What are you currently listening to? (11 Viewers)

mrtrench

Bowie's new album 'Black Star' is excellent.

lifeskyblue

Went to see Karnataka last weekend...start of their 2016 tour. Quality prog rock.
Secrets of angels album is superb.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chiefdave

Really hope they make it over here before it all falls apart again.

[video=youtube_share;caS3pYnIBBo]https://youtu.be/caS3pYnIBBo[/video]

Sky_Blue_Daz

Cass Elliott and Dave mason,sit and wonder.

mrtrench

I'm watching "Thicker than Water", there is some incidental music they play - just five or six slow notes and bongos - have tried to Shazam but it isn't released as music. Shame. It's like a cross of Pat Methany and Brian Eno.

NorthernWisdom

What are they thinking. Just retire.

One by one we're losing the great bands. Aerosmith doing a farewell tour next year. Pretty much only Maiden and Metallica left.

[video=youtube;aIQTWVsUzlE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aIQTWVsUzlE[/video]

I suspect (hope!) it's contractual... but that doesn't help me!

FFS, the moral of the story is don't wait to see bands you like. My one and only time seeing AC/DC will be with them fronted by Axl Rose!

Well, assuming they make it that far...

NorthernWisdom

Sabbath are still staggering around of course, although arguably they shouldn't. Think I saw their last ever gig three times until I gave up!

That said, even though it was a bit of a tribute album to themselves, loved this song off 13.

[video=youtube;uMa2ga8gqEw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uMa2ga8gqEw[/video]

Priest are still going too, albeit without KK Downing.

Grendel

Sabbath are definitely calling it a day this year.

Doing Donnington (surprised maiden are on the same bill but different day given the angst) and want a last gig in Birmingham. They were good when I saw them a couple of years ago to be fair.

Ac dc and axle rose are a stupid collaboration.

chiefdave

Ac dc and axle rose are a stupid collaboration.

Their management and PR need to get their act together. After 36 years Brian Johnson deserves more than this

AC/DC band members would like to thank Brian Johnson for his contributions and dedication to the band throughout the years. We wish him all the best with his hearing issues and future ventures.

Angus is 61 and conservative estimates put him at $100m in the bank. Its not like they're broke, why not just retire? Can see these dates being a disaster, social media is flooded with people demanding refunds.

wingy

New young Icelandin band , now out of Austin Texas and getting big over there.
KALEO "Way down we go".
If you like your blues check it out.
Brilliant vocal from lead singer, much in the style of Hozier, reminds me of someone else too but can't drag it from my befuddled head.

torchomatic

Wichita Lineman - Glen Campbell
One of my fave ever songs. Jimmy Webb wrote Campbell's greatest tracks . Wichita, Galveston, By the Time I Get to Phoenix, etc.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

torchomatic

I've been listening to lots of 60s stuff The Left Banke, Love and The Action

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Sky_Blue_Daz

New young Icelandin band , now out of Austin Texas and getting big over there.
KALEO "Way down we go".
If you like your blues check it out.
Brilliant vocal from lead singer, much in the style of Hozier, reminds me of someone else too but can't drag it from my befuddled head.

Just had a listen to that tune, you can definitely hear the Hozier influence

Users who are viewing this thread