Match Thread SISU Out (1 Viewer)

clint van damme

Here we go again with the blame game, its not their fault that our club is owned by fools that alienated all parties, good for them that they saw an opportunity and took it, I just wish they were anywhere else, but that doesn't mean they caused this situation.
The problem is not Wasps, you ask what their intentions are? its none of our business what their intentions are or what type of company they are. That's up to them and their supporters, not anything to do with fans of a third tier football club that is the tenant of theirs and maybe soon to be tenant of their training complex.

You want to try reading my post properly before replying. I've not blamed anyone. I've clearly stated the arguments have been done ad nauseum.

But the fact they are here is part of the problem, that's all I've said and it's irrefutable.

chiefdave

Not much thought was put into what we needed. Just a football ground would have done. It would have been cheaper. We could have afforded it. Loans wouldn't have been needed. It would have been self funded with the grants and money from Tescos.
At the point the council took over it would have been better all round if they told the club to exercise the buy back clause for HR. Seem to recall when MM suggested we wouldn't move and would instead buy back HR the council went into a panic and a certain company got a big contract at the Ricoh (allegedly!).

Bertola

If you genuinely went to protest, why not organise something so it had more effect that one guy holding up a crusty bedsheet with "Sisu Out" scrawled on it?

Just admit you went to watch the rugby, and you were wrong to abuse people who chose to go to Sixfields, even though you didnt agree with it

Astute

At the point the council took over it would have been better all round if they told the club to exercise the buy back clause for HR. Seem to recall when MM suggested we wouldn't move and would instead buy back HR the council went into a panic and a certain company got a big contract at the Ricoh (allegedly!).
When we sold HR the money was used to keep our club afloat. When we got 50% of ACL it was used as collateral for money already owed and the rest was used to pay outstanding money owed. We had been totally shafted. We were seriously in debt. And nobody in their right mind would lend us any more. On top of that we were losing about half a million a month.

So where would the money have come from to buy it back?

I never at any stage wanted us to sell or leave HR. I remember how many people thought that I was an idiot for my views. This shiny new stadium was going to sort all of our problems out.....

chiefdave

So where would the money have come from to buy it back?
Well McGinnity suggested buying it back so he must have had a vague idea where it was coming from. Maybe the council could have made one of their loans they give to local businesses who are in trouble :smuggrin:

Could have been a golden opportunity for a trust to take a stake. Sure at that point a lot of people would have contributed and maybe with the help of a handful of local businessmen it could have ended up with the fans owning HR and leasing it to CCFC on a peppercorn rent.

Astute

Well McGinnity suggested buying it back so he must have had a vague idea where it was coming from. Maybe the council could have made one of their loans they give to local businesses who are in trouble :smuggrin:

Could have been a golden opportunity for a trust to take a stake. Sure at that point a lot of people would have contributed and maybe with the help of a handful of local businessmen it could have ended up with the fans owning HR and leasing it to CCFC on a peppercorn rent.
And there is the problem. Could have and could be for moving back to HR that needed money spending on it. Or will have and will be said from CCC for a shiny new stadium.

The memorial park would have been better.

SkyBlueZack

The place is buzzing (excuse the pun) the complex seems busy at all times.
New hotels planned, land identified around stadium for development. On match days, car parks full, local businesses busy and Coventry is getting recognised at last.
As I said many times, we need to get in on it, but I suggest out of spite Sisu can't do it so need to move aside.

Have we seen plans for the hotels? The same land that has always been identified for development around the stadium? Come to think of it, apart from a kicking barn, whay have they actually developed themselves in this City? What have they done with their own money? What has Richardson done with the money he put in? So on match days, your car park is full, your local business is busy and therefore your happy. Oblivious or unbothered by the irony or hypocrisy you show.

italiahorse

Have we seen plans for the hotels? The same land that has always been identified for development around the stadium? Come to think of it, apart from a kicking barn, whay have they actually developed themselves in this City? What have they done with their own money? What has Richardson done with the money he put in? So on match days, your car park is full, your local business is busy and therefore your happy. Oblivious or unbothered by the irony or hypocrisy you show.
Its a lot better down there now than it was when we were in Northampton.
I have seen plans for hotels on car park C on the planning web sites over the years. Not sure why they never got developed but I would guess Sisu is the issue.

chiefdave

Five years ago ?
No that land was supposed to be developed from day one. The closest they came was a Premier Inn but they pulled out.

CCC were so confident of being able to get one built that they had a go at one of the groups interested in buying CCFC after they met with them and were told a hotel and Ricoh ownership were part of their plans for CCFC. The leader of the council at the time saying the Ricoh wouldn't be sold to assist someone else's property development.

Users who are viewing this thread