What has "Selfishness" got to do with anything? (1 Viewer)

covmark

but you are because you are trying to make out like i have changed my views. i have said since get go no one should go to sixfields. in first few months i kinda understood but it my opinion on it all only strengthens with every day. i havent been all season, for you to say its a 2 week opinion is a calculated lie.
A calculated lie??? Are you mad? I can't be arsed to go through your post history, but I can bet my bottom dollar that the majority are anti council. The last couple of weeks though are majority anti SISU and statements about a blanket boycott of sixfields. You can't honestly tell me you haven't had a change of heart. There is obviously nothing wrong with that, I was just wondering why.

covcity4life

A calculated lie??? Are you mad? I can't be arsed to go through your post history, but I can bet my bottom dollar that the majority are anti council. The last couple of weeks though are majority anti SISU and statements about a blanket boycott of sixfields. You can't honestly tell me you haven't had a change of heart. There is obviously nothing wrong with that, I was just wondering why.

its all sides with you...anti council, anti sisu

i have been branded a sisu lover/anti council but its not what i am, I HATE the part both have played, i voiced more about council because so many blindly love them, but i have never supported sisu and their actions.

i have an opinion sixfielders goers that you dont like, thus you have decided i cannot be the same covcity4life anymore and i must have changed 'sides'. aint happened mate, pro ccfc and nothing else.

Grendel

Nice to see the thread de-railed by the usual bilge from spion kop. What an odd person he is thinking its wrong to attend a football match.
His claim to know four families in Northampton, all of whom have been offered free tickets, is very convenient I have to say.
Travelling 35 miles each way makes the match an away game so really it's the average away crowd we should analyse to see the true stay always.
Those that choose to go week In week out should be praised not vilified as they keep a continued identity to the club at these games.
Spion kop is divisive. He is like a tub thumping bible basher who will see you burn in hell if you do not follow "his" way. I am glad I chose a different path to the nasty, fan hating zeolot that laughingly calls himself Spion Kop - a place where true fans watched the team for many years.

Moff

I know four families in Northampton, they've had the opportunity to get free tickets for Sixfields.

Im not disagreeing with your facts, but in the interest of fair debate, I know quite a few people in Northampton (more than four families but less than ten if anyone wants to raise the figure and knows more) and none of them have ever been offered a free ticket.

Grendel

Im not disagreeing with your facts, but in the interest of fair debate, I know quite a few people in Northampton (more than four families but less than ten if anyone wants to raise the figure and knows more) and none of them have ever been offered a free ticket.

I also as have previously stated worked in Northampton and oddly none of the 25 people or their families have been offered tickets.

A statistical anomaly or spion kop bulkshit? Let the audience decide.

Monners

I have lived in Northampton for 29 years, and in all that time have never known anyone to be offered free tickets to watch us. Admitedly, I don't know every family in the town so can only go on personal experience - nobody talks about us (unless I get asked by friends about the latest).

italiahorse

Seems it's quite common for a few to call the equally few that go to games at Sixfields "selfish" - they are putting their enjoyment (if it can be said without a thought that it's more like penance as it often is watching The City anywhere) before a greater more deserving communal imperative to have a universal boycott of these games.

Just as people say "support the team and club but not the owners" couldn't you equally say that support of the club doesn't mean you have to be in support of "fellow" fans? Attending games might be a communal experience and yes, it's nice sometimes to "sing together" but equally I choose to opt out of the misogynistic pro - rape stuff, the odd racist undercurrent, and other obscene abuse to players, officials, other fans, owners etc.

Is that selfish of me too?

Maybe we should all just agree that whether we go or don't go, we just make it a personal decision what to do and don't presume any rights to decide or pronounce on other people's choices. For those that feel they don't have a choice because of travel etc I do think more could be done to help them with better travel arrangements, but otherwise let's all decide for ourselves without banging on about others.

Could agree with that if not for the fact that CCFC is only in Northampton because SISU need them to be somewhere else to have any chance of getting the Ricoh.
Support the team yes but I hope you understand it's supporting their plan as well.
You have to way up one against the other and make your own decision but unfortunately you can't do one without the other. Good luck.

