£10m shares claim for GODIVA (3 Viewers)

Moff

I wonder if Richardson could wade in and buy the charity shares? If people are happy for the sisu spivs then why not him?

How about you name all the interested parties that you constantly drone on about that would invest in the club????

You dont get it do you, no one else, not even Sir fekking Gary White Horse Hoffman, has shown the money to invest so until then we are stuck with SISU much to mine and yours and many others annoyance.

The thing is most of us dont f*cking harp on and on about it, and talk less sense than the kids in a reception class. Until they go we are stuck with them, so instead of moaning like a little child why dont you show some support for the team?

CJparker

There's more going for my argument than yours pal, even the people who you defend think the rent is too high :facepalm:

You can't compare someone to the Nazis is a 'light-hearted' way. We're talking about people who oppressed the German and occupied (even more so!) people's for the duration of their reign and theirsole objective was to create a 'master race' by annihilating the Jewish and Slavic races - sick and twisted people's. They are possibly the most evil regime that has ever existed - and that's saying something!

I weren't insulting you, WS said it isn't like SISU are the Nazis, but you actually compared the 2.

By the way, you haven't got an argument at all. The "League One average" argument is total fiction - please stop trying to perpetuate it. I'm saying that CCFC should uphold its tenancy agreement in good faith - and the courts agreed with me in full. SISU haven't got a leg to stand on, and you well know it.

dongonzalos

However, up until last season it was pretty much that they hired poor managers which was the main factor in our lack of success. The most anyone could say was that the communication was poor. Sisu had stuck to their word, invested in young, up and coming talent from the lower leagues in order to form a decent and balanced squad, which we had, until the summer of 2011 with KD and co. at the helm who ripped us limb from limb. Why can't people put 2 and 2 together and realise that prior to that board, our team had investment, after that board, our team had investment. Not a lot... but we can't afford a lot!! Yes we sold players but every club in the world is a selling club. I would have liked to have kept Fox, Dann et al. for another season or so, but life just sometimes doesn't work out that way.

The "Skill Set" board and the string of poor managers are the biggest criminals in the SISU era, and to make out as if we have constantly been bled dry and shat on is obscuring the truth for a particular agenda. Jan thinks he's playing clever politicians games but there are some of us that see right through it.

Now there's a new board and light at the end of the tunnel, can't we just see this through until a conclusion has been reached on the rent and then see where we stand? Our fans have got to concede that, unlike the last board, TF, JS and co. are at least tackling the right issues, whether we agree with their methods or not.

I think people did put two and two together at that point. SISU made decisions that put us into a transfer embargo and relegated us to the third tier for the first time in 40 odd years.

I don't find it shocking that the spokes person for a trust that states it represented the fans. Expressed shock that SUSU were in talks about buying 10 million pounds worth of shares.

CJparker

I don't need to start anything. I'm all for SISU doing what they can to get the rent down, buy some of the Ricoh and to try and make us successful again.

On the other hand if you're happy to support an impartial, balanced organisation like the SBT then good for you.

What makes me laugh about this is that you're happy to attack the Trust and its members for stating the bleedinig obvious...SISU have been a total disaster for CCFC, why the hell would you want them getting MORE involved in the club?

It's clearly in CCFC's interest that SISU fuck off ASAP.

CJparker

Don't worry the AHT are worth £20M so they won't be wiped out. They seem to do a good job of investing themselves.

So we can harm them as much as we want financially, as long as you tell yourself they'll survive somehow. That's like saying it's OK to steal from someone if they're rich enough to afford it. i.e. complete bullcrap.

Mucca Mad Boys

There's no evidence that the rent is too high.

Just because you compare two things doesn't mean you are saying they are identical. The point I was making in the Nazi analogy was that, no matter whether you want the ultimate good for something (Germany or CCFC) doesn't mean you have to support the dubious tactics used to get there (i.e. trying brazenly to bankrupt ACL or declaring yourself Reich chancellor and re-occupying the Rhineland)

There's no evidence 213k is too low either.

Nazis weren't acting in Germany's best interests. Going to into the bloodiest war ever?

On a side note, Germany were right to occupy the Rhineland, it is rightfully there's and the Treaty of Versailles was bloody disgrace (as we're the other treaties) and was a root cause of the Nazis' rise to power.

Do yourself the honour and retract the statement comparing SISU to the Nazis and Saddam Hussein. Rescue any credibility you had!

torchomatic

And you're as bad as Valiant. To be replaced by who? Gary Hoffman?! :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

It's clearly in CCFC's interest that SISU fuck off ASAP.

Mucca Mad Boys

What makes me laugh about this is that you're happy to attack the Trust and its members for stating the bleedinig obvious...SISU have been a total disaster for CCFC, why the hell would you want them getting MORE involved in the club?

It's clearly in CCFC's interest that SISU feck off ASAP.

Is there any evidence to support your claim?

torchomatic

I'm not attacking the Trust, I have no problem with them. I have a problem with the supposed impartiality of their spokesman.

