What are you currently listening to? (16 Viewers)

Otis

Excellent! Cheers for that. I love his voice so much. Got to be one of the very best around at the moment.

torchomatic

Pete Shelley - Homosapien

Sent from my P9000 using Tapatalk

Captain Dart

This tune has been doing my head in for weeks. I guessed it was The Shadows but couldn't for the life of me remember the title:

I flipped through Peter & Gordon doing (Lennon/McCartney) 'A world without love' on BBC2 last week, it keeps popping back in my head.

Those earworm triggers planted in your childhood are buried really deep.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Paolo Nutini - "Caustic Love" album. Contains the amazing track "Iron Cloud". I'd call it 'soulful blues' genre. Well worth a listen!

Houchens Head

One of the tracks of my years on Ken Bruce yesterday

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk
Yeah, I heard it, Johnny. I like Mr Bruce because he will play some great album tracks in his show, whether one of the Tracks of my Years or whatever. He played a King Crimson track a few weeks ago as well. Stuff that you wouldn't get to hear unless you own the album (which I do!) ;)

Houchens Head

I have a collection of around 6,000 singles. As I can't always be arsed to scroll through and decide who and what I want to listen to, I just select "shuffle" and then listen to what comes up. So far I heard stuff by The Who, Avicii, Billy Myers, T Rex, Black Eyed Peas, Queen, Murray Head, James Bay, Fleetwood Mac and Annie Lennox. Just makes things more interesting!

mrtrench

On University Challenge last night they played a Sex Pistols song as the starter and they had to name the band - not so difficult. They then played 3 songs by bands that were inspired by that famous Manchester gig: Buzzcocks, The Fall and Joy Division. I was amazed that the team got all of them - they must be in their early 20s at oldest.

lifeskyblue

On University Challenge last night they played a Sex Pistols song as the starter and they had to name the band - not so difficult. They then played 3 songs by bands that were inspired by that famous Manchester gig: Buzzcocks, The Fall and Joy Division. I was amazed that the team got all of them - they must be in their early 20s at oldest.

Yes they did well. I must admit I had forgotten the Fall song. I was surprised they knew that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

torchomatic

Pete Shelley - Cinema Music and Wallpaper Sounds.

Odd little piece from December '76. More accessible and listenable than Sky Yen.

Gazolba

The Jags:

dutchman

I've been listening to my new subwoofer.

The missus however says it's "too big" for our living room and is insisting I take it back.

Typical female! :(

8090427_f520.jpg

Malaka

Yeah definitely. Early stuff is Metal, later stuff (after the guitarist died) goes into more rock opera/Queen-ish influences.

Originally I got into the latter, but must be really bad tempered atm as I'm liking the early demonic shrieking stuff more and more!
Then Mr Wisdom please click this
Awesome!!!!

Bumberclart

First saw these guys supporting The Wonder Stuff earlier this year. They are superb live, and Tom the singer is a great mix of front man and stand up comedian.
Just been signed by Warner Bros, so hopefully big things ahead for them. To celebrate the signing they held a free gig and told people to bring their own beer.

W

westcountry_skyblue

Oxygene-JMJ,Great chill out music with a can of Somerset cider on a Saturday eve!!

wingy

Just got in from a weekend working in Manchester and stuck on a Sunday Staple
A Simon and Garfunkle live double album.
Like last night's poster just popped a lovely Cold Cider
Now for a little further nostalgia from the Eighties and a compilation from Icicle works

Gazolba

What are you currently listening to?

- The birds singing outside, my air-conditioner humming, and of course this keyboard clicking.

Users who are viewing this thread