Nick

Administrator
Oh I certainly get it, you don't like what I say, so you get abusive.
You and Nick (another one who resorts to expletive driven language when others don't agree with what you say) simply don't like what you hear. Certainly my comments are addressed to the mass of Sixfield attendees, all of them. You know that, Nick knows that. But you make it personal, twist it. Bringing your son in. On a regular basis.
The people who attend Sixfields are wrong in so many ways. That's my view, I think it is shared by thousands of others. That view is not abuse by any stretch of the imagination.
That's me, I'm done on this one with you. Onwards and upwards.

Where have I resorted to expletive driven language when somebody disagrees with me?

I'm not sure you are reading and understanding what other people are saying.

People are more than entitled to their views, as you are, as Torch is, as I am.

Surely you make it personal with your copy and paste type sermons towards people? I know people who won't go to Sixfields, they don't feel the need to have a go at people who do and people who do don't have a go at them. It only gets divisive if people make it.

skybluetom

It always make me laugh this whole we're divided stuff, we should be together in all this and so on.

We're divided because as humans we're blessed with our own minds, therefore we all have different views as to what we personally need to do and what's right.

covcity4life

exactly. its why racism and sexism and wars exist. some people are dumb but still want to push ahead with their views no matter wrong they are :)

not me btw, i am on the right side ;)

play_in_skyblue_stripes

What are you on about, you're fast becoming the most ridiculous poster on here. If you think a football team relocating temporarily is equal to you're wife cheating on you with you're best mate, you're obviously a sandwich short of a picnic. One other thing, why the sudden change of tack? You were once the most rabid of anti council posters. What's changed in the last couple of weeks?

I think maybe the JUDGE findings are what changed covcity4life.

The JR was about highlighting the truth wasnt it SISU?

Well the Judge has made it clear what he things the truth is.

covcity4life

I think maybe the JUDGE findings are what changed covcity4life.

The JR was about highlighting the truth wasnt it SISU?

Well the Judge has made it clear what he things the truth is.

nothing has changed me lol

i still think council played huge part in our troubles,i still hate PKWH and other cronies who love to make things petty and set us backwards

but i also will never kiss sisu's ass when they are talking about appeals and no chance of coming back etc

Spionkop

Nick, you know full well you are abusive and full of gutter language when you find people disagree with you, on a regular basis. To others and certainly to me a number of times.
I'm wondering where I copy and paste my 'sermons' from?
Once again you 'smear' people you disagree with. Have a go at people? I'm expressing my view that I think going into Sixfields is very wrong. I've done it consistently for the past year. At no point have I 'abused' anyone. It is a sincerely held view. It is damaging the long term interests of the club. That's my view. I don't call anyone a 'tosser' or a 'twat' or any of the other insults you and Torchy dish out on a regular basis to many of us on here.
My view is aimed at the group of fans going into Sixfields, as a mass. I've not singled any one fan out in all this year. Not even Torchy's son. Heaven forbid.
Sure, people are entitled to their views, I'm one of them.
I do it in a civilised manner.
What do you want? It's ok everybody, you go to Sixfields, everythings fine? Not in my book it isn't. You and a few others can express your views. I'll express mine, as ever in a decent way. Or is democracy just one sided?

NorthernWisdom

Nick, you know full well you are abusive and full of gutter language when you find people disagree with you, on a regular basis. To others and certainly to me a number of times.
Once again you 'smear' people you disagree with. Have a go at people? I'm expressing my view that I think going into Sixfields is very wrong. I've done it consistently for the past year. At no point have I 'abused' anyone. It is a sincerely held view. It is damaging the long term interests of the club. That's my view. I don't call anyone a 'tosser' or a 'twat' or any of the other insults you and Torchy dish out on a regular basis to many of us on here.
My view is aimed at the group of fans going into Sixfields, as a mass. I've not singled any one fan out in all this year. Not even Torchy's son. Heaven forbid.
What do you want? It's ok everybody, you go to Sixfields, everythings fine? Not in my book it isn't. You and a few others can express your views. I'll express mine, as ever in a decent way. Or is democracy just one sided?

