Rugby World Cup 2023 (1 Viewer)

Evo1883

England have a great record against France in the semis at world cups. Don't write them off yet!
Feel like we're just not quite at that level right now .. but its sport and anything can happen, but south Africa/ France V all blacks final

PVA

That was a phenomenal game.

SA should batter England, if they can recover from the physicality of this game in time.

Great_Expectations

That second game was unreal, such an amazing pace to it. And yes I agree based on that we get beaten next round.

However, despite a lapse in the second half, we stepped it up today so we may well find another gear (or two/three) next round.

Covkid1968#

clint van damme

But but but… they can all mix and drink beer and congratulate each other on a fantastic display despite losing. Unlike the thugs who go and watch football who deserve to be caged in and can’t be trusted to drink beer in an arena.

To be fair it's a couple of clowns in a large crowd.

San Francisco

But but but… they can all mix and drink beer and congratulate each other on a fantastic display despite losing. Unlike the thugs who go and watch football who deserve to be caged in and can’t be trusted to drink beer in an arena.

Well yeah pretty much. Having worked as a steward up and down the country the difference between football and rugby fans is night and day. Like it or not rugby fans are generally far more civilised.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

I played rugby at school and once scored a wonder try.

The ball came loose on the floor and I kicked it and ran after it and as it kept bobbling, I dribbled it football style all the way to the line, some 50 yards, and then dived on the ball to score a try

I was pleased as punch with myself, only to then have the teacher give me a rollicking for not picking the ball up. 🤷
We played rugby loads in PE despite everyone preferring football.

Teacher kept on putting me at hooker, even though I was one of the smallest, scrawniest kids there. Fucking brutal - people kick your shins all the time in a scrum and one someone threw a punch right into my ribs. Winded and couldn't get out it was fucking horrible. Don't think there was a single lesson I didn't end up bleeding somehow.

As for the try I did something similar. Their player dropped the ball around our 22 and I kicked it forward, picked it up and ran the length of the pitch to score. Was so happy i did a swan dive over the tryline and being an idiot landed on my chest and winded myself. My moment of glory and I ended up feeling like a total prick.

SkyBlueSoul

That game last night was exhilarating, was in the pub and even a few tables of people who hadn't gone for the rugby ended up watching. Breathless stuff, although I fear for us in the semi final now. We haven't played a tier 1 side yet and still haven't managed to build up any real momentum. Samoa was a chance to carry on from battering Chile knowing we'd already qualified but was frustrating as shit. Fiji aren't a bad side but we shouldn't be scraping through with a drop goal and a penalty.

Looks like I'll miss the South Africa game, will be half cut on a train back from Bristol.

SkyBlueSoul

On a more positive note, I can say I’ve seen a player represent Coventry at a world cup after last weekend

055592b60c2110481229f4bc8fec5bb7.jpg

Otis

Also noticed lots of dissent in the last few games especially from South Africa and especially their hooker
Yes, I picked up on that too. Never used to be any questioning of referees, but it definitely seems to have crept in.

Noticed a number of occasions in this World Cup where dissent has been shown

SkyBlueSoul

Obviously short notice but there's still over 2,500 tickets on sale for the semi-final next Saturday, all the French fans ditching theirs. It's through the official site's resale platform, most of them are Cat 2 at €350.

SkyBlueSoul

As much as I want to go, I'll be on a train back from Bristol trying to watch it on my phone

SkyBlueSoul

Pretty much as expected for Saturday. Still can't see past us getting a pasting, or at least SA by 10.

1697715278854.png

duffer

Best hope might be for some hideous weather so that it turns into fifteen-a-side bog snorkelling. Our Leicestershire contingent at least have webbed feet to help them then. 😁

Joking aside, is there a roof on the stadium does anyone know?

SkyBlueSoul

Best hope might be for some hideous weather so that it turns into fifteen-a-side bog snorkelling. Our Leicestershire contingent at least have webbed feet to help them then. 😁

Joking aside, is there a roof on the stadium does anyone know?
70% chance of rain in Paris at kick off and no roof...

SkyBlueSoul

Happy Friday everyone, this popped up on my timeline. Something to lift the rainy autumnal gloom. Vividly remember standing in front of the TV as a 12 year old screaming "JOOHHHNNNNYYYYY" as that drop kick went over. Still get emotional watching it.

SkyBlueSoul

Argentina started well but the gulf in class is stark here, the Kiwis are just so skilful and ruthless.

SkyBlueSoul

Unless the Argies can convert something soon then definitely, they came out all guns blazing and are suffering for it now.

Users who are viewing this thread