The Ashes (1 Viewer)

J

Jack Griffin

A depressing 44 for 3. This one will be over before you know it.

Otis

A depressing 44 for 3. This one will be over before you know it.
It's almost as if the Aussies are playing on a different wicket, at a different ground, with a completely different type of ball, in completely different conditions!

Grendel

stupot07

70/7 of 30 overs..... And we managed to take just 10 wickets in the match....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Otis

You can't say as some are by an innings.
Yeah, fair point. Wasn't thinking of that in the equation.

This is totally embarrassing though and you do wonder how much damage this is going to do psychologically to the England team.

Otis

70/7 of 30 overs..... And we managed to take just 10 wickets in the match....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)
The wicket looked so docile and it was a real toil for England to take any wickets at all.

The pace and bounce the Aussies are getting is astounding in comparison.

Macca

Piss weak stuff again, toffs v toughs. No coming back from this, cancellation of Sky Sports earlier than I thought!

Otis

Piss weak stuff again, toffs v toughs. No coming back from this, cancellation of Sky Sports earlier than I thought!
Feel you may be right Macca.

This is a men against boys defeat and it's now going to take something extraordinary for England to regain the momentum.

We know now there will have to be changes, but wholesale ones? You would have to say not, but Lyth and Bell's places especially are under threat and we need to seriously look at our bowling attack too.

Ali could move up to opener and we try and strengthen the bowling attack that way, but suddenly, after the euphoria of Cardiff, it's all beginning to look a little desperate.

stupot07

Feel you may be right Macca.

This is a men against boys defeat and it's now going to take something extraordinary for England to regain the momentum.

We know now there will have to be changes, but wholesale ones? You would have to say not, but Lyth and Bell's places especially are under threat and we need to seriously look at our bowling attack too.

Ali could move up to opener and we try and strengthen the bowling attack that way, but suddenly, after the euphoria of Cardiff, it's all beginning to look a little desperate.

Now 101/9.

Big concerns about Lyth, Ballance and Bell. I'm not convinced by Ali as an opener, perhaps bring in Hales? I know roots got out cheaply twice in this match but he needs to move to 3. Who else is there to bring in? And actually it's easy to blame the batsmen, but we've took 10 wickets for over 800 runs, our bowlers are struggling.

Last edited:

Grendel

In two recent series England were hammered in Perth and Headingly but recovered to win the series.

It's been a horror show but it's one one.

Grendel

That really has got to be biggest waste of a tenner ever ..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Go and put a tenner on again - you'll get better odds now.

SkyBlue_Bear83

I'm not an expert on cricket but even I know this is a disgrace, we were always likely to lose but we haven't even put up a reasonable resistance. Australia could have made another 600 in there second innings had they wanted and then we come in and our players look like they've never picked a cricket bat up in there life.

Otis

3229af0578ba264db1cdf51ddeb4260a.jpg
[/IMG]

chiefdave

All over, what a shambles. Not one player scoring over 25 in the second innings on a perfect batting pitch.

What's the biggest margin of defeat ever?

According to the BBC its England's third-largest defeat in terms of runs against Australia.

Otis

All over, what a shambles. Not one player scoring over 25 in the second innings on a perfect batting pitch.

According to the BBC its England's third-largest defeat in terms of runs against Australia.
Didn't I just say that?

Otis

6161e4c0c023a655660eb3d43e1d9a84.jpg

Fair play to them if they did.

Otis

Lost by 405 runs.

Think I need to pinch myself and say that again. England lost by 405 runs.

Shocking!!!

Johnnythespider

I think when so little fight and heart is shown it's time to question the leadership, any "man" that can shoot an animal that is in a pen with no chance of escape shouldn't be captain of anything !!
8d0dafcee31cbd77b275e57ed8cd058b.jpg

Macca

Ok thanks for that now let's talk cricket again. We bottled it before the game started with pitch and it backfired. They win the toss and it showed that without the right pitch conditions our bowlers just aren't frightening enough. Once they posted a big score we had the double whammy of scoreboard pressure and Ozzie fear. That's fucked it because mentally they are totally in the box seats now whoever we bring in

Last edited:

skybluejelly

Go and put a tenner on again - you'll get better odds now.

Worse thing is I only went in the bookies to put a fiver each way on Jordan speith as it said he was 14-1 on odds checker when I got there that was online odds only and I did not want to take 8-1 ..a fool and his money ..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kdrinkell

Ok thanks for that now let's talk cricket again. We bottled it before the game started with pitch and it backfired. They win the toss and it showed that without the right pitch conditions our bowlers just aren't frightening enough. Once they posted a big score we had the double whammy of scoreboard pressure and Ozzie fear. That's fucked it because mentally they are totally in the box seats now whoever we bring in
The top order have been shocking for a while now are the old cronies blinkered of fkn what ?
So much for putting to bed the KP question,I think he should be begged to come back in as obviously we are struggling,it was just the Aussies poor form at Cardiff that made us look good .

Macca

The top order have been shocking for a while now are the old cronies blinkered of fkn what ?
So much for putting to bed the KP question,I think he should be begged to come back in as obviously we are struggling,it was just the Aussies poor form at Cardiff that made us look good .

We probably need 3 KP's to be honest

Grendel

The last thing we need is that c**t back

Grendel

Users who are viewing this thread