What are you currently listening to? (4 Viewers)

Philosorapter

Song was banned almost everywhere!

Very rare track from 1967- beautiful song

RegTheDonk

I must be a bit odd, I'm not really into music. I tend to listen to audio books in the car, or stuff downloaded off R4extra.

Unsurprisingly..I dont dance either.

torchomatic

The Prisoner TV soundtrack.

Sent from my P9000 using Tapatalk

wingy

I must be a bit odd, I'm not really into music. I tend to listen to audio books in the car, or stuff downloaded off R4extra.

Unsurprisingly..I dont dance either.
Seems you may prefer the more sedate life more than most Reg, yet as an art I doubt there's anything that affects the human soul as strongly.
It's in your phsyque somewhere.

RegTheDonk

Seems you may prefer the more sedate life more than most Reg, yet as an art I doubt there's anything that affects the human soul as strongly.
It's in your phsyque somewhere.
Yes I get that mate - there are a few songs that pull at my heartstrings and undoubedly music is a big influence on many people. I guess I was a bit of a loner growing up and more interested in books.
Will be interesting how these up coming artists will actually make any money soon, unless it's through gigging. I don't know anybody these days who actually pays for music, you can always download it from somewhere.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Kodaline - Coming Up For Air
When that's finished, I'm gonna listen to Kodaline - In A Perfect World

olderskyblue

On the road today, switched to bat out of hell.. Still good listening.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Currently listening to Queen LIVE ON STAGE from my front room (windows open!) at the Isle of Wight Festival. They're highlighting tonight with Adam Lambert as front man. :D ♪♪ ♪♪♫♪♫

eastwoodsdustman

Went to the reocrd fair at Fargo today and picked up a few 12 inch singles. Buffalo Tom, Pavement and New order. Just been working through them.[

dancers lance

Played this album Friday

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk
giphy.gif

torchomatic

John Foxx

Sent from my P9000 using Tapatalk

Bernie Rhodes Nose

ALL ON VInyl
Mayer Hawthorne - The Walk (Single)
Gregory Porters - Take me to the alley (album)
Monk Hughes & the Outer Realm - Tribute to brother Weldom (album)
Corrine Bailey Rae - The heart speaks in whispers (album)
Victoria Wood - Victoria Wood Live - It would never have work (album)

Pipehitterz

Slowly Working through nick caves back catalogue after hearin the song 'into my arms' on a film i was watching

been a bit ignorant towards him over the years, i fell in love with 'henrys dream' as that was the first album of his i'd heard, but hated the next album after that
loving finding new old music

torchomatic

Have you heard the collaboration with Numan?

Yes. I like the Foxx bits!

1979 through to 1980 (obviously still am) I was into Ultravox! (with the !), Human League (pre-Dare) and John Foxx after he went solo. For some reason I was never taken with Tubeway A or Numan and was always a little pissed off as I thought he pinched the League's thunder a little. Also thought that JF was much better. Still, the record buying public disagreed with me.

I've not bought a Numan record in my 50 years and probably won't. Saying that I did go and see him at the Assembly in Leamington a couple of years back and did enjoy listening to Cars, Complex, Are Friends and the like. I just think he's got an annoying voice.

As for Foxxy, he releases more and more and it is always superb. The stuff with The Maths is great as is the Belbury Circle album "Empty Avenues".

The Numan collab will grow on me, I'm sure. I think it's on Spotify now too.

Last edited:

torchomatic

So, my track of the day is:

dancers lance

So, my track of the day is:

This reminds me of something I can't put my finger on? It's very late 70's early 80's analogue synth. White Town - Your Woman from the 90's is very close.

Pipehitterz

I love Elbow, so am very much looking forwards to giving this a listen. I understand it is quite a departure.
Very much so. There's some elbow moments in there but some up tempo stuff really hits the spot.
I hear he's already working on a Second solo album,heard a new song of his and it's brilliant

Otis

Very much so. There's some elbow moments in there but some up tempo stuff really hits the spot.
I hear he's already working on a Second solo album,heard a new song of his and it's brilliant
Where did you catch that ?

He has got such a fantastic voice and do have to say Elbow's music at times doesn't give him chance to air it fully.

Pipehitterz

Where did you catch that ?

He has got such a fantastic voice and do have to say Elbow's music at times doesn't give him chance to air it fully.
Totally just lied
His album is getting re release with his new single on it and possibly a few more tracks.
Sorry , should research my own blah blah blah

Open the door is his new track, youtube , 6 music have it on heavy rotation

Users who are viewing this thread