What makes me laugh about this is that you're happy to attack the Trust and its members

Grendel

Why don't Torch, Grendel and Taylor form your own rival supporters group so show the strength of feeling for SISU and their actions. With all the fans who support you, you could probably have a full AGM around a single pocket of a pool table.

Oh no, sorry, it's a lot easier to cynically critise other fans who are trying to make a difference and who state the bleeding obvious to a newspaper.

How many members are there in the trust? 700? Wow that's really representative.

The bleating puerile argument at least they are doing something will not wash as there is nothing needs doing.

The squad is strong and like it or not fisher is a better leader than that fool ranson and those buffoons that preceded sisu.

The rent arrangement is bleeding the club dry so let's hope we get that as low as it can go.

Your not a supporter. Your a disgrace.

dongonzalos

No that's wrong he represents his members. Potential fans of the club will be over 30,000 people. He cannot speak for those as he does not have their views nor the right to speak pm their behalf. His comments are totally unnaceptable.

However I would happily bet that last summer after the relegation and the actions of SISU in the proceeding season.
The majority of fans would have been very concerned about SUSU acquiring ownership part of full of the Ricoh.

People have mellowed their views recently due to the signings of players and relative success on the pitch.

Grendel

However I would happily bet that last summer after the relegation and the actions of SISU in the proceeding season.
The majority of fans would have been very concerned about SUSU acquiring ownership part of full of the Ricoh.

People have mellowed their views recently due to the signings of players and relative success on the pitch.

Not that concerned. They didn't just the trust.

I assume you have no evidence to support any of this drivel? I assume you are a trust member?

CJparker

The bleating puerile argument at least they are doing something will not wash as there is nothing needs doing.

The squad is strong and like it or not fisher is a better leader than that fool ranson and those buffoons that preceded sisu.

The rent arrangement is bleeding the club dry so let's hope we get that as low as it can go.

Your not a supporter. Your a disgrace.

*You're* the disgrace - questioning people's loyalty to CCFC simply because we are appalled by the gangster tactics of SISU? I will always support the club on the field but don't ask me to stick up for our scumbag owners while they set out to destroy other people in their own interests.

The rent agreement is meant to pay the council back for the millions in funding it poured into the ground in the first place. Convenient how you always forget this when the rent gets discussed.

SISU have been an absolute disaster for this club, there is no other way to dress it up.

dongonzalos

You seem to put things across a lot better than Jan. You have to admit, with every post on here and every sound bite there is a snide remark about Sisu or "the owners" and whenever he is challenged he takes it all very personally and whether he means to or not, he comes across as if he is trying to belittle his challenger. Turning every subject into an attack on Sisu doesn't come across as very impartial and condescending those with a different opinion doesn't promote the idea that the organisation he represents will listen to those it represents.

Not one person who has defended SBTrust against posters who have questioned it, have ever stated that they believe their points about the rent situation to be valid and certainly not welcomed any idea that Sisu might just on this occassion be acting in the best interests of the club. Leaving the section of supporters who, without the umbrella of an organisation, we represent. There's more than Torchy, Grendal and myself in the SBA community with a similar opinion.

However I have heard him 3 times on national radio recently and Jan came across very professionally and balanced.
He expressed the views of fans.
His point was that the fans just want both parties back at the table.
He even had Richard Keys trying to goad him into attacking SISU and he didn't take the bait.
So maybe Jan has professionalised himself.

When was he last attack on SISU that some of you seem as unacceptable?

Last edited:

CJparker

Well, the fact they took us into league one, sold all the best players without replacing them, and got the club into huge financial trouble tells me that they haven't been a huge success.

CJparker

Well, the fact they took us into league one, sold all the best players without replacing them, and got the club into huge financial trouble tells me that they haven't been a huge success.

CJparker

I'm not attacking the Trust, I have no problem with them. I have a problem with the supposed impartiality of their spokesman.

So Jan isn't allowed to have his own opinions and then voice them?

torchomatic

So you must have REALLY hated the previous lot who took us into the Championship, sold all the best players without replacing them and got the club into huge financial trouble.

Oh, and sold our ground, our home for 106 years for a soulless, hideously expensive white elephant. Nearly forgot that bit.

dongonzalos

Not that concerned. They didn't just the trust.

I assume you have no evidence to support any of this drivel? I assume you are a trust member?

No I am not a trust member. So you think most fans would have been happy last season for SISU to get ownership of the Ricoh.
You really will spout any old rubbish won't you in a desperate attempt to try and win a debate.

CJparker

Can you show me a larger CCFC fans organisation? I think 700 is a decent number and is likely to be reasonably representative.

So you think that the Trust is wasting its time? The real reason you dislike this argument is that you have no counter-argument against it. What good are your snide and vile opinions doing anyone? You don't say anything constructive at all.

I increasingly think you are SISU employee or general WUM

Grendel

What he was interviewed in a newspaper because he is just a bloke in the street and not because if his role in the trust?

Are you a member?

torchomatic

Well, when he is supposedly talking to Fisher and ACL then I think he should be more careful of his views which directly conflict with the organisation he represents.

