Match Thread ⚽️ Coventry City vs Norwich City Match Thread - Saturday 21st Jan (5 Viewers)

Brighton Sky Blue

Season not defined by Burnley and Norwich games according to Oggy.

What about the results against garbage like Swansea, Reading, Cardiff and Bristol City? Plus a loss against a Non League side?

Those 3 home draws could really come back to bite.

Ashdown

I’ve been very upbeat for 2 years now but there were some serious warning signs there today. Norwich were ok but pre World Cup we could have beat them.
We have deteriorated badly and trying to patch up the mess with a couple kids is not going to be good enough.
Callum is a huge loss
Fadz is a huge loss
Allen is not Captain material
We need some experience to see us through now or I fear we are going to slide into trouble.

Brighton Sky Blue

Doug ain’t no saviour, he’s not even a supporter…..he’ll flip the club to Ashley and make himself a nice little profit and fuck off. I hope so anyway.

As much as I wish that was his plan it doesn’t look like it whatsoever. If Ashley wanted the club we’d know by now.

AJB1983

We’re too nice I think - not enough grit in midfield - one thing Norwich did not or would not have liked was being kicked about a bit.

missed opportunity today - Norwich didn’t look all that I didn’t think - seemed to lose belief at half time and let them play.

Brighton Sky Blue

We’re too nice I think - not enough grit in midfield - one thing Norwich did not or would not have liked was being kicked about a bit.

missed opportunity today - Norwich didn’t look all that I didn’t think - seemed to lose belief at half time and let them play.

Their defence was a mess but we let it off the hook time after time. You can see why they get destroyed in the top flight every other season.

OldBedrocker

How is he a boo boy? He was poor. Dabo is getting pelters on here from pretty much everyone but who was hopelessly exposed time and time again as Cuffey was never in position
That’s because Dabo kept drifting inside and leaving him with 2 players to mark

AJB1983

Also poor decision making, poor passes in final third, and clearly the lack of real investment in squad over last couple of windows is showing, there’s no depth and the big injuries to key players have really shown now.

AJB1983

Their defence was a mess but we let it off the hook time after time. You can see why they get destroyed in the top flight every other season.
Agree with that.
And for the fourth it was almost as if we were saying to their player “go on then shoot”.

We did get lucky though with them hitting the post and bar.

SBT

That's the worry

I am not unduly concerned with where we are right now and think we will be fine and clear of relegation, but we HAVE to strengthen in this transfer window.

Don't do that and it could be disastrous.
If you’re not worried about relegation, why would it be disastrous to not strengthen in this window?

Otis

If you’re not worried about relegation, why would it be disastrous to not strengthen in this window?
Because the squad isn't big enough and it's very likely that someone else is going to get injured. We can't afford to lose any more players to injury, but logic dictates we are not going to get through the season without more injuries and the squad is too small.

We need options from the bench and the ability to switch it round.

SBT

Because the squad isn't big enough and it's very likely that someone else is going to get injured. We can't afford to lose any more players to injury, but logic dictates we are not going to get through the season without more injuries and the squad is too small.

We need options from the bench and the ability to switch it round.

Well that’s only a problem if you’re worried about relegation - it doesn’t bother me much where we finish if we’re not in the mix for either playoffs or the drop.

Personally I think King is hoping we can just stagger over the finishing line this season and save himself a few quid in January. I think he’ll push the definition of what we can “afford to lose” as far as he can - he’s certainly not racing to bring in the reinforcements so far.

Otis

Well that’s only a problem if you’re worried about relegation - it doesn’t bother me much where we finish if we’re not in the mix for either playoffs or the drop.

Personally I think King is hoping we can just stagger over the finishing line this season and save himself a few quid in January. I think he’ll push the definition of what we can “afford to lose” as far as he can - he’s certainly not racing to bring in the reinforcements so far.
No, I am not worried about relegation, because I DO think we will bring new players in.

Grendel

Well yes, but we are 8 points clear of the relegation places.

Let's see what happens in this transfer window.

let’s see what happens next Saturday - it’s a game if we lose it suddenly looks very different

Grendel

No, I am not worried about relegation, because I DO think we will bring new players in.

If they are like the two we have I won’t be getting too excited

robbiethemole

Our players look and act like powderpuff fuckin pansies. Dabo and Palmer bottle out of tackles. Allen and Sheaf just run alongside players and don’t get tackles in and Rose and Doyle always seem to get turned so easily. King has to let Robins get some more in or else we’re fucked

Ashdown

On that basis, why would you spend good money buying a football club then let it crumble. He’s not even a supporter which was perfectly clear today.

Users who are viewing this thread