Match Thread ⚽️ Leicester City vs Coventry City Match Thread - Sunday 6th Aug (4 Viewers)

shmmeee

Eccles and Da Silva did excellent work helping out the midfield . Thought both were very good today

Tom Hardy Bait GIF

Deity

If we believe in Milan and Wright then they need to start at home and get proper minutes to get adjusted ….

joemercersaces

That’s football. Pity is that it feels a bit like Wembley. We should have scored three and then we’d have won, but we missed sitters. Under the cosh first half but all over them second. We were stood right next to the mutants and when we were on top they all turned their backs and could’t look at us then when they scored they were all up for it which was hard to take, but overall very encouraging as the team who will probably win the league know they were lucky today. Hate the twats even more than I have for the last 40 years though.

alexccfc99

Just glad that is out the way anyway, we never win there and it was plainly obvious despite our years in the doldrums how much that meant to them

We need to make the CBS horrible when they visit in Jan and put todays game right

shmmeee

Just glad that is out the way anyway, we never win there and it was plainly obvious despite our years in the doldrums how much that meant to them

We need to make the CBS horrible when they visit in Jan and put todays game right

From what I’m hearing we’ll smash them in Jan, unless we lose Hamer and they sign better.
Put it this way, bar any injuries Wednesday, against Boro:

Wilson
Van Ewjik
Thomas
Fadz
Latibeaudiere
DaSilva
Hamer
Sheaf
Palmer
Simms
Wright

Subs
Collins
Binks
Bidwell
Eccles
Kelly
Sakamoto
Godden
(New ST 😉)

We will slap Boro

Add a CM and O’Hare to that and it’s a very good squad.

pusbccfc

Against Wimbledon I think he'll go something like this. Give game time for MVE but equally don't bother with Wright starting.

Collins

MVE
Binks
Lati
Bidwell
Burroughs

Kelly
Eccles
Saka

Simms
Godden

Should be enough. Robins won't be arsed and will treat it as an additional pre-season game.

djr8369

Says a lot that our xG was higher and we had more big chances. If it wasn’t for our missed chances or the quality of Dewsbury-Hall we’ve won that.

Pretty promising for the season.

Balli001

Against Wimbledon I think he'll go something like this. Give game time for MVE but equally don't bother with Wright starting.

Collins

MVE
Binks
Lati
Bidwell
Burroughs

Kelly
Eccles
Saka

Simms
Godden

Should be enough. Robins won't be arsed and will treat it as an additional pre-season game.
Obikwu and howley too could play

shmmeee

Collins

MVE
Binks
Lati
Bidwell
Burroughs

Kelly
Eccles
Saka

Simms
Godden

Think I’d give as many of the new lads minutes.

Collins
Thomas Latibeaudiere Binks
van Ewijk Eccles Sheaf Dasilva
Sakamoto
Wright Simms

S: Wilson, Fadz, Bidwell, Hamer, Kelly, Palmer, Godden (is it 7 in the cup or 9?)

Give Gus as much football as his injury needs.

skyblu3sk

Shout out to Godden who missed 2 sitters and lost us the game. You're such a damp flannel.
Have you been on the Ale? I said earlier in the thread Godden probably lost the game for us today. Nothing wrong with Saying considering he hasn't played all pre-season I thought Wilson did well.

pusbccfc

Think I’d give as many of the new lads minutes.

Collins
Thomas Latibeaudiere Binks
van Ewijk Eccles Sheaf Dasilva
Sakamoto
Wright Simms

S: Wilson, Fadz, Bidwell, Hamer, Kelly, Palmer, Godden (is it 7 in the cup or 9?)

Give Gus as much football as his injury needs.

Could do but that's almost too strong and too much of a risk of injury etc.

Greggs

Have you been on the Ale? I said earlier in the thread Godden probably lost the game for us today. Nothing wrong with Saying considering he hasn't played all pre-season I thought Wilson did well.
Of course I am. Can't be bothered to read anymore of your sit on the fence and be nice shite.
We lost.....but the kit looked nice. Fuck off.

skyblu3sk

Of course I am. Can't be bothered to read anymore of your sit on the fence and be nice shite.
We lost.....but the kit looked nice. Fuck off.
Ahhh Greggs you need to take a chill pill. We lost away to what I assume are favourites to go back up, we weren't embarrassed the defence looked pretty solid and the new players look the part. I'm pretty chipper for the season if pissed off we lost today as we at least deserved a draw. Put the ale down son and take your head out your arse.

Gleneagles65

If you don’t finish a team off with good chances you sometimes get a smacked bottom. Play like that all season though and Coventry will be close to the autos.

Evo1883

If you don’t finish a team off with good chances you sometimes get a smacked bottom. Play like that all season though and Coventry will be close to the autos.
Yes I think so , we looked good and can only really get better with game time and understanding

Mr Panda

Don’t feel too deflated by this loss as much as I thought I would. Seen enough to believe we’ll hopefully be there or there abouts come the end of the season.

All depends on what happens with Hamer of course

Otis

There were a number of posts criticising Robins for subbing Hamer on this thread.

Well, here's the answer....

"Gus was feeling his calves and had to come off, which is never ideal, but it needed to happen. He had been out since the play-off final, so he’s going to take time."

Better for him to come off rather than risk an injury that could leave him out for quite a period of time.

Evo1883

To be fair to Godden didn’t at least 2 of his chances fall to his weaker foot ?
I would rest Hamer on Wednesday and maybe also Fadz if we can. We need them for Boro.
The first was a good save , il be honest of his chances the only one that bothered me was the one that came off the bar .. he should have took a touch and squared it to palmer

Users who are viewing this thread