The Official JPT home leg tickets sales thread (1 Viewer)

pusbccfc

I bought one online... It said it was loaded onto my season ticket.
But as I ordered 4 more tickets online, I went to collect them.
She printed off 5, does that mean I'll have a ticket spare?

NuneatonSkyBlue

I bought one online... It said it was loaded onto my season ticket.
But as I ordered 4 more tickets online, I went to collect them.
She printed off 5, does that mean I'll have a ticket spare?

No take the paper ticket (Well take both just in case). I brought the Sheff Utd game from the shop and the woman serving me said she uploaded it onto my card but printed off a paper ticket so i knew where my seat was. But when i got to the game i had to use my paper ticket as my card wasn't valid for that game.

skybluelee

I can only think of two occassions where there have been many more than 22k City fans at a game at the ricoh - mboro and chelsea in the fac.

This game will definitely see that figure beaten.

kg82

There's a few more times than that. Can think of wba, wolves and blues for a start. That was lose, win, draw in that order!

skybluesam66

24998 - conservative estimate - that would mean sales of 500 per day, when we are currently at around 2000 per day. I think 28940

CovisGod

Just got mine online, sitting nowhere near where I normally sit,

Block 25 Row TT Seats 9&10

Right in the corner I reckon

superskyblue

When I was a kid I used to live in the North East and my old man used to get me out of school early to go watch midweek games.

Come on Torchy sort yourself out!

skybluelee

There's a few more times than that. Can think of wba, wolves and blues for a start. That was lose, win, draw in that order!

Nah, they all brought about 6k fans out of 27-28k attendances.

Only v chelsea when it sold out and v mboro when they only brought about 2k fans have we had much more than 22k city fans.

coundonskyblue

Nah, they all brought about 6k fans out of 27-28k attendances.

Only v chelsea when it sold out and v mboro when they only brought about 2k fans have we had much more than 22k city fans.

Colchester game. I remember there being about 500 colchester fans out of a crowd well over 23k

Grendel

skybluelee

Colchester game. I remember there being about 500 colchester fans out of a crowd well over 23k

Good shout. Crowd of 23400. I can't comment on Colchester numbers but if what you say is true there were still less than 23k city fans.

Reckon that would be the third highest city fans showing at the Ricoh.

Any others?

coundonskyblue

Good shout. Crowd of 23400. I can't comment on Colchester numbers but if what you say is true there were still less than 23k city fans.

Any others?

Perhaps some games in the first season?

I remember there being a decent crowd against Palace with not too many away fans, also Luton and Cardiff.

Noggin

Still selling at a rate of about 1500 a day. More will sell at the weekend as well.

yeah we could have a jump tomorrow due to season tickets being released, a jump on friday because of payday and a jump on saturday while people have more free time. I'm hopeful we will sell every ticket that they let us purchase.

pusbccfc

That night against Blackburn they said there was 22500 with about 500 Blackburn. But I'm pretty sure on behalf of everyone there that night, there was A LOT more than 22,000 Coventry.

coundonskyblue

That night against Blackburn they said there was 22500 with about 500 Blackburn. But I'm pretty sure on behalf of everyone there that night, there was A LOT more than 22,000 Coventry.

It was difficult to see where another 4000 would have fitted into the home areas. I only remember the bit infront of the police control box being empty.

GaryJones

16,500 and thats the official figure from the club at 5.30pm today

ccfc92

Excellent. So we are on course for 25k ish. Surely we can sell this one out? Or close to it?

Jonny

Guess I'm gonna have to get off my arse and go and get my ticket tomorrow then! Not taking any chances..

theferret

Any others?

You're assuming that on all of those occasions that we've had 26K, 27K, 28K there have been 6k away fans - but that isn't the case - on some of those occasions the away following has been a lot less than that.

For the record, all of the 23K+ attendances at the Ricoh (quite a few more 22K+ but list too long):

31,407 Chelsea 2009
28,184 Leeds 2010
28,163 WBA 2008
28,120 Middlesbrough 2006
27,992 Wolves 2008
27,212 Birmingham 2006
26,851 Wolves 2006
26,672 Leicester 2006
26,640 Leeds 2006
26,343 WBA 2007
24,438 Crystal Palace 2005
23,968 West Ham 2007
23,506 Sheff Utd 2006
23,431 Colchester 2007
23,129 Leicester 2008
23,000 QPR 2005

theferret

Although not 100% about the leicester game in fairness.

Leeds game in 2006 there were less than 5k, Wolves in 2008 there was almost exactly 5k of them. That Leicester game was a bank holiday and there were just under 5k of them iirc.

So yes, big followings, but 6K has only been surpassed by Leeds, Albion and West Ham last season which is not even on the list.

I think it is fair to say though that Crewe will be the biggest ever turn out of city fans at the Ricoh, as I hear today they have clearance to open up half of the away end to home supporters.

ccfchandsy

I just got my tickets today the only place in Tesco stand coming from block 4 with two seats together was in block 24 not been like that for ages

Plymouth Sky Blue

My six year old isntgoing, though he wants to, not on a school night. I said he would go to the final if we got there. Amazing really, i was 21 when I went to Wembley to see City and he might achieve that at six!

I'm bringing my 7 yr old son to his first City game from plymouth, that'll be Tuesday and Wednesday "cough cough" sick from school then!!!!

theferret

For those waiting for the ST period to end, there are now a load more of the better seats available. Surprised how many ST holders haven't reserved their seats for this, they can't have all moved.

Users who are viewing this thread