Sheffield United fans (2 Viewers)

skybluesam66

we have always had good relationship with the Wednesday fans aswell, so it must be that the united fans are assembled from the less educated parts.

anthony

Applauded, 1 stoppage for throwing stuff on the pitch, infact some fans got involved, however 3 stoppages 1 in the 83rd minute, got a little bit silly fans got annoyed at coventry

i don't know when your problems started as I'm not a Coventry fan, I only mentioned the Tevez thing has it had been brought up earlier.

I genuinely would care regardless of whether it was Wednesday Leeds or Millwall if they had been cheated like that.

Like I said the banter was simply because you were ruining a game day for afew thousand blades fans, not many of which know much other than that your board is screwing your club, like Blackpool, Bradford, Leeds, Wimbledon and many other clubs have had happen to them.

Steve.B50

Afternoon Coventry fans

I am a blade and I accept the abuse that may mindlessly come my way after the circus of a game last night...

Am I alone in thinking that if your team had no problems and you spent your hard earned money to travel 90 miles to watch a FOOTBALL match that you wouldn't have been a little annoyed if it were to be interrupted 3 times and delayed on a work night...
If you had been approached outside the ground by some home fans and asked to spare some money for the plight of the hosting club, or even a signature to back up a campaign then fair enough, most football supporters would happily do this. However at the end of the day the blades fans have come down heard nothing but a loud whistling, and feel the game they have paid to watch is being used not for a display of football but for a publicity stunt.

Being from Huddersfield I know that last year the exact same thing happened when they played Blackpool and the game was abandoned and a draw was awarded. If this had been in reverse and you felt the game was heading to that conclusion would you have stood and applauded knowing that it may damage your promotion push?

Whilst I am sympathetic towards any club not respecting their fans I am against anything that prevents a game of football game going ahead. The whole Tevez/Mascherano scenario was completely different, the game has laws and a team broke them. For some reason we were the only team willing to question why the FA and premier league. They decided that fining them a tiny figure in comparison to what they made due to the signing of these players was acceptable. Whilst your plight is a terrible one, it is an internal matter that I hope can be resolved with all the fans and local businesses around Coventry coming together and buying out these bandits. The Tevez affair wasn't internal it was a questioning of the governing body of the sport! and how it seems happy to dock points for a team who cannot afford to run its self (administration) or even Middlesbrough who had a virus spread round the players and couldnt raise a team, but when a London team CHEATS no points are deducted and the fine was a joke, West Ham still won! it would be like saying Lance Armstrong we know you cheated on drugs all your career, but you are still the champion however out of the 80m prize money could you give back 10 and you can compete next year!

However you dragged a team fighting for promotion into your problem who will not be able to help in this matter and we simply reacted with a bit of sarcastic banter. Just like fans who have sang Wednesday based songs at us, or who took the piss out of an innocent Ched Evans pre-trial or even when Coventry fans outside the pub at the station (The Howard) sang there's only one Carlos Tevez. We take it with a pinch of salt have a laugh and move on.

No blade wants SISU to ruin your club, however the fans that had made the trip didn't want Coventry fans ruining the entertainment of the game they had paid to watch. Neither did they want to miss their train home or be delayed and inconvenienced by something that isn't their problem...

I have no idea why you are all losing your heads about a bit of banter?

Not going to give you abuse, but one day I hope your in a similar situation and seek support from other clubs.
Your fans last night showed exactly what they are and I hope that in the future I am around to join the bandwagon of enjoying your down trodden plight.
SUFC are now one of my most detested clubs

anthony

Not going to give you abuse, but one day I hope your in a similar situation and seek support from other clubs.
Your fans last night showed exactly what they are and I hope that in the future I am around to join the bandwagon of enjoying your down trodden plight.
SUFC are now one of my most detested clubs

Slight over reaction a bit of singing makes you detest a club!?

Christ above well let's hope you don't do one of these protests against Millwall, Leeds, Man U etc. They would feel equally has inconvenienced by something that has had literally nothing to do with them!

if we are in this plight and we try and interupt the match at Bramall lane in mid winter in this manner then by all means i will join you in the abuse of the idiots that run on the pitch and/or throw stuff at opposition players

clint van damme

Applauded, 1 stoppage for throwing stuff on the pitch, infact some fans got involved, however 3 stoppages 1 in the 83rd minute, got a little bit silly fans got annoyed at coventry

i don't know when your problems started as I'm not a Coventry fan, I only mentioned the Tevez thing has it had been brought up earlier.

I genuinely would care regardless of whether it was Wednesday Leeds or Millwall if they had been cheated like that.

Like I said the banter was simply because you were ruining a game day for afew thousand blades fans, not many of which know much other than that your board is screwing your club, like Blackpool, Bradford, Leeds, Wimbledon and many other clubs have had happen to them.

I wouldn't give a fuck mate.
Same as I don't moan when inconvenienced by public sector strikes, or when I got delayed outside Birmingham airport a few months ago by the black lives matter protest.

When peoples back are against the wall they have to do what they have to do - and I'll always support that type of action.

anthony

anthony - just fuck off you really havent got a clue

Good comeback, thought of that all by yourself?

Were we supposed to read the history of Coventry just before a league 1 match on a Thursday night...

Stopping a match 3 times is annoying and would annoy any away set of supporters? The hatred of Sheffield United seems a little strong

Nick

Administrator
I am not too sure why CCFC fans let themselves get wound up by them saying it, didn't Morecombe do the same thing? I could understand if our fans started singing it people would take exception.

I wasn't too fussed when they got relegated and wouldn't be if they had shit owners. Might sound selfish but I'm not going to pretend I care and give it all of the fans united stuff.

Steve.B50

Slight over reaction a bit of singing makes you detest a club!?

Christ above well let's hope you don't do one of these protests against Millwall, Leeds, Man U etc. They would feel equally has inconvenienced by something that has had literally nothing to do with them!

if we are in this plight and we try and interupt the match at Bramall lane in mid winter in this manner then by all means i will join you in the abuse of the idiots that run on the pitch and/or throw stuff at opposition players

Not an over reaction, that's how I feel.
From now on I will applaud any team that takes points off you.

Leeds, Millwall would have done a lot more that what happened last night.
Ours was all not aggressive and nothing against the opposition.

Man Utd, they are nothing !

Steve.B50

Were we supposed to read the history of Coventry just before a league 1 match on a Thursday night...

Stopping a match 3 times is annoying and would annoy any away set of supporters? The hatred of Sheffield United seems a little strong

We did not have a hatred for you before last night.

skybluesam66

in fact we did - their manipulation of their own ball boys has always wound me up - fast feeding their own players, and holding back from the opposition

Nick

Administrator
We did not have a hatred for you before last night.

They don't actually love SISU though, I doubt any of them even know who they are. It wasn't even "pro sisu" like people keep saying, it was "pro wind up the city fans at a football match".

If a city fan stood up and sang it, while I don't condone it I could understand if they got a whack at that time and moment. Them singing it should have been water off a duck's back.

Hopefully SISU will hear they are loved somewhere though ;)

Nick

Administrator
I'm still seething about the game where Jay McEveley murdered Ruben Lameiras and got little more than a high five from the ref for it.

Shame he went to Ross county, a fan could have put a 2 footer in on him.

Grendel

I'm still seething about the game where Jay McEveley murdered Ruben Lameiras and got little more than a high five from the ref for it.

If he had murdered* him I'd have high fived him - it would spare me watching him again

* - for clarification to our younger viewers on here I mean this in a metaphorical sense only continuing the play on the word murder. After all, as our older viewers will have worked out if the original post had been true we would now actually be seeing a ghost of Ruben Lameries as he would have already been murdered. So for clarity I wish no harm on mr Lameries at all. I just do not want to see him masquerading as a footballer anymore.

Hope the younger viewers now understand this and can sleep tonight

Last edited:

lifeskyblue

Certainly don't hate sheff Utd or any other club. Personally thought the songs were ok and just banter. In fact opposition chanting for our owners does get a message across. As for the rest Anthony...sheff Utd were 'unlucky' to face us on a rearranged night for the benefit of sKY. Little wonder long suffering fans saw an opportunity to get wide exposure of the disastrous way our football club has been run. If the roles had been reversed and the match up at your place and you in terminal decline as a club...whether or not we were going for promotion or fighting relegation I would respect your loyal and desperate fans right to protest in any way they saw fit (as long as it didn't endanger anyone). I would have applauded their protest and joined it in any way I could.
An attack on any football club by owners who drag clubs through the mud is an attack on the wider football family. The game would be a lot poorer if local fans gave up on their hometown clubs. And it would be poorer also if football rivals didn't stick together at such times.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

olderskyblue

I am really surprised by all the hate. So they haven't supported us in our plight. So what, plenty of others haven't either, including our own fans. What number is the CT petition total at now? must be at least 50K eh? That's how many people would want Wembley tickets if we ever got there again.

Maybe we think our issues are understood more widely than they actually are?

Chill out ffs, the message we sent was the important one, not how SU fans responded.

Nick

Administrator
I am really surprised by all the hate. So they haven't supported us in our plight. So what, plenty of others haven't either, including our own fans. What number is the CT petition total at now? must be at least 50K eh? That's how many people would want Wembley tickets if we ever got there again.

Chill out ffs, the message we sent was the important one, not how SU fans responded.

Exactly, still have to remember it's football fans, they are tribal!

We are as well.

