Things that annoy you (34 Viewers)

Ian1779

This shit. It’s really not fucking hard to spell people’s names right. It’s just fucking laziness and you won’t change my mind. These are people you spend a significant portion of your life thinking about, you can learn the spelling and capitalisation of their fucking names.

View attachment 32246
There is nothing more that irritates me at school is people putting up PowerPoints or assemblies with kids names incorrectly spelt.
Just make some fucking effort to get it right for them at least.

Brighton Sky Blue

This shit. It’s really not fucking hard to spell people’s names right. It’s just fucking laziness and you won’t change my mind. These are people you spend a significant portion of your life thinking about, you can learn the spelling and capitalisation of their fucking names.

View attachment 32246
Feel similarly about people who see a long word and pronounce it in a way that makes no phonetic sense. For example calling ‘hydrochloric acid’ ‘hydraulic acid’

shmmeee

There is nothing more that irritates me at school is people putting up PowerPoints or assemblies with kids names incorrectly spelt.
Just make some fucking effort to get it right for them at least.

There’s a guy in my team named Achilleas. Pronounced like Achilles, everyone says his name. The delivery lead still says his name with a “ch” sound like chew. Lad is too nice to say anything but I cringe every time.

shmmeee

Feel similarly about people who see a long word and pronounce it in a way that makes no phonetic sense. For example calling ‘hydrochloric acid’ ‘hydraulic acid’

Inknew a guy who admitted to only reading the first couple of letters of words and “guessing from there”. See also first few words of paragraphs.

I used to think about him every time i spent hours making detailed learning resources.

Nick

Administrator
There's a tyre place in Holbrooks / Radford on the roundabout where dunlop used to be.

The huge sign says "Wheel Alignement".

No idea if anybody there has noticed.

OffenhamSkyBlue

There’s a guy in my team named Achilleas. Pronounced like Achilles, everyone says his name. The delivery lead still says his name with a “ch” sound like chew. Lad is too nice to say anything but I cringe every time.
I think that consistently calling someone by the wrong name is plain fucking insulting. Try getting his (or her, or their) preferred pronoun wrong and see how long it is before you end up in front of HR for harassment!

Speaking as someone whose surname is often used as a forename but people are too fucking lazy to read my email signature, and call me by my surname on a daily basis.

napolimp

I think that consistently calling someone by the wrong name is plain fucking insulting. Try getting his (or her, or their) preferred pronoun wrong and see how long it is before you end up in front of HR for harassment!

Speaking as someone whose surname is often used as a forename but people are too fucking lazy to read my email signature, and call me by my surname on a daily basis.

RedSalmon

A few months ago my bank contacted me and asked if I wanted to go 'paperless' and receive my statements on line. After much consideration I informed them that the system we have been using for the last forty years was pretty good and I would like them to continue sending me a monthly statement on paper, by post. Today I get a letter telling me that they are going paperless and my statements will now be sent to me on line, wether I like it or not.
Forty years and I have never once been overdrawn or owed them money, feel like fucking off somewhere else but the probability is they are all, or will be, doing the same.

Thought I would get out of the house so went down to Boots in Central Six, wandered round, got a basket full of items, went to the cashiers only to find it is all self service!!!! Fucking hate that!!!
Went over to where they sell the perfume and got the girl to put it through the till.

Nick

Administrator
A few months ago my bank contacted me and asked if I wanted to go 'paperless' and receive my statements on line. After much consideration I informed them that the system we have been using for the last forty years was pretty good and I would like them to continue sending me a monthly statement on paper, by post. Today I get a letter telling me that they are going paperless and my statements will now be sent to me on line, wether I like it or not.
Forty years and I have never once been overdrawn or owed them money, feel like fucking off somewhere else but the probability is they are all, or will be, doing the same.

What's the issue with paperless billing?

Terry_dactyl

I’ve got kind of an unusual, albeit not unheard of, first name. I’m so used to people getting it wrong most of the time I just don’t bother correcting them.
Having said that, I feel like a right twat if I can’t get someone’s name right.

jimmyhillsfanclub

I cant get virgin to stop sending me monthly paper statements....and they charge me for the privilege every month too....

It's been going on for ages..:ROFLMAO:. must be loads of businesses making millions out of this kind of recurring nominal nuisance charging, knowing full well most people cant be arsed to waste their time in a phone queue or on a chatbot trying to clear security etc. Just in order to save £1.75 per month....

dutchman

My fourteen week old son needs two forms of id for us to open a bank account with a certain place. He doesn't have much, and especially not the utility bill in his name or driving license that they suggest!!
Indeed, the same bank which refuses to send me a printed statement insisted I show them at least two others when I reported a change of address!

Alkhen

Mine went up 60%. When I queried it was told it was because I reached 70. Couldn’t get it cheaper anywhere else either.
Got a pet insurance quote for a rescue cat, would go up 40% when they reach 8. Mate who is a veterinary nurse just said shave a few years of the age save a few quid

Alkhen

academy awards oscars GIF

ajsccfc

We had similar and pointed out their estimated payment was double what reality was going to be so eventually they set it per my request under protest, hate these idiot companies

Brighton Sky Blue

Had similar with Eon. When we moved in told them and they took that as us wanting to keep them as supplier, so therefore blocked any attempt to change them!
It feels like they just use a random number generator to decide what you ‘owe’. It’s just two of us in the house and we aren’t in most of the time, so how can we be using £2,500 of utilities a year?

Users who are viewing this thread