Shocking Moments at CCFC Games (1 Viewer)

lordsummerisle

Another city fan died at the FA Cup 1/4 at Bramall Lane I seem to recall.

I'd gone down to the loo before the game kicked off and came up the wrong concourse, so had to go along a whole row to get to where my seat was, half-way along there was a bloke slumped in his seat, thought he'd probably had a few, but when he didn't move, his(I think it was son), tried to shake him when we realised he was totally collapsed in hi seat.

Callled up stewards, then St Johns, they took him out onto the steps then down below, tried to revive him but he died.

At least he died with us on the cusp of making the FA Cup Semi-final(I'm positive we'd have made the final past Newcastle and given Arsenal a much better game than they did if we'd got through. The one time Nilsson made a mistake and it had to be in about the 89th minute when 1-0 up in an FA Cup semi-final replay).

Sick Boy

West Ham fans started shouting during the silence, the cov fans in singers corner went ape shit and tried to get to them, then when the minute finished, everyone booed. One of the most, if not the most, disrespectful and disgusting things i have ever seen

If they had got near them they would have been running back the way they came seconds later.

tbh444

After whats happened with the Suarez biting incident, i've been thinking about some of the most disgusting things i have seen at Football matches. The worst thing i have seen at a game i have attended was at the West Ham game last year, when a section of the Hammers' booed and interrupted the minutes silence for Remembrance Day. So whats the most shocking or disgusting thing you have experianced at a game? (Except the performance from Cov ;) )

Actually nobody booed, just a few west ham fans were still coming up from under the stand and started singing not realising what was going on (stupid but not intentional) - they might soon have realised and shut up but then some attention-seeking morons in our end decided to make the situation worse with some kind of fake outrage

Moff

I saw Lloyd McGrath score. Now that did shock me, nearly as much as when I had previously seen Brian Roberts score. I think Lloyd scored three in all for us, and Brian Roberts two.

I also once saw Kevin Kyle look like a footballer....no sorry I was mistaken.

Grendel

I saw Lloyd McGrath score. Now that did shock me, nearly as much as when I had previously seen Brian Roberts score. I think Lloyd scored three in all for us, and Brian Roberts two.

I also once saw Kevin Kyle look like a footballer....no sorry I was mistaken.

I once saw Raddy Abramovic make a save.

Ok I'm just making that up.

theferret

Actually nobody booed, just a few west ham fans were still coming up from under the stand and started singing not realising what was going on (stupid but not intentional) - they might soon have realised and shut up but then some attention-seeking morons in our end decided to make the situation worse with some kind of fake outrage

It was pretty obvious at the time. I mean, if there was one set of fans sure not to disrespect the memories of those that died in the blitz, it was West Ham. They're from the East End of London ffs!

intercity

They were utter cunts. We got them for the first game of the Ricoh as well, lots of trouble outside that day as well.

QPR had arranged a meet at rugby with some cov lads but the btp were lying in wait mob handed,must of been 40 at least plus dogs,they were put onto a bus to milton keynes then continued forward

This is probably the funniest too................

Roy Barry last man on the edge of our box in a one to one with Wolves striker John Richards, just made him self into a ball and dived at Richards head first to clean him out. No red cards for that in the good old days :D

ccfcdan

Not shocking but amusing.... There used to be an Indian guy with a turban that used to stand up and hold a picture of Jesus pointing it in the direction of other fans. There were some strange fans at highfield road!

urbanbushmonkey

What is this Ibiza XI and tour all about?

Us, QPR and Huddersfield went over to Ibiza and played in a tournament against an Ibiza XI.

It was a pretty fun week really.

City lost in the final 3-2 in a match that had to be stopped because of trouble in the stands.

itsvangool

Worked as steward at Highfield Road in the early 90's on the disabled section. I remember two Liverpool supporters in wheelchairs jumping out of them when they scored!!

LastGarrison

Um, you said it was?

No.

I said he was a Cov lad, i.e. a male from Coventry. You said he was a Cov fan. You also say I think nowt of the stabbing. You've made both of these things up.

Stick to making those hilarious references about your make believe boyfriend. It's more your level.

Brighton Sky Blue

No.

I said he was a Cov lad, i.e. a male from Coventry. You said he was a Cov fan. You also say I think nowt of the stabbing. You've made both of these things up.

Stick to making those hilarious references about your make believe boyfriend. It's more your level.

More or less the same thing I'm sure you'll agree otherwise there would've been no need for 'revenge' in 2001. Your attitude toward hooliganism in the past has been pretty blasé so again, not an unreasonable assumption.

There is a little more to my posting than playing up to a Brighton stereotype, as it goes.

covboy1987

Was a pre-season tournament a few years back with ourselves, qpr and forget the other team 05/06 season or something.

Coventry, Qpr, Huddersfield, and a Spanish team
Cov went 2-0 up in the final before the trouble started in the ground where a mob of Qpr tried to get into the Cov area but got absolutly battered by Cov lads and Police
Qpr had been giving it the big one all week on the island with 'We are the new Millwall' and looking for trouble wherby most Cov & Huddersfield fans treated it as a great holiday
Huddersfield town offered to join up with Cov to even the numbers out as they also had trouble in there game but Cov refused
Cov had a right firm of lads from all over the city numbering about 125 that intially went for the holiday and then got together. As it turns out rhe riot police were not worried about the Qpr after all but turned ther attentions to the Cov fans who were waiting outside the ground on waste ground after the game but the new Millwall would not come out

skybluelee

Cov went 2-0 up in the final before the trouble started in the ground where a mob of Qpr tried to get into the Cov area but got absolutly battered by Cov lads and Police
Qpr had been giving it the big one all week on the island with 'We are the new Millwall' and looking for trouble wherby most Cov & Huddersfield fans treated it as a great holiday
Huddersfield town offered to join up with Cov to even the numbers out as they also had trouble in there game but Cov refused
Cov had a right firm of lads from all over the city numbering about 125 that intially went for the holiday and then got together. As it turns out rhe riot police were not worried about the Qpr after all but turned ther attentions to the Cov fans who were waiting outside the ground on waste ground after the game but the new Millwall would not come out

Thanks Danny Dyer.

LastGarrison

More or less the same thing I'm sure you'll agree otherwise there would've been no need for 'revenge' in 2001. Your attitude toward hooliganism in the past has been pretty blasé so again, not an unreasonable assumption.

There is a little more to my posting than playing up to a Brighton stereotype, as it goes.

More or less. Assumptions. Blase attitudes. Aren't you just a little bundle of facts! One fact is you know fuck all about me or my "thoughts".

And yet in over 5000 posts I'm still to see it.......

fernandopartridge

Nowhere near 125 Cov for that QPR game, I'd say 40 at best mate (your account makes it sound like you were there as well)

Users who are viewing this thread