Preston ticket sales (4 Viewers)

letsallsingtogether

Don't know where you got your figures from but I was lead to believe as of this morning they had sold only 300 and cov have about 1000 but wait and see tomorrow will tell us the truth. If they have sold more then 1000 then they may have more then the home team another embarrassment for CCFC Fans to put up with.

I have saw a few people say "I cant see Preston bringing many" Just for you NOPM people, Preston have been allocated 900 and they have asked for more so now they have 1,300. So yes they will bring quite a few and yes a few more cov fans are going than they did against Bristol, So yes it will be a higher attendance.

cov4theprem

Oh no that would be terrible. I can see another sleepless night coming on. Much more interested in the football than if Timmy makes the odd accurate comment - it's not like he's gonna gain respect anyway...

ArchieLittle

I noticed that all of a sudden a massive block of seats at the back behind the goal show as sold in the space of about an hour.
Happened a fortnight ago too, yet on video I saw of the ground on the day there was nobody there.

chiefdave

was the stand opposite the main stand open for the first game? isn't for this one by the looks of it, how long before they close the stand behind the goal and move all the home supporters into the main stand?

L

longjohnskyblue

The attendance will be over three thousand was told yesterday, so the NOPM brigade give it up your deluded if think sisu bothered bout your daft stance us real fans dont want you fickle boo boys at sixfields anyway tell you what all you NOPM gang go to the ricoh and maybe a few chinese lanterns will fall on it and burn it down LOPM

Official gate 2068 (and that will be inflated with those freebie giveaways!!

Fuck off Tim.

May well drop to under 1k if city start playing a run of games against teams with real strike force

GaryPendrysEyes

I have saw a few people say "I cant see Preston bringing many" Just for you NOPM people, Preston have been allocated 900 and they have asked for more so now they have 1,300. So yes they will bring quite a few and yes a few more cov fans are going than they did against Bristol, So yes it will be a higher attendance.

err they bought 562 mate, and the crowd was lower than Bristol game....

Last edited:

Ashdown1

Its more than they deserve ! but still only beat 3 League 2 gates at the mighty, Accrington, Daggers and Morecambe. You must be proud of yourself Timmy !!

James Smith

Its more than they deserve ! but still only beat 3 League 2 gates at the mighty, Accrington, Daggers and Morecambe. You must be proud of yourself Timmy !!

Tim mentioned at the forums didn't he that the third home game (and beyond) was the big one where he expected numbers to be much better?

shmmeee

So far: first game of the season then bank holiday weekend while we're on a run. Both normally bumper crowds.

We'll have the lowest crowds in the league soon enough. Certainly the lowest in our history. Someone should ask Greg Clarke if he still thinks he saved the club? More likely we can't afford to keep playing at Sixfields than the Ricoh, yet that was his reasoning.

Twat. (Sorry he gives me Tourette's)

bigfatronssba

A few people made themselves look stupid in this thread with their facts.

simple_simon

Just back from standing on hill at Northampton.
2000 your having a laugh no more than 1500 max.
Never heard our fans sing at all.
Even the Preston fans could here us on hill and only 30 of us
Most fans who went in were already in ground and seated by 2.15 when we arrived.
You can see about two thirds of pitch from hill,had a great time.

We will be on hill against Colchester and stand with these other supporters.

skybluejelly

Most fans who went in were already in ground and seated by 2.15 when we arrived.

Well I heard you singing before the match but did not hear you at all during the match.. Obviously from the hill you can't see how many fans were in the stand behind the goal.. I would say 2000 was spot on ..

simple_simon

The Police have just tweeted that around 900 Coventry tickets have been sold for the Preston match and they are expecting Preston to bring 500-600

This was fairly accurate police told us on hill that Preston brought 500 and they estimated 1000 Coventry, told us lots of local kids were in this number as given free tickets in Northants youth clubs.

NTFC

There were a lot of cov fans. Sat right near that hill and didn't hear them sing once. Was pretty awesome when the fans in the stands started singing "Play up Sky Blues". Whatever your argument is CCFC will never die.

shmmeee

This was fairly accurate police told us on hill that Preston brought 500 and they estimated 1000 Coventry, told us lots of local kids were in this number as given free tickets in Northants youth clubs.

Others saying large walk-up, could throw off Police numbers. Would really like confirmation or denial from Fisher on free tickets. Was he asked by anyone?

NTFC

There was fook all Cobblers fans there. I go home and away and didn't recognise anyone.

Who was that guy in the stand wearing a Cov tie, Mousy looking beardy bloke with dark hair?

shmmeee

There were a lot of cov fans. Sat right near that hill and didn't hear them sing once. Was pretty awesome when the fans in the stands started singing "Play up Sky Blues". Whatever your argument is CCFC will never die.

Im a cobblers fans and even I can see that those Cov fans coming are scabs. I certainly won't be going to see CCFC in my stadium.

What changed?

theferret

Behave. Preston fans sang, "we can SEE you on the hill". Stand behind the goal was lively and made plenty of noise IMO. Wasn't at the 1st game, but the guy next to me said there were a lot more behind the goal today than there were at the previous game. And, I got to the ground at 2.15pm and didn't get in until 2.50pm such was the length of the queue for tickets.

Joy Division

Well I heard you singing before the match but did not hear you at all during the match.. Obviously from the hill you can't see how many fans were in the stand behind the goal.. I would say 2000 was spot on ..

How many behind the goal are you saying?

17403710.jpg

Ashdown1

Behave. Preston fans sang, "we can SEE you on the hill". Stand behind the goal was lively and made plenty of noise IMO. Wasn't at the 1st game, but the guy next to me said there were a lot more behind the goal today than there were at the previous game. And, I got to the ground at 2.15pm and didn't get in until 2.50pm such was the length of the queue for tickets.

Its a real shame but that's probably the most pathetic attempt you've made yet to put any positivity into any of this bollocks ! There was a queue last year at Hinckley Utd and about the same gate, it's appalling !

Joy Division

Show a picture of the whole end and people can have a guess :facepalm:

To debate that there were 1500 City in that ground today is a nonsense.

I don't have another picture, I was just curious to know how many. No need to be a prick.

ccfcdan

Its inevitable that the weaker minded fans would do as fisher predicted and go and support the move to Northampton by paying money to watch Coventry City play 34 miles away. However there is still a huge amount of fans that have principles and have a backbone and will fight to get our club returned to our city as soon as possible. One day those weaker minded fans will be grateful of us all! Sisu will not be able to fund our club with the gates of 2000 for 5 years and will have to either return or sell up. Keep boycotting and our team will return.

Users who are viewing this thread