Shocking Moments at CCFC Games (1 Viewer)

jackdg

Can't remember the game, must've been 1997 ish. The sight of Oggy, shorts around his ankles, attempting to cover his modesty is still one of the most shocking things I've seen

theferret

More or less. Assumptions. Blase attitudes. Aren't you just a little bundle of facts! One fact is you know fuck all about me or my "thoughts".

And yet in over 5000 posts I'm still to see it.......

You have to very careful on here. Any attempt to recall or describe events of a violent nature at football matches and you immediately come under the radar of a small group of posters known as, 'The Sanctimonious Six'; who will analyse that post in detail and if they detect the use of language they do not approve of, will reply with a smart-arsed comment that usually contains references to 'Danny Dyer', 'Green Street' or 'The Football Factory' (these are movies about football violence apparently which I have no interest in seeing).

I once made the mistake of saying this phrase: "I saw 20 Cov walking towards the underpass", to which I was told I was using 'Green Street' language and was probably a wanabee hooligan. Perhaps they should contact WM Police who regularly tweet things like "2 Cov arrested at the game today", and have a go at them too.

LastGarrison

You have to very careful on here. Any attempt to recall or describe events of a violent nature at football matches and you immediately come under the radar of a small group of posters known as, 'The Sanctimonious Six'; who will analyse that post in detail and if they detect the use of language they do not approve of, will reply with a smart-arsed comment that usually contains references to 'Danny Dyer', 'Green Street' or 'The Football Factory' (these are movies about football violence apparently which I have no interest in seeing).

I once made the mistake of saying this phrase: "I saw 20 Cov walking towards the underpass", to which I was told I was using 'Green Street' language and was probably a wanabee hooligan. Perhaps they should contact WM Police who regularly tweet things like "2 Cov arrested at the game today", and have a go at them too.

It is odd.

It's almost like a competition on here sometimes to see who can be the most "holier than thou".

Brighton Sky Blue

More or less. Assumptions. Blase attitudes. Aren't you just a little bundle of facts! One fact is you know fuck all about me or my "thoughts".

And yet in over 5000 posts I'm still to see it.......

Total nonsense-rapidly losing credibility here.

It doesn't take much effort to see 'Cov lad stabbed a major Pompey lad which is why they trashed HR in 2001' to derive that the stabbing was football related.

LastGarrison

Total nonsense-rapidly losing credibility here.

It doesn't take much effort to see 'Cov lad stabbed a major Pompey lad which is why they trashed HR in 2001' to derive that the stabbing was football related.

The stabbing was not football related though. Yes the end product, although you will see further up that FP has stated that the author of the 657 book refutes the claim that it was related, may have been. But it also may not of been. Their author, who is in a far better position than any of us, says that it wasn't.

I was answering a poster who said that there was no previous history between the two with a theory that is commonly thought around Cov linking the two.

You are the one who for some reason has jumped in with both feet making assumptions and casting aspersions based on, well I am not exactly too sure what they are based on.

If there is any credibility to be lost (is that even possible on a anonymous message board?) then it is you for sticking your sticky little beak into something you clearly know nothing about.

fernandopartridge

You've forgot the other label - 'chav'.

gazzo117

Ian wrights knee smashing into oggies nose which in my opinion was totally deliberate
It was deliberate, and I am told that in Tony Adams autobiography he talks about Liam Daish going into the Arsenal changing room after the game and Ian Wright and several other Arsenal players hiding

Skyblueloyal

Not sure if it been done but the most shocking moments I have ever seen in my CCFC life is Peter Reid becoming our manager

Joy Division

I remember Sunderland fans singing a particularly racist song about the ethnic make up of the city of Coventry during a game a t HR in the late 90's. Horrible bunch.

Joy Division

Anyone remember the Micky Quinn pointing incident vs Man United in the early 90's? Think there was a bit of a melee between a number of players and an angry pointing gesture towards Peter Schmeichel cause the big Dane to take a dive which resulted in Sumo being sent off.

It was my earliest memory of being outraged as a youngster from something that was so unjust.

torchomatic

How about good things? Being at Highbury, first game of the season when Quinn got a hat-trick.

Joy Division

Andy Morrell scoring a last minute winner vs Wigan.......only for a few minutes later Scott Shearer dropping the ball against the post and into the path of a Wigan player to tap into an empty net.

Users who are viewing this thread