Should drugs be legalised? (1 Viewer)

covcity4life

So because of what somebody decides to do with their own bodies they are not deserving of respect?

just dont expect sympathy.

giphy.gif

covcity4life

its like if ciggeretters were banned tommrow and people starting importing ciggerettes that increased chances of cancer

would you really be like oh poor sods,they might get ill now.

or would you say just bloody quit and increase chances of healthy life?

covcity4life

That's really not the point I was making at all is it. That is doing something to somebody else's body and completely out of order.

some on off topic forum says religion causes issues and atheists know best

so same can be said of drugs? drugs cause bad behaviour in many people and thus sober people know best.

what goes around comes around! wooooooooooh

*too scared to search old liquid gold posts incase he in fact did not ridicule religion and renders my post worthless*

eastwoodsdustman

That's really not the point I was making at all is it. That is doing something to somebody else's body and completely out of order.
The issue is that when they take drugs they have a massive impact on society as a whole either through their behaviour whilst on drugs, after they've taken drugs or whilst they're trying to get drugs. I really don't care what impact drug use has on the person taking them but it has so many more ways that it impacts on everyone else in society whether directly or indirectly.

Liquid Gold

The issue is that when they take drugs they have a massive impact on society as a whole either through their behaviour whilst on drugs, after they've taken drugs or whilst they're trying to get drugs. I really don't care what impact drug use has on the person taking them but it has so many more ways that it impacts on everyone else in society whether directly or indirectly.
And the evidence shows that the wider impact on society is massively reduced when more sensible laws are in place.

eastwoodsdustman

And the evidence shows that the wider impact on society is massively reduced when more sensible laws are in place.
They may well be for hard users and addicts but you'll still get the antisocial and aggressive behaviour of the recreational users as Oucho's other half and plenty of law abiding supporters found out at the weekend. I'm not sure what the answer is really. Give em all enough to kill themselves or try and stop it all. Either way it needs a lot more to be done than is being done at the moment.

Grendel

Well it doesn't but hey ho.

Liquid Gold

They may well be for hard users and addicts but you'll still get the antisocial and aggressive behaviour of the recreational users as Oucho's other half and plenty of law abiding supporters found out at the weekend. I'm not sure what the answer is really. Give em all enough to kill themselves or try and stop it all. Either way it needs a lot more to be done than is being done at the moment.
Well the government's chief advisor on the matter suggested decriminalisation and treating it as a public health, rather than law and order, issue. He was sacked because it wasn't politically palatable.

Also I'm in no way excusing what happened to Oucho's other half or any of the fans affected by the twats on Saturday. They should have to deal with the consequences of my actions. As I said earlier in the thread though a lot of the trouble I've seen has been caused by men who are old enough to know better and seem to feel invincible after a few drinks with no sign of drug use.

Grendel

Well the government's chief advisor on the matter suggested decriminalisation and treating it as a public health, rather than law and order, issue. He was sacked because it wasn't politically palatable.

Also I'm in no way excusing what happened to Oucho's other half or any of the fans affected by the twats on Saturday. They should have to deal with the consequences of my actions. As I said earlier in the thread though a lot of the trouble I've seen has been caused by men who are old enough to know better and seem to feel invincible after a few drinks with no sign of drug use.

Good god you are not taken in by that arrogant oaf David Nutt are you?

shmmeee

By "all other countries" you mean a minority of countries, right?

I stick by my point, by definition, if something is against the law then there is something wrong with it....by very definition.

So was being gay wrong in the 50s?

Sick Boy

Start by looking at alcohol.

Sick Boy

You really are a fuckwit in an arseholes clothing.

More than one government advisor has recommended downgrading cannabis.

I used to smoke it myself but gave it up earlier this year. Despite not smoking it, I fully support legalisation. Drugs such as Cannabis and Ecstacy are much less harmful than alcohol and users taking them impact society much less than alcohol.

covmark

I used to smoke it myself but gave it up earlier this year. Despite not smoking it, I fully support legalisation. Drugs such as Cannabis and Ecstacy are much less harmful than alcohol and users taking them impact society much less than alcohol.
Indeed. I gave up around 8 years ago having smoked it for around 12 years.
I'd much rather be surrounded in town by a load of stoners than a load of pissheads.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Grendel

You really are a fuckwit in an arseholes clothing.

More than one government advisor has recommended downgrading cannabis.

Professor Nutt wanted to downgrade LSD and Ecstacy.

The passive ignorance of people like you is astonishing.

When you say "downgrade" you probably swallowed the dear Professors claim that 160,000 users are "criminalised" a year. A nonsense argument when only 22,000 went to court and many of them received a slap on the wrist.

His league table ranking of harmful substances is also fatally flawed - I will educate you and liquid gold on this when you name the other advisors and what then actually said.

Facts are so much better than empty rhetoric don't you think?

covmark

Professor Nutt wanted to downgrade LSD and Ecstacy.

The passive ignorance of people like you is astonishing.

When you say "downgrade" you probably swallowed the dear Professors claim that 160,000 users are "criminalised" a year. A nonsense argument when only 22,000 went to court and many of them received a slap on the wrist.

His league table ranking of harmful substances is also fatally flawed - I will educate you and liquid gold on this when you name the other advisors and what then actually said.

Facts are so much better than empty rhetoric don't you think?
Have you read why he recommended downgrading ecstasy and lsd.
It makes sense tbh.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Grendel

Is there any subject you don't know more about than people who have studied / worked in for years?

I wasn't aware Schmeee and Liquid gold had.

chiefdave

I wasn't aware Schmeee and Liquid gold had.
They might not have but I'm pretty sure Professor Nutt DM, FRCP, FRCPSYCH, FSB, FMEDSCI, chair in Neuropsychopharmacology at Imperial College, chair of the Independent Scientific Committee on Drugs, president of the European Brain Council, former president of the British Association of Psychopharmacology, former president of the British Neuroscience Association, former president of the European College of Neuropsychopharmacology, winner of the John Maddox Prize, winner of the Transmission Prize and named in The Times 100 most important figures in british science has a vague idea what he's talking about.

Grendel

They might not have but I'm pretty sure Professor Nutt DM, FRCP, FRCPSYCH, FSB, FMEDSCI, chair in Neuropsychopharmacology at Imperial College, chair of the Independent Scientific Committee on Drugs, president of the European Brain Council, former president of the British Association of Psychopharmacology, former president of the British Neuroscience Association, former president of the European College of Neuropsychopharmacology, winner of the John Maddox Prize, winner of the Transmission Prize and named in The Times 100 most important figures in british science has a vague idea what he's talking about.

Do these people?

Cannabis and mental health

Sick Boy

You could use the exact same argument for alcohol though. Also, it is very much a minority of people who end up with mental health problems.

You probably underestimate exactly how many people now smoke it, it's a lot more common than you seem to think.

The only person I've ever seen suffering from psychosis was alcohol induced.

Captain Dart

Legalising Cannabis is probably coming in the next decade. The Liberals already have it as policy.
Just do an experiment, walk past a dozen young people smoking in a park (or other relatively secluded location) bet you at least 1/4 of them are smoking pot not tabs.
It isn't feasible to police its use any more, better to legalise it and get some tax.

covcity4life

Legalising Cannabis is probably coming in the next decade. The Liberals already have it as policy.
Just do an experiment, walk past a dozen young people smoking in a park (or other relatively secluded location) bet you at least 1/4 of them are smoking pot not tabs.
It isn't feasible to police its use any more, better to legalise it and get some tax.

best to ban it and put users in jail

then in future generations these kids will be playing in the park and not smoking.

Users who are viewing this thread