You don't experess it in a civilised manner at all.

Nick

Administrator

Can you post where I have used gutter language because somebody disagreed with me please? Can you also post where i have used a swear word towards you?

It looks very much like you are doing smearing until you post up the facts.

Just because you don't swear, it doesn't mean you don't insult people. It isn't hard to grasp, not just you, but in general.

You haven't singled a fan out, yet you are making up things about me?

Spionkop

Well, let's see Nick, it could be the one about me being a good excuse for contraception. You remember that lovely one a month or two back? Just for starters. Just because I had the cheek to say - Going to Sixfields is Wrong.
So expressing an opinion ranks as 'abuse' on Sky Blue Talk. Right. I see.
Nick, you know very well you have come out with foul and certainly abusive language to me a number of times. And you do it to others.
NW, sadly you fall into the same bracket as Nick and Torchy. You are fine until people disagree with you, then the insults start.
Nick, if I didn't know better, I'd think you were trying to smother any anti Sixfield talk. But you wouldn't do that, would you?

NorthernWisdom

Well, let's see Nick, it could be the one about me being a good excuse for contraception. You remember that lovely one a month or two back? Just for starters. Just because I had the cheek to say - Going to Sixfields is Wrong.
Nick, you know very well you have come out with foul and certainly abusive language to me a number of times. And you do it to others.
NW, sadly you fall into the same bracket as Nick and Torchy. You are fine until people disagree with you, then the insults start.
Nick, if I didn't know better, I'd think you were trying to smother any anti Sixfield talk. But you wouldn't do that, would you?

Nope, what you miss is if people call you a c**t it's because to them, what you say is as offensive as calling you a c**t. (note, I am not calling you a c**t here, merely using it to exemplify the point which you will undoubtedly miss with your camp faux outrage)

But you refuse to accept you cause offence and so keep going with your badly thought out diatribes. You then refuse to accept anybody arguing with you in a rational way.

There are many on here who can have a different view, but treat others with respect. You show no respect to others and instad indulge in rank hypocrisy, oblivious (or maybe willed?) to the fact that it is *you* who causes more division than many, *you* who threaten to derail opportunities to get as many as possible to turn out for things, *you* who put people off helping.

Because you manage rank offence, and hide behind it by saying it's just your opinion, before affording mock outrage when pulled up on it. At least Grendel takes the brickbats back in return.

Grendel

Nothing gives you the right to decide what is right and wrong. You are like an evangelist preaching to go on your path of righteousness. Your basis on morality seems based on if people swear or not.

This is absurd. You bade it in behaviour and tolerance you have zero tolerance for those with a different view. You are a bigot and a bore. Go and find another forum to spout your bilge on.

Nick

Administrator

Can you post the links? It won't be too hard if it has happened so much?

Well no, I'm obviously not doing that else I would just delete them wouldn't I?

Edit:.I do remember the contraception comment, but can't remember it being in reply to you saying it is wrong. I wasn't swearing though so was I?

Grendel

Can you post the links? It won't be too hard if it has happened so much?

Well no, I'm obviously not doing that else I would just delete them wouldn't I?

Ignore him. I bet he is as bigoted in real life as he is on here. I'm bored with him and his ilk.

Spionkop

So Nick, you're saying you've never used foul and abusive language towards me in a thread? That right? I just made that one up did I?
I'm used to gutter language on SBT, sadly that's how a few get by. The majority are decent people. To me it's water off a duck's back.
I do worry though about all those people who feel so abused when I express the view that going to Sixfields is very wrong.
Norman, goes on about my badly thought out diatribe & then goes into a badly thought out diatribe himself.
Norman, I would expect nothing else from you. You lovely chap. I think the outrage is all yours.

Grendel

So Nick, you're saying you've never used foul and abusive language towards me in a thread? That right? I just made that one up did I?
I'm used to gutter language on SBT, sadly that's how a few get by. The majority are decent people. To me it's water off a duck's back.
I do worry though about all those people who feel so abused when I express the view that going to Sixfields is very wrong.
Norman, goes on about my badly thought out diatribe & then goes into a badly thought out diatribe himself.
Norman, I would expect nothing else from you. You lovely chap. I think the outrage is all yours.

