Trust, Young Fans Good idea (1 Viewer)

dongonzalos

One of the concerns many City fans have over our exile in Northampton is the effect it is having on the young supporters of the club. By not being able to watch their team play in Coventry their interest may well ebb away and we will lose a generation of supporters for ever. In an attempt to reignite their passion the Sky Blue Trust are running an initiative for the away match at Peterborough on Saturday 12th April. In co-operation with Peterborough the Trust has put together a very special offer - every under 16 who takes up this initiative gets a free ticket to the match and free coach travel, they must be accompanied by a full paying responsible adult. Cost for the adult will be £35 which includes their ticket (£25) and coach travel. The Trust will cover the cost of the youngsters ticket and coach and each adult can bring up to three U16’s with them. Places are limited and we have to give Peterborough numbers by the end of this week so please e-mail your interest to [email protected] by mid-day Friday 28th March or if you have any questions please use that e-mail address as well. We will come back to you about booking, payment and travel details.

skybluetony176

Well done the Trust.

I guess this answers their critics who were questioning where the funds go on other threads earlier today.

Grendel

They should be encouraging parents with young fans to attend Sixfields.

Astute

No they shouldn't. Most parents teach their kids right from wrong. Taking them there would be contradictory.

skybluetony176

You should be encouraging sisu to return the club home so they don't have to. But you wouldn't be interested in that. You'd rather bitch about the Trust, Andy Thorn and ACL/CCC.

James Smith

I was made aware today via a link on another thread that by distance I should have grown up supporting Leamington or Warwick as they're closer than Highfield Road was. I started supporting our club because I was taken to matches by my dad and he was keen that I follow in his footsteps and support his team. I didn't start supporting because our club was a First division (let alone premier league) club I did so out of loyalty to my family and enjoyed the highs and despised the lows. There'll be people who are the same, some who just supported because it was their local team and there will be those who went because we were a top team and their children are Sky Blues fans because of this. What made me jump slightly today was the number of teams that are around the southern Midlands and how many that are close to us in terms of both distance and now sadly positions below us (admittedly a lot of them in lower leagues). If the youth of today aren't going to matches then they are unlikely to feel connected with our club in the same way that I did all those years ago. They're more likely to look around for their local team and realise that Leamington or Warwick or whoever are closer or that Man City/United or Chelsea etc. are amazing to watch on the TV and support them instead.

The fact that we're not playing in Coventry is therefore major concern and something that needs to be sorted sooner rather than later. We're in danger of losing the JSB supporters of the future because we're playing in Northampton and they can't watch us because dad won't take them. We need to be back in Coventry and as this is unlikely to be at the Ricoh thanks to the legals that are pending against the council and the Higgs you have to wonder what the plan is for this. Mr Labovitch comes on the radio recently and is asked a fairly simple question "What happens if we don't get planning permission for the new stadium?" and he doesn't answer the question. I'm very concerned that either they don't have a back up plan to return us to Coventry if that happens or are betting it all on the Judicial Review getting them enough financial or otherwise leverage to get control of the Ricoh. As whichever side in the JR loses is likely to appeal the decision this means that we could be playing in Northampton for many years to come. I'd be happy if we were playing at the rugby club or even if it came to it Stoke Green if something could be done to make them compatible with league standards and we

Whatever happens with the courts it probably won't speed our return to Coventry anytime soon and that's the real danger here, there either won't be much of a club left in terms of support or we will have dropped another division before we finally do return either to the new stadium if you believe one will be built or to the Ricoh if Sisu ever get hold of it.

As a friend of mine who supports Chelsea said to me recently (and I'm still his friend :facepalm:) if you do ever go back to the Ricoh you'll have the best ground in League 2 of any of them - that's fecking tragic as there is a distinct possibility he might be right.

What the trust are doing is a good idea as without the youth of today who will be left to support our club when we're pushing up daisies?

Last edited:

torchomatic

No they shouldn't. Most parents teach their kids right from wrong. Taking them there would be contradictory.

Fucking rubbish.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Grendel

Don't be stupid. Why is it "wrong".

Grendel

You use to have an answer for that. Can we here it again please. Just for comedy effect.
Ah you actually can't even think of a reason why its wrong. Fair enough.

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

To my knowledge it is not trust policy so no.

Oh dear oh dear took you a long time to find any excuse to have a go at the trust. Just like it took you till a few weeks ago to find an excuse to change your mind about going to Sixfields. Still its only what I expect of someone like you who seems to enjoy trying to split the fans the only question is why but then again we will never the reason will we?

ccfc92

A return to the Ricoh?????

Ding, ding, ding, ding, ding, ding.....

We have a winner :D

In a serious note tho, my little cousin is 3, and I'm the only one in his side of the family into CCFC, it would be great to bring him to the Ricoh for his first game.

Whenever he sees a Cov top, he says "Sky Blue Army" and it's upsetting that he lives a 10 minute walk from the Ricoh and could never see them :(

James Smith

A return to Coventry would probably do it doesn't have to be the Ricoh.

Astute

Fucking rubbish.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Does your dad go with you to Northampton? Just like he did to the Ricoh. Father and son together.

No. He knows it is wrong.

ccfc92

What a fab idea - will strongly consider taking my 7 year old who has missed his football this season

can i offer one piece of advice? take him to CCFC games as much as you can, especially the games you expect to lose :D (this is in general, fully understand the sixfields boycott if you don't go, I don't either) but i'm just saying as I moved away when i was 7 from cov, I missed so much of CCFC :(

Sky Blue Pete

He had a season ticket the last 2 seasons and still follows City but difficult when you don't get to see them. Sad as we went up with my father in law and it was good bonding time. Bastards have no idea what stories are out there that the've screwed up with their hedge fund nonsense crap

Grendel

Does your dad go with you to Northampton? Just like he did to the Ricoh. Father and son together.

No. He knows it is wrong.

I repeat why is it wrong? If a young child wanted to go what reason would you give to say no?

Sky Blue Pete

My lad is 7 and we no longer go to the football because the owners are choosing to play outside of Coventry. Not hard to understand that the club is in limbo and verging towards not existing. I want my lad to have a club to follow for as long as my father in law has and I, like 80-90% of the rest of our supporters have decided that the best way to show our displeasure at the decision is not to go to home games outside of Coventry. I don't think our action is not unnoticed

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread