Match Thread Swansea U21 v Coventry Match Thread - Tuesday 24th Jan (2 Viewers)

Otis

Why?

Willis - First teamer. Turnbull - First teamer. Haynes or Stokes - First teamer.

Same as with Thomas, Stevenson/Bigi, Reid, Rose.

Should be quite a strong team out there except for the striker role.

better days

we are basically gonna be putting a u23 team out ourselves!

cant see us making final 4 right now :(

Maycock, Ponticelli and Sayoud all played for the U23 side yesterday so are unlikely to feature.
Although we will have several young players in the side tonight they will all have had a run of experience in men's football this season
My hunch is that Reid and Thomas may fill the forward positions
If Stevenson, Bigi and Harries play we should hopefully have a competitive side

ccfchoi87

RCC
DKE Willis Harries Haynes
Stevenson rose
Jones Lamerais Reid
Thomas

Burge
Stokes
Turnbull
Bigirimana
Gahdsev
Reilly
Dev KE

Seems okay to me

covcity4life

Why?

Willis - First teamer. Turnbull - First teamer. Haynes or Stokes - First teamer.

Same as with Thomas, Stevenson/Bigi, Reid, Rose.

Should be quite a strong team out there except for the striker role.

other than reid rose and stokes if he plays, they are all around 23 years old???

smileycov

Facebook User
we are basically gonna be putting a u23 team out ourselves!

cant see us making final 4 right now :(
Surely it isn't age that's a factor but experience? Yes we have a team of young men, but most have played competitive league football, we can win this. This is there U21's who don't get competitive games. I worry about goals, but we have been great in this cup so far. It's an official competition for sides in the lower 2 leagues with a Wembley final at stake. That is our level, nothing tin pot about it. We are where we are and I'm dam sure EVERY fan of every club in the competition wanted to get to Wembley.

covcity4life

ours have experience of losing first team games

theirs have experience of winning 10 u23 games in a row

gonna be tight imo

no_loyalty

Fuck it, lets play Burge in goal and RCC up front

Wheelfass

If psychology comes into play for this one with their 1st team winning at Anfield last time out and our result/performance on Saturday, well..........
But who knows eh?

Safe trip to all travelling.

Essexrobbie

If Swansea do beat us Id like to see them get to wembley, only for the reason that they would pull in the lowest support the competion has seen for a final and maybe force a rethink next season for an about turn with the inclusion of u21 sides.

Generally Midfield

If I'd been able to swap shifts around I would of gone but in the end it would have meant taking a whole day off and that's a bit hard to justify to the mrs. Hats off to those going and hope you get to see a ccfc win. but tbh will be very surprised if that's the case with Swansea seeming to be like everyone else and get a new manager bounce while ours lasted just 3 games.

Monners

A few from the London Supporters Club are going. Enjoy the beer and the game chaps, and see you on Saturday for a return to L1 misery

no_loyalty

but tbh will be very surprised if that's the case with Swansea seeming to be like everyone else and get a new manager bounce while ours lasted just 3 games.

Our new manager bounce is yet to happen with Slade, I assume you are referring to when Venus took over?

stevefloyd

I don't think we can underestimate what a win will do, both for the confidence of the fans and the players. We all need that glimmer of hope or excitement.

In terms of motivation, surly pride must kick in for the players, who wants the embarrassment of losing to, and being knocked out by, a bunch of youngsters still on youth contracts.

2-0 win, with the following team:

RCC (we might actually get distribution to our own players)
DKE Willis Turnbull Stokes/Haynes

Bigi Stevenson
Reid Ruben Jones

Thomas

Not a big fan of any of the front three, but it does mean pace. Let's get the defence turning and Jones/Reid/Thomas moving.
If thats the shit we have to turn out for a game we have no fuckin chance......

no_loyalty

Swansea kids will be fired up for sure, already talking like this is their cup final

no_loyalty

Will have to play Kwame Thomas and hope he doesn't get injured on the team bus, in the warmup or 33.5 seconds into the match

Last edited:

steve82

I take my hat off to you hardy buggers traveling to South Wales in midweek when times are hard. .
My prediction...
-----------------RCC------------------
Willis---Harries-----Turnbull -----Haynes
------------Rose ---Stevenson---------
----Jones -----Lameries----Reid--------
----------------Thomas -----------------

clint van damme

After Swansea's result the other day their new coach has had an impact and expect the same of his under 21's.
It end here folks.

so we're not allowed to say we're going down even though we're rooted to the bottom of the table but it's OK to predict certain defeat against an under 21 side?
You're a weirdo.

Users who are viewing this thread