You are Jimmy Swaggart aren't you Miracle Man?

Nick

Administrator

Where did I say that, I said can you post the links?

Just found why I said contraception, it was in reply to you saying this (because you didn't agree with what I said). It wasn't just that you said you think people are wrong for going to sixfields.

You do a good enough PR job for Sisu as it is Nick. Don't be shy about it.

turlykerd

Why are you all so angry at each other and not at the people who are the reason cov can't play in cov ?
We ALL support the same team right ? Its in our blood !

You can't tell me to go to Springfield, and you can't tell me not to go... Its my own choice , as its yours !!

I wanna bang your fuckin heads together

Grendel

Why are you all so angry at each other and not at the people who are the reason cov can't play in cov ?
We ALL support the same team right ? Its in our blood !

You can't tell me to go to Springfield, and you can't tell me not to go... Its my own choice , as its yours !!

I wanna bang your fuckin heads together

In truth if we didn't have sanctimonious fuckers like spion kop there would be no issue. Those that go have zero issue with those that don't.

The shit on here today makes we want a season ticket even though I'd never make a midweek game. I am consulting the fixtures to assess financial viability.

Spionkop

Turkey, I'm not telling you or anyone else not to go to Sixfields. I've been saying for a year that I think it is wrong to go to Sixfields. Nothing more, nothing less.
It is my opinion. I don't threaten anyone, bully them, I'm entitled to my view and I will keep on saying it. Perhaps all those 'abused' by me can go for a bit of therapy to soothe their feelings maybe?
People have a choice to go or not. I too have a choice on a football forum to express my view on that. Nobody gets singled out. Just the whole group. None of them are 'twats' or 'tossers' - (to use the language of some) - they're probably perfectly ok people. Just that in this instance I think they are very wrong to go to Sixfields. I think the poor lambs can get over that.
Nick, stop being coy and repaste the full version of your email about contraception and the other ones?

Nick

Administrator
Turkey, I'm not telling you or anyone else not to go to Sixfields. I've been saying for a year that I think it is wrong to go to Sixfields. Nothing more, nothing less.
It is my opinion. I don't threaten anyone, bully them, I'm entitled to my view and I will keep on saying it. Perhaps all those 'abused' by me can go for a bit of therapy to soothe their feelings maybe?
People have a choice to go or not. I too have a choice on a football forum to express my view on that. Nobody gets singled out. Just the whole group. None of them are 'twats' or 'tossers' - (to use the language of some) - they're probably perfectly ok people. Just that in this instance I think they are very wrong to go to Sixfields. I think the poor lambs can get over that.
Nick, stop being coy and repaste the full version of your email about contraception and the other ones?

It isn't an email, I have never emailed you.

Here is the link to the contraception thread, which is where you started having a dig at me after I posted an innocent question / thought :

http://www.skybluestalk.co.uk/threads/43905-Charity-statement-on-court-case

I said:

I wonder if pr companies from either side post on here

You said:

You do a good enough PR job for Sisu as it is Nick. Don't be shy about it.

I said:

Of course, don't you remember me from pr school? You went off to do the advertising for scope didn't you? Wasted really as you are a great advert for contraception.

Now, can you post to where I have used a swear word towards you for no reason? Not an example where you popped out of your greenhouse to throw a stone and then give it the "people swear at me because I have an opinion that it is wrong to go".

Yes people like letsallsingtogether, broken hearted and even Dongo etc all give it and put their opinion across, they get stick and they give stick sometimes but they don't come out with the "I only have an opinion but I get abuse" type stuff.

Can you post links where I have used foul and abusive language to you? As well as ones where I have just started abusing you for you saying you think it is wrong to go to Sixfields and nothing else? Don't be coy about it.

I know people who wouldn't go, I know people who don't think it is right to go but it is funny how they just get on with things. People are more than welcome to their opinions, that is what this site is for and if I was hiding things I didn't agree with then this place would have no posts half the time. I think people who use forums a lot would actually say this site is under moderated.

Users who are viewing this thread