Mucca Mad Boys

By the way, you haven't got an argument at all. The "League One average" argument is total fiction - please stop trying to perpetuate it. I'm saying that CCFC should uphold its tenancy agreement in good faith - and the courts agreed with me in full. SISU haven't got a leg to stand on, and you well know it.

SISU have got a leg to stand on, ACL know it, hence why thy have offered concessions.

The Leaue One average is actually a good indicater of how much we should spend. Although the RICOH is a superior stadium to the rest and we have a higher income than the rest of L1's tenants, but do we have enough income to make up for that? Reality is, we don't earn enough money to pay rent and players, it's either off the field or on it. I have maintained we should pay average Championship rent (if you've actually looked at any of my posts) because we were an average Champ club last year (in terms of attendances) and we should get promoted this year. Despite looking like reasonable concessions, it is still well above Champ average, so no, the concessions aren't fair.

I think ACL should have the 'good will' you talk of to re-negotiate because the situation has clearly changed from 2005. We pay a premier league rent, but in League 1, do you think thatis fair?

Using the tenant landowner analogy, if you can afford the rent, well you can - just - but have no money elsewhere for basics, food, clothes etc. what would you do? I would move out to find a cheaper home... Can CCFC do that? No, or they can, it's not that simple though. We have to negotiate for a lower rent, and if going renegade gets a favourable agreement, who gives a shit? ACL are a private company and don't represent the taxpayers' and if you think any of the taxpayers' will see a penny back, you're naive at best. When the loan is paid and ACL start making pure profit, it will only benefit ACL's shareholders and that is it.

torchomatic

I would've been happy for SISU to get ownership. They are, to all intents and purposes, Coventry City.

No I am not a trust member. So

you think most fans would have been happy last season for SISU to get ownership of the Ricoh.
You really will spout any old rubbish won't you in a desperate attempt to try and win a debate.

mattylad

However I have heard him 3 times on national radio recently and Jan came across very professionally and balanced.
He expressed the views of fans.
His point was that the fans just want both parties back at the table.
He even had Richard Keys trying to goad him into attacking SISU and he didn't take the bait.
So maybe Jan has professionalised himself.

When was he last attack on SISU that some of you seem as unacceptable?
on this board he had a go at them Thursday

MichaelCCFC

Simple question - this is a great thread so why not give up keyboards for a couple of hours and come along to tomorrow's Trust meeting; there's already an excellent speaker lined up, football finance expert John Beech, and with the different perspectives being expressed here it would make a great evening. [Taylor has already said he can't come due to work so the question doesn't apply to him]

Mucca Mad Boys

What about the people who did exactly the same and sold Highfield Road? I think selling Highfield Road is worst than demanding a reasonable rent! Don't you see, the actions took by Richardson and co. set us on this path to League One!?

SISU have, to their credit, credit is given where credit is due, have changed policy this year and have backed MR, AT and Shaw bringing in 16-17 players and allowing both managers to sign good players. You only seem to acknowledge the bad.

Now, lets see if you pass the hypocrite test!

EDIT: sorry Torch, I didn't see your post. You know what they say, 'great minds think alike' ;)

Last edited:

Grendel

Can you show me a larger CCFC fans organisation? I think 700 is a decent number and is likely to be reasonably representative.

So you think that the Trust is wasting its time? The real reason you dislike this argument is that you have no counter-argument against it. What good are your snide and vile opinions doing anyone? You don't say anything constructive at all.

I increasingly think you are SISU employee or general WUM

Yes there is a larger organisation. The supporters who attend every week whose sole objective is to go and watch their team play.

Personally I would say a supporter is someone who watches the team and wants what's best for that team.

I'd say someone who has publicly stated on this forum they would rather see the club wound up than ACL reduce their morally disgusting rental arrangement is either a buffoon or a disgrace.

I'm not anti the trust as I have no involvement in them as doesn't the huge majority of supporters. However if they have a main aim of destabilising the ownership structure with no viable alternative then continue to count me and the several thousand others out.

Grendel

Simple question - this is a great thread so why not give up keyboards for a couple of hours and come along to tomorrow's Trust meeting; there's already an excellent speaker lined up, football finance expert John Beech, and with the different perspectives being expressed here it would make a great evening. [Taylor has already said he can't come due to work so the question doesn't apply to him]

I think I'd need body armour.

torchomatic

Mucca Mad Boys

...which are the Higgs Charity and Coventry City Council...

But because ACL are a private company, they wouldn't benefit the Council nor the Charity directly, only the people in those establishments.

For example, the taxpayers' won't see a penny of profit the Council wil make from the ground.

Grendel

But because ACL are a private company, they wouldn't benefit the Council nor the Charity directly, only the people in those establishments.

For example, the taxpayers' won't see a penny of profit the Council wil make from the ground.

Correct the notion sisu are ripping off a charity is complete nonsense. Frankly if I was them reading this I'd think what's the point and liquidate tomorrow.

Users who are viewing this thread