Match Thread ⚽️ West Bromwich Albion vs Coventry City Match Thread (2 Viewers)

Evo1883

Us and burnley are the only 2 teams to take points from west brom in the last 12 matches , they've 7 clean sheets at home in a row .

This isn't a shock result , if Bruce never started the season there they'd be pushing Sheffield united and Burnley

We lost 1-0 , not 7

David O'Day

Us and burnley are the only 2 teams to take points from west brom in the last 12 matches , they've 7 clean sheets at home in a row .

This isn't a shock result , if Bruce never started the season there they'd be pushing Sheffield united and Burnley

We lost 1-0 , not 7
Pretty much my feelings, they are a very good team

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

ccfc922

Our best chance was not selling Hyam and making 2/3 additions in the summer.

Everyone kept quiet because they kept our best players.

Agree, but 2 different windows there.

We couldn't change the summer, but January isn't the time to get quality players in without playing massive money.

SkyBlueMatt

Awful, awful, awful. I'm not going to shit on anyone in particular because that's unfair.

I was thinking/hoping it was going to be fun, the home fans to the left were loud early doors. We started well but the players gave us nothing.

Sent from my M2101K6G using Tapatalk

slowpoke

Time for Robins to look at our forward options, starts in midfield, Eccles to come in to his preferred midfield position, if for no other reason but to see he can hack it there, I think he can, I’m not an Allen knocker and he certainly wasn’t the worst player tonight, but id bring Hamer into his roll, stronger and more positive, up front there has to be a better option on who plays alongside Vik ws have choices now Godden, Maguire, Palmer. Also Is playing wing backs our best option now, not sure about the two loanees brought in not done it yet for me, I take Robins attempt to bring the lad in from Bristol City suggests he agrees. Got to spend rest of the season working on next season, although top six isn’t completely out of the question I am realistic but we will finish higher than we are today I’m sure of that.

Gint11

We were awful. We looked fearful, lost before the game had started. Wilson’s distribution was sloppy. Panzo is awful and needs to go. Norton cufffy doesn’t attack and can’t defend, sheaf gave the ball away, Palmer drifts, Allen runs around doing nothing and Gyko wasn’t in the game. When he is, he’s either fouled or moaning at the ref and then gets 1 opportunity and spoons it.

With the start to the season we had, then injuries and then the World Cup, end the season now and start afresh in the summer.

half of this team is no longer good enough.

CCFCSteve

We lost 1-0 , not 7

Agree with this but I think the frustration (mine anyway) was with some of the basics last night. Our passing wasn’t anywhere near what it usually is, maybe that was partially due to them closing down etc but I thought we looked sloppy. Defensively a lot better second half but all over the shop to start with.

I didn’t expect anything out of the game so not the end of the world but hopefully the players can show it was a one off next week. We need to find a way to play without ohare, we showed glimpses second half last week but too many off games last night against a very good team

ps great to see positive comments about Eccles. He’s always had ability but I thought he looked more confident last night. I’d still like to see him in midfield at some stage

CCFCSteve

Time for Robins to look at our forward options, starts in midfield, Eccles to come in to his preferred midfield position, if for no other reason but to see he can hack it there, I think he can, I’m not an Allen knocker and he certainly wasn’t the worst player tonight, but id bring Hamer into his roll, stronger and more positive, up front there has to be a better option on who plays alongside Vik ws have choices now Godden, Maguire, Palmer. Also Is playing wing backs our best option now, not sure about the two loanees brought in not done it yet for me, I take Robins attempt to bring the lad in from Bristol City suggests he agrees. Got to spend rest of the season working on next season, although top six isn’t completely out of the question I am realistic but we will finish higher than we are today I’m sure of that.

Read this after my post. Agree about seeing Eccles in midfield, especially if it frees hamer up further forward where he’s shown he can do some damage. means we can press higher as well

CCFC54321

Read this after my post. Agree about seeing Eccles in midfield, especially if it frees hamer up further forward where he’s shown he can do some damage. means we can press higher as well
Robins has to do something and he knows that himself but we can’t continue with Allen contributing zero most games. I agree hamer needs to push on further forward from now on.

Tommo1993

Robins has to do something and he knows that himself but we can’t continue with Allen contributing zero most games. I agree hamer needs to push on further forward from now on.

Didn’t see Sheaf or Palmer contribute anything. Hamer can’t be carrying the midfield every week.

