The Ashes (5 Viewers)

oakey

:thinking about:I have tickets for Saturday so hoping it lasts that long

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

Lyon gets wickets in the same way Giles did, good pace attack behind him
Oppo target him try and whack him out the attack will sometimes work will sometimes mean he picks up the easiest wickets you will ever see!

Otis

If England get a lead of 150 then I think this game is over. If the Aussies can bowl England out really cheaply, say a lead of 80-100 then they might just still be in the game.

Would expect a lead of 150 though by close of play today, if not more.

lifeskyblue

Certainly if England get a lead of 150+ they will put tremendous pressure on aussies

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Captain Dart

Damn & blast, this ain't no dream, normal service has been resumed
England 163 - for 5 wickets (37.4 overs)

Monners

Johnson is always likely to bounce a couple out. No need to panic - a 150 lead after 1st innings will put the pressure on the Aussies. They are cocky when they are on top, fragile when the pressure is on

Also, I think Bell should have little think to himself about playing for the team and not exposing the less experienced players this morning

Edit: Ditto Joe Root - without wishing to sound like Boycott: Brainless

Edit: Can't wait for the footie season to start!

Last edited:

Captain Dart

Start panicking - 182 - for 6 wickets (42.0 overs)

lifeskyblue

So unpredictable. This game finely balanced. Another 50 for England might just be good enough

Captain Dart

Creeping forward thanks to Moheen
221 - for 7 wickets (56.0 overs)
England are leading by 85 runs at lunch.

Last edited:

lifeskyblue

Yes you are right. Another 50-70 and I would have been happy. I hope we can take couple wickets before tea

chiefdave

Interesting post on the BBC feed. 38 overs to go today, couple of quick wickets and England might start thinking about a 2 day win.

lifeskyblue

Interesting post on the BBC feed. 38 overs to go today, couple of quick wickets and England might start thinking about a 2 day win.

Certainly possible but unlikely I think as I suspect we will need to bat again. But who knows as you say with a couple more quick wickets

Captain Dart

Am I dreaming again... Aussies 87 - for 4 wickets (20.0 overs)

crash & burn..

lifeskyblue

Crazy crazy game. First test England win easily....will the Aussies ever recover? 2nd test England mauled...will they ever recover? 3rd test Aussies on the ropes

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

Jimmy doesn't look in a good way any sort of strain he will deffo be out the next test, if him & Woof aren't fit Chris Rushworth should play but i bet they go for Plunkett.

Users who are viewing this thread