices of the business.

I'd also say that history is littered with examples of things that shouldn't have made a difference (hunger strikes, non-violent protests) because they are easily ignored but did.

I suggest you spend some time looking into protest movements before you come on here declaring nothing will work.

Matty_CCFC

In what way are they causing the death?

Where do we start?
Your giving fuel to SISU to show the club can suvive away from the Ricoh
They will seel the concept to the FL that fans support the move out of the City
You must accept they will never build a new stadium in Coventry
Your showing support for owners who have no care about the poeple of Coventry, the Community of Coventry or any genuine interest in anything else than owning the Ricoh

If not one person went to Northampton games the FL/FA/SISU would have no choice but to back down.

Can you put your hand on your heart and honestly say you a) Think we will come back to Coventry b) SISU actually care about you or CCFC ?

andyboy81

Gotta love science!

So if we had 32,000 at the Ricoh JPT game how many would we have at Sixfields using your entirely valid mathematical formula?

Dont mean to piss on your chips Grappa but I think you may be a little wrong there. The extra people at Sixfields wouldn't mean more you would get more at the Ricoh... The extra 1000 would probably be just part of the original 11,500.

Also, do you really think the JPT would have got the attendance it did if it wasnt £5?? Fuck people wouldn't have gone if it was £10! and the majority of the ones who did turn up for a fiver soon fucked off when we were 2-0 down with 12 mins to go and then the rest at 3-0 down

Grappa

Dont mean to piss on your chips Grappa but I think you may be a little wrong there. The extra people at Sixfields wouldn't mean more you would get more at the Ricoh... The extra 1000 would probably be just part of the original 11,500.

Also, do you really think the JPT would have got the attendance it did if it wasnt £5?? Fuck people wouldn't have gone if it was £10! and the majority of the ones who did turn up for a fiver soon fucked off when we were 2-0 down with 12 mins to go and then the rest at 3-0 down

Are you a scientist too?

andyboy81

We are getting a grip?

Why are people tralking about starting a new club?

Those who go are helping to kill our Club FACT !

But CCFC hasnt given SISU any return since they took it over. Wouldnt make any difference if nobody turned up.. they can still bankroll it.

Slating people for deciding to support the team is getting more and more boring. If your so adamant about supporting this "New Club" then why the fuck are you on here wasting your time on here? People talk about an Exit strategy???? They had a chance to walk away and cut their losses when the bids were coming in and have done everything they can to hold on to it.

Like it or not SISU ARE GOING NOWHERE

ccfcmustang

I've never seen NOPM as a campaign to "starve them out" that was never going to happen. I see it as a) showing the FL how much bullshit they were spun about sustainability and b) a moral stance that I don't agree with the club being moved.

Just like when I switched from Starbucks to Costa after the tax scandal. I don't think they'll notice but I can't in good conscience support that business. Same reason I won't get Sky.

It's a personal choice about the ethical practices of the business.

I'd also say that history is littered with examples of things that shouldn't have made a difference (hunger strikes, non-violent protests) because they are easily ignored but did.

I suggest you spend some time looking into protest movements before you come on here declaring nothing will work.

Do you mean like my hero Bobby Sands?

I totally agree with you on that part, I too switched from starbucks to costa and i must say the new BT TV package i would recommend. I wont be going to Northampton out of principle however Matty_CCFC in post below yours is why I have no confidence in the campaign and the way SOME view it.

shmmeee

lol KILLING THE CLUB.... Some people really do need to get a fucking grip

If people see "the club" as a Coventry based football team and feel that by going you are legitimising a move out of Coventry. How are they not killing the club?

Matty_CCFC

I'm not taking Glee mate because 1. Im helping the club not killing them. 2. the amount of shit ST holders have took i for one will piss my self laughing when you all come running back to sixfields for a big game.

Just take a little time and read an article on another thread?

Franchise-Relocation
3rd Page by Oldskyblue58

Your thoughts?

skybluelee

I'm not taking Glee mate because 1. Im helping the club not killing them. 2. the amount of shit ST holders have took i for one will piss my self laughing when you all come running back to sixfields for a big game.

A ridiculous contradictory post.

If SISU weren't rocking then they wouldn't be taking out full page advertisments in the CET. I may be wrong but I don't think they used to do that when were playing at the Ricoh.

Oh, and I can only speak for myself but Preston or Manchester United at Sixfields holds exactly the same interest levels, ie none.

skybluelee

The attendance will be over three thousand was told yesterday, so the NOPM brigade give it up your deluded if think sisu bothered bout your daft stance us real fans dont want you fickle boo boys at sixfields anyway tell you what all you NOPM gang go to the ricoh and maybe a few chinese lanterns will fall on it and burn it down LOPM

Why do they feel the need to take out a full page advertisment in the CET if they aren't concerned about low crowd numbers?

GaryPendrysEyes

I have saw a few people say "I cant see Preston bringing many" Just for you NOPM people, Preston have been allocated 900 and they have asked for more so now they have 1,300. So yes they will bring quite a few and yes a few more cov fans are going than they did against Bristol, So yes it will be a higher attendance.

EasternGreen can you prove they have 'asked for more'? Else we may think you are full of shit.

sky_blue_up_north

I think the estimate by the police of 500 to 600 sounds about right, they never bought a 1000 to the Ricoh to my knowledge (apart from the JPT) so why would they bring more this time around, does not make sense. Personally as a fan for over 50 years I'll never set foot in Sixfields, but its all about choice I guess.

torchomatic

is that similar to when PWKH said you were making stuff up?

EasternGreen can you prove they have 'asked for more'? Else we may think you are full of shit.

shmmeee

Preston fans on the LEP site are saying 150.

Not saying City wouldn't send more in an attempt to make it look more popular and encourage City fans to go and stop there being more away fans. But I wouldn't put it past them.

tuousis

i have saw a few people say "i cant see preston bringing many" just for you nopm people, preston have been allocated 900 and they have asked for more so now they have 1,300. So yes they will bring quite a few and yes a few more cov fans are going than they did against bristol, so yes it will be a higher attendance.
wonderfull

Users who are viewing this thread