Legia Sky Blue

Just a couple of points:
1) I am amazed how Gyokeres hasn't had more bookings shouting at refs this season. The amount of times he is fouled where a foul is either not given or the defender not booked is beyond belief. Equally if he as much as lays a finger on a defender when tussling for the ball a foul always seems to be given against him. There seems very little balance. The opposition therefore seem to be given impunity to foul him and stop our attacking threat at source, and so it becomes an effective tactic used against us. The fact that refs don't book Gyokeres is a sign to me that they probably do think he has been fouled, but for some reason they set the bar higher for fouls against him rather than vice versa.
2) In the last minute when we had the free kick which Hamer took level with the area, I never at any point felt it was dangerous to them and that we would score, even though the delivery itself was ok. I find it continually frustrating when we have such free kicks where the opposition line up in numbers and we simply line up with them, making us easy to mark and effectively relying on luck. For the football managers among you why don't our better headers of the ball position themselves deeper so that they can attack the ball moving forwards rather than start from a flat footed position when they are standing still? It seems such an obvious thing to do, to offer more threat from such situations but maybe I'm missing something.

Grendel

Anyone else think both the new full backs are rubbish

Just strange signings. Especially Cuffey as he just looks woefully out of his depth

Grendel

Norton-Cuffey has played regularly the season though, and with Dabo struggling for fitness...

It's more bedding in. Does show that last season when there was a clamour for January signings to push us over the line, it might have worked the other way with the momentum disrupted.

kane played 38 times last season

Cuffey is poor really poor

Mcbean

Just a couple of points:
1) I am amazed how Gyokeres hasn't had more bookings shouting at refs this season. The amount of times he is fouled where a foul is either not given or the defender not booked is beyond belief. Equally if he as much as lays a finger on a defender when tussling for the ball a foul always seems to be given against him. There seems very little balance. The opposition therefore seem to be given impunity to foul him and stop our attacking threat at source, and so it becomes an effective tactic used against us. The fact that refs don't book Gyokeres is a sign to me that they probably do think he has been fouled, but for some reason they set the bar higher for fouls against him rather than vice versa.
2) In the last minute when we had the free kick which Hamer took level with the area, I never at any point felt it was dangerous to them and that we would score, even though the delivery itself was ok. I find it continually frustrating when we have such free kicks where the opposition line up in numbers and we simply line up with them, making us easy to mark and effectively relying on luck. For the football managers among you why don't our better headers of the ball position themselves deeper so that they can attack the ball moving forwards rather than start from a flat footed position when they are standing still? It seems such an obvious thing to do, to offer more threat from such situations but maybe I'm missing something.
Yes agree with this wholeheartedly- why we don’t put people on and around their wall as this is often the gap when they duck that creates the opening for the goal Vik had attention from two players every time he had it , one time he was fouled after the ref had blown up for an earlier foul - he gave one free kick for one foul on Vik

robbiethemole

There’s a report about the teams, Baggies have Premier ready players and bought in two more, Albrighton and Chalobah in this window. We loaned in three kids and a player who hasn’t played in nearly six months, go figure.

PVA

There’s a report about the teams, Baggies have Premier ready players and bought in two more, Albrighton and Chalobah in this window. We loaned in three kids and a player who hasn’t played in nearly six months, go figure.

Yeah they're obviously a really good team with very good players.

It's no surprise they've improved massively since sacking that dinosaur they had in charge.

pusbccfc

Just a couple of points:

The referees give no protection for Vik. Is a disgrace that his captain and multiple others are going at the referee more. Kick, pull, push, shirt tug all night on him and the ref was not interested. Should be harassing the referee like others do at this level, West Brom included.

pusbccfc

This. People forget the divide at this level because we've been here a few years.

In our first season people accepted we were often not going to compete with sides spending money out their arse.

I'd imagine Albrighton is on about £40k-50k a week.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

The ones echoing playoff rhetoric are painfully silent this morning.

Some of our signings may turn out to be good, it's far too early to say either way, but I think people get carried away seeing that we've made 4 of them, rather than inspecting the detail properly.

Hertsccfc

Would be a complete waste of Hamer to play him further forward. Instead we should play Godden with Gyokeres, especially as Gyokeres is struggling at the moment. Teams have realised if they stop him we are pretty toothless.

Users who are viewing this thread