Preston ticket sales (4 Viewers)

tuousis

I'm not taking Glee mate because 1. Im helping the club not killing them. 2. the amount of shit ST holders have took i for one will piss my self laughing when you all come running back to sixfields for a big game.
This is a big joke of course, I had a ST when Alf Wood was playing, but gave up after a few years after SISU destroyers came in.

Preston are subsidising coach travel, charging £10, so they may bring more than the 150 being bandied about.

valiant15

I think the estimate by the police of 500 to 600 sounds about right, they never bought a 1000 to the Ricoh to my knowledge (apart from the JPT) so why would they bring more this time around, does not make sense. Personally as a fan for over 50 years I'll never set foot in Sixfields, but its all about choice I guess.

Make your mind up.The other week you were bragging about how you couldn't wait to get back to fortress sixfields. I get the impression that youre a bit of a wind up merchant to be honest,either that or youre just an odd ball.

valiant15

I have saw a few people say "I cant see Preston bringing many" Just for you NOPM people, Preston have been allocated 900 and they have asked for more so now they have 1,300. So yes they will bring quite a few and yes a few more cov fans are going than they did against Bristol, So yes it will be a higher attendance.

And? What do you want a medal? Just because they have been allocated 1300 doesn't mean that that's what they'll take to the shed does it. Ive heard its forcast rain in Northampton on sunday.Shame.

Joy Division

Surely an allocation is increased as a result of sales, otherwise why bother?

A club can apply for more tickets if they think their fans require them. In our case its not going to restrict the home support of our allocation so there is no reason why we wouldn't give them more tickets.

CarpyCov84

Ok here we go if anyone is struggling -

Preston had sold 150 up until Wednesay their only expecting 400 at a push...got it ???

Sorted ;-)

Noggin

Surely an allocation is increased as a result of sales, otherwise why bother?

depends when they asked for it, if they asked early as they were planning a promotion and there is no real downside to asking for more it's the smart thing to do, if the promotion goes well you sell more, if it doesn't no loss

henry the wasp

Make your mind up.The other week you were bragging about how you couldn't wait to get back to fortress sixfields. I get the impression that youre a bit of a wind up merchant to be honest,either that or youre just an odd ball.

Are you not getting 'up north' confused with 'north east'?

edgy

yep.. but not the 1300 (25 coaches) being bandied about bu the likes of EasternGreen and Edgy.

Where did I band this about? You've lost it.

Easterngreen stated that Preston has been given an increased allocation. Then you flew off the handle and accused him of bullshitting. The evidence of his facts was produced and now you claim that I've said they've sold 1300.

You need to calm down.

Postman Pat

Brighton played at Gillingham and had a plan to come back Rotherham played four miles away and had a plan to come back We havent and have a perfectly good ground available so please tell me where the similarity is between us and them?

Brighton didnt have a plan at all they eventually moved back to play at a sports stadium then finally got the land at Falmer.

stupot07

Brighton played at Gillingham and had a plan to come back Rotherham played four miles away and had a plan to come back We havent and have a perfectly good ground available so please tell me where the similarity is between us and them?

Rotherham:

Millmoor is a stadium in Rotherham, England. It was built and was used for football matches, and until the end of the 2007–08 season was the home ground of Rotherham United F.C., until a dispute over ownership forced them to move to the Don Valley Stadium in nearby Sheffield

Following the failure of the owners of the club and the owners of Millmoor to reach a lease agreement the club left for the Don Valley Stadium in Sheffield in 2008.[12]

Brighton:

For many years Brighton and Hove Albion were based at the Goldstone Ground in Hove, until the board of directors decided to sell the stadium. The sale, implemented by majority shareholder Bill Archer and his chief executive David Bellotti, proved controversial, and the move provoked widespread protests against the board. The club received little if any money from this sale.[7] sounds familiar

A ground share with Portsmouth never materialised and the club eventually arranged a ground-share with Gillingham at their Priestfield Stadium over 70 miles from Brighton.

For two years, from 1997–99, the club shared the ground of Gillingham, before returning to Brighton to play at Withdean Stadium.

Because of the cost of the public enquiry into planning permission for a new stadium, rent on Withdean Stadium, fees paid to use Gillingham's Priestfield Stadium, and a general running deficit due to the low ticket sales inherent with a small ground, the club had an accumulated deficit of £9.5 million in 2004.

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

Rotherham:

Millmoor is a stadium in Rotherham, England. It was built and was used for football matches, and until the end of the 2007–08 season was the home ground of Rotherham United F.C., until a dispute over ownership forced them to move to the Don Valley Stadium in nearby Sheffield

Following the failure of the owners of the club and the owners of Millmoor to reach a lease agreement the club left for the Don Valley Stadium in Sheffield in 2008.[12]

Brighton:

For many years Brighton and Hove Albion were based at the Goldstone Ground in Hove, until the board of directors decided to sell the stadium. The sale, implemented by majority shareholder Bill Archer and his chief executive David Bellotti, proved controversial, and the move provoked widespread protests against the board. The club received little if any money from this sale.[7] sounds familiar

A ground share with Portsmouth never materialised and the club eventually arranged a ground-share with Gillingham at their Priestfield Stadium over 70 miles from Brighton.

For two years, from 1997–99, the club shared the ground of Gillingham, before returning to Brighton to play at Withdean Stadium.

Because of the cost of the public enquiry into planning permission for a new stadium, rent on Withdean Stadium, fees paid to use Gillingham's Priestfield Stadium, and a general running deficit due to the low ticket sales inherent with a small ground, the club had an accumulated deficit of £9.5 million in 2004.

Sick of this now ok you're right

Matty_CCFC

Rotherham:

Brighton:

Rotherham was classed as unsafe, they had a plan and now in new stadium

Brighton was knocked down and had no choice to play elsewhere

In our case our owners did not like the rent so stopped paying it, so a perfectly good stadium is available but no football.

Joy Division

Rotherham was classed as unsafe, they had a plan and now in new stadium

Brighton was knocked down and had no choice to play elsewhere

In our case our owners did not like the rent so stopped paying it, so a perfectly good stadium is available but no football.

Was it really?

bigfatronssba

Around 1400 tickers sold so far according to Eakin. Similar crowd to the Bristol City game expected.

stupot07

Thasts what they said on the seb site at the time. The Council back them.
It was a very rough and basic ground though, behond some steel works as I recall

From the Yorkshire post:

ROTHERHAM United have been forced to sever all ties with Millmoor and will kick-off next season at Sheffield's Don Valley Stadium.
Stressing that they had 'no other option' and that this is only 'a temporary move', the current administration have taken the decision to leave the famous old ground after 101 years, to safeguard the future of the cash-strapped club.

The troubled Millers could be playing five miles away at Don Valley Stadium for the next five years while the club await the building of a new community stadium in Rotherham, which is still only in the early stages of planning.

Chairman Tony Stewart, who is covering the running costs of the club which remains in administration, has been unable to agree terms on the lease from the Booth family, who own Millmoor.

Millers chief executive Paul Douglas said: "Talks between ourselves and the landlords have broken down and we will leave Millmoor by the end of this month.

"We have been unable to agree terms to allow us to stay at Millmoor, despite our best intentions."

Users who are viewing this thread