Grendel

The reality is if sisu owned Sheffield United most would think good - that's a rival club that's got crap owners that are harming them to our advantage

When those brothers owned wolves in the 80's we used to rip the piss out of their fans.

Like when Marlon King was here

She said yes she said no

Hysterical twaddle.

jimmyhillsfanclub

Its all getting a little silly.....god knows I've heard some ultra cringeworthy & tastless shite chanted from our very own SBA on away days many many times over the years.....

..so the dumb blunts mis-judged a chant about our cunty owners......big deal....I remember seeing them do monkey chants 30+ years after everybody else in British football knew it was unacceptable.....thus proving how backward they can be...

......for a team nicknamed the blades, their fans are far from the sharpest tool in the shed.

mrtrench

Well done Anthony; you have excelled yourself. Not only proud of showing no empathy for fellow fans you have gone out of your way to sign up to our forum and rub our noses in it. Do you have a tiny little dick by any chance?

Wheelfass

Afternoon Coventry fans
Am I alone in thinking that if your team had no problems and you spent your hard earned money to travel 90 miles to watch a FOOTBALL match that you wouldn't have been a little annoyed if it were to be interrupted 3 times and delayed on a work night. Neither did they want to miss their train home or be delayed and inconvenienced by something that isn't their problem...
Exactly......you have no idea.
However, I'm sorry if the events of the evening took you past your bed time....pfffft.

torchomatic

Absolutely, 20K is a bit rubbish and that will include fans from other clubs too.

covcity4life

Afternoon Coventry fans

I am a blade and I accept the abuse that may mindlessly come my way after the circus of a game last night...

Am I alone in thinking that if your team had no problems and you spent your hard earned money to travel 90 miles to watch a FOOTBALL match that you wouldn't have been a little annoyed if it were to be interrupted 3 times and delayed on a work night...
If you had been approached outside the ground by some home fans and asked to spare some money for the plight of the hosting club, or even a signature to back up a campaign then fair enough, most football supporters would happily do this. However at the end of the day the blades fans have come down heard nothing but a loud whistling, and feel the game they have paid to watch is being used not for a display of football but for a publicity stunt.

Being from Huddersfield I know that last year the exact same thing happened when they played Blackpool and the game was abandoned and a draw was awarded. If this had been in reverse and you felt the game was heading to that conclusion would you have stood and applauded knowing that it may damage your promotion push?

Whilst I am sympathetic towards any club not respecting their fans I am against anything that prevents a game of football game going ahead. The whole Tevez/Mascherano scenario was completely different, the game has laws and a team broke them. For some reason we were the only team willing to question why the FA and premier league. They decided that fining them a tiny figure in comparison to what they made due to the signing of these players was acceptable. Whilst your plight is a terrible one, it is an internal matter that I hope can be resolved with all the fans and local businesses around Coventry coming together and buying out these bandits. The Tevez affair wasn't internal it was a questioning of the governing body of the sport! and how it seems happy to dock points for a team who cannot afford to run its self (administration) or even Middlesbrough who had a virus spread round the players and couldnt raise a team, but when a London team CHEATS no points are deducted and the fine was a joke, West Ham still won! it would be like saying Lance Armstrong we know you cheated on drugs all your career, but you are still the champion however out of the 80m prize money could you give back 10 and you can compete next year!

However you dragged a team fighting for promotion into your problem who will not be able to help in this matter and we simply reacted with a bit of sarcastic banter. Just like fans who have sang Wednesday based songs at us, or who took the piss out of an innocent Ched Evans pre-trial or even when Coventry fans outside the pub at the station (The Howard) sang there's only one Carlos Tevez. We take it with a pinch of salt have a laugh and move on.

No blade wants SISU to ruin your club, however the fans that had made the trip didn't want Coventry fans ruining the entertainment of the game they had paid to watch. Neither did they want to miss their train home or be delayed and inconvenienced by something that isn't their problem...

tevez.jpg

say that again anthony mate, i cant hear you.

eastwoodsdustman

Dont know why they get so upset about Tevez. They took the financial Bribe and relegation that went with it. Sold themeselves for a couple of million pounds. Says it all really.

Joy Division

If he had murdered him I'd have high fived him - it would spare me watching him again

Most of the time I hope our young players don't read these forums. If you are reading this Ruben, please don't take his opinion to reflect all Coventry fans views, most of us are always 100% behind you.

Grendel

Most of the time I hope our young players don't read these forums. If you are reading this Ruben, please don't take his opinion to reflect all Coventry fans views, most of us are always 100% behind you.

No they are not. Most around me groaned when he came on. He's paid to play football and he's not very good at it.
More fan hyperbole. If I'd said it about Kevin Kyle I'd have broken the record for likes on a single post.

Users who are viewing this thread