Match Thread ⚽️ West Bromwich Albion vs Coventry City Match Thread (2 Viewers)

ccfc922

Barely put up any kind of fight. At least if you're going to lose, go down swinging and make them earn it.

Attacking-wise we are so very poor. Too many non-scorihg players in the team, which isn't much good when your only goal threat is missing sitters.

Last 10/20 mins looked lethargic.

Perryccfc

Started off chaotic, could have been 2-2 at 15 mins in. Game calmed down into a bit of a nothing game. Didn’t think we really deserved anything from it.

I’m really trying to not slate Allen every week but I’m just so sick of watching him run around and do nothing every week. His first touch is poor, his passes put others in trouble, he’s just not of this level in my opinion.

Thought Wilson-Esbrand looked a positive. Would agree with 5’s all round.

92nd minute sub of Kelly for Doyle was baffling.

Adge

Well, just as we expected I guess. A simple throw into the box and we can’t defend it. We still had an odd chance to get back in it but would have been daylight robbery as Albion were value for the win.

Hobo

To be fair, 3 good chances that we should have buried.

Doyle missing his feet first half.
Gyok just a millisecond short first half.
Gyok hitting it over in the second.

Doyle didnt even get a shot away.
Gyokeres second blazed it over not even close. Should of at least been hitting target and forcing the keeper to make a save.. Hamers free kick was best effort all night.

Tonight far too many very simple passes not being completed.

clint van damme

Started off chaotic, could have been 2-2 at 15 mins in. Game calmed down into a bit of a nothing game. Didn’t think we really deserved anything from it.

I’m really trying to not slate Allen every week but I’m just so sick of watching him run around and do nothing every week. His first touch is poor, his passes put others in trouble, he’s just not of this level in my opinion.

By far our worse midfielder was Sheaf. Pathetic performance. And even that was eclipsed by Panzo and Wilson.

vow

Panzo for the second game running, his passing nearing the end of both matches was terrible

Brighton Sky Blue

I thought we were very soft and let them stroll around with licence to be as chilled as possible for a lot of the game.
The number one problem was being so poor with the ball. Either aimlessly hoofing it forward for Gyo (but not supporting him), or misplacing shorter passes all over the place.

Without O'Hare it just goes to shit in that respect and without McF the defence will continue to concede laughable goals. McNally though was clearly the best of the 3 again, with the hopeless Panzo on one side of him and a very naive Doyle on the other.

But this is what happens when a side has peanuts spent on it for so long.

long way home

Bit of a nothing performance no leadership, no belief and lacked street smarts. Its like we are already have an eye on the summer, we will pick up a few more wins and be safe early. I can see big changes come summer just hope we do it early to get a pre season in. Doug will give it a go next season, this season will be a bit of a write off with all going on.

CCFCSteve

The number one problem was being so poor with the ball. Either aimlessly hoofing it forward for Gyo (but not supporting him), or misplacing shorter passes all over the place.

Without O'Hare it just goes to shit in that respect and without McF the defence will continue to concede laughable goals. McNally though was clearly the best of the 3 again, with the hopeless Panzo on one side of him and a very naive Doyle on the other.

But this is what happens when a side has peanuts spent on it for so long.

Hopefully just an off day, we’re usually far better on the ball than we were tonight

Garlana86

Outclassed tonight, the fact they can bring swift off the bench who was oozing class tonight just shows how much depth they've got. They deserved the win.

pusbccfc

I think we were much better last season and was our best chance. Can't see us stringing many wins together atm. Huddersfield were garbage and that's why we won last week. It wasn't dominant.

Our best chance was not selling Hyam and making 2/3 additions in the summer.

Everyone kept quiet because they kept our best players.

Brighton Sky Blue

Wouldn’t go that far but if money was tight I’d have made do with what we had and got a decent keeper in on loan instead
We chose to extend Wilson instead. Which means we will be left with at least one vestigial goalkeeper next season for no reason

Warwickhunt

Allen never expects to get the ball given back to himfrom a wall pass and he loses it every time

CCFC54321

We can’t continue anymore with Allen in this team. That performance and judging by the messages I’ve had since the final whistle we all agree that we have to move on. He offers absolutely nothing.

Perryccfc

By far our worse midfielder was Sheaf. Pathetic performance. And even that was eclipsed by Panzo and Wilson.
I don’t disagree with you, but we know what we usually get with Sheaf. I can forgive an off night, but Allen’s performance wasn’t an off night. Panzo for the second week running was bordering on horrendous. Not sure what’s happened to him.

Users who are viewing this thread