Abuse of players by fans (1 Viewer)

matesx

Been a while since we had racism bun fight.

100 pages coming up.

Can’t we all just do the right thing and declare that racism in any form is a bag of shit and those who spew it are knuckle dragging arseholes?

fatso

Been a while since we had racism bun fight.

100 pages coming up.

Can’t we all just do the right thing and declare that racism in any form is a bag of shit and those who spew it are knuckle dragging arseholes?
What if you don’t like gingers?

Nick

Administrator
And how many times during football matches are white players abused,slated etc, thousands it must be, and nothing is ever mentioned,but if its a black player you must be racist right.
Only if racist language is used or the abuse is based on race. It's simple

Skybluefaz

a) I don't know what was said
b) I don't get easily offended and I especially don't get offended on someone else's behalf
c) I'm sure Raheem Sterling is on enough per week to rise above shouting from the stands
Amount of pounds earned doesn't make it less racist. To permit is to promote. That twat should face criminal charges.

covmark

a) I don't know what was said
b) I don't get easily offended and I especially don't get offended on someone else's behalf
c) I'm sure Raheem Sterling is on enough per week to rise above shouting from the stands
I've read some unbelievable crap on this forum, and this is right up there.
So because Sterling earns good money, he should take racist abuse and get on with it? Crazy.

Even if it's not racist, (which it looks like it is) the fact that these middle aged men feel the need to get in a young lads face and hurl abuse at him, is a disgrace.
The ridiculous thing is, they were probably cheering him when he scored against Spain a couple of weeks ago.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

sylus

You know what,i couldn't give two hoots what was said to Sterling during their game with Chelsea,it has no reflection on me,bigger and more pressing issue's around at the moment than what some Chelsea fans slurred towards Raheem,maybe we are making a bigger issue out of this than it should be..I am not condoning it,but these things happen,rightly or wrongly,deep down you know it too.

Nick

Administrator
You know what,i couldn't give two hoots what was said to Sterling during their game with Chelsea,it has no reflection on me,bigger and more pressing issue's around at the moment than what some Chelsea fans slurred towards Raheem,maybe we are making a bigger issue out of this than it should be..I am not condoning it,but these things happen,rightly or wrongly,deep down you know it too.
Why are you posting about it then?

Otis

It's crazy and if you look back at my original OP I never even mentioned racism.

Otis

So because Sterling earns good money, he should take racist abuse and get on with it? Crazy.

Even if it's not racist, (which it looks like it is) the fact that these middle aged men feel the need to get in a young lads face and hurl abuse at him, is a disgrace.
The ridiculous thing is, they were probably cheering him when he scored against Spain a couple of weeks ago.

Also like the way it is simply described as from the stands, which is clearly not the full picture. It's front row, ground level, 4 or 5 yards away and right in his face.

covmark

Also like the way it is simply described as from the stands, which is clearly not the full picture. It's front row, ground level, 4 or 5 yards away and right in his face.
Indeed.
I was watching the game live on t.v. Couldn't believe the anger in the faces of those blokes. Not nice to see.

torchomatic

What? You might have misunderstood what I was saying.

My point was in response to someone essentially the same thing you are saying. There are hundreds of times black players will be shouted at where racism is never suggested. So no. “If it’s a to a black player you must be racist” is not true.

As for white players being shouted at, what’s your point? Nobody is suggesting that is racism either.

It's classic whataboutery. I remember the Stephen Lawrence stuff when those blokes went to court and there was all that hassle outside. They interviewed some numbskulls saying "yeah but what about "john smith, he was killed by a black bloke but you don't hear about that in the press". They are thick twats. Some on here have demonstrated that perfectly.

Last edited:

torchomatic

Otis

That's what it looks like to me.
If true he needs banning for life.

Only way it will stop these ill-educated idiots.

And 'idiot' perfectly sums up the Arsenal fan who throws bananas at black players, but declares he is no racist because he has some black friends.

Sba180

So the two people that ‘don’t care’ or ‘don’t get offended on other people’s behalf’ cared enough to suggest that it was just people claiming racism because it was people shouting at a black bloke. And for no other reason. Love it.

As it happens, I tend to agree with you, however, not just black players should rise above it but any player. Let's face it, these people would quite happily ignore you at any other time. (Re: the Liverpool players getting on a the bus and ignoring autograph hunters) yet will quite happily kick up a stink when it suits. Did anyone ask the black chap in the crowd who was very close to it all?0 he didn't seem very phased.

Silsden

So no one knows where you can get bbq hula hoops then???
The BBQ beef ones you can get at Tesco’s normally, don’t know what the situation will be like post Brexit, but I’ve been stocking up on them ever since the vote just in case

Johnnythespider

Just looked and seemingly it was 'you f**king black c**t'.
That's how i read it also, i believe Sterling has come out since and said it was racist, on the wider subject of player abuse has anybody else noticed the fan yesterday after Thomas scores, when the players run to the corner to celebrate he comes down the stairs and clearly spits at the players, Walsall have gone down in my estimation.

oucho

Good article on that very subject with Sterling bemoaning the fact that two young Man City players have been treated differently over the buying of houses for their mums. One black player one white British.

I was intrigued by this Otis - I saw the two articles and the one about the black guy didn't seem racially-biased or perjorative. There have been a few comments about Sterling calling his treatment in the media "racist" but so far I haven't seen any examples cited, so that's going on?

I did work with a Liverpool lad about 4 years ago who used to say that Sterling, then in his very early 20s i think, had 8 kids with mostly different mothers, or something, which as well as being false (as far as I know) also seemed to play on the "feckless black dad" thing that gets an airing from time to time (Peter Ndluvu was also a victim of that amongst our fanbase) but I haven't seen the mainstream media treating Sterling poorly, other than criticising his variable form for England (in contrast to club performances) and also that gun tattoo he had done, which was silly to be fair. So what have I missed here?

Skybluefaz

I was intrigued by this Otis - I saw the two articles and the one about the black guy didn't seem racially-biased or perjorative. There have been a few comments about Sterling calling his treatment in the media "racist" but so far I haven't seen any examples cited, so that's going on?

I did work with a Liverpool lad about 4 years ago who used to say that Sterling, then in his very early 20s i think, had 8 kids with mostly different mothers, or something, which as well as being false (as far as I know) also seemed to play on the "feckless black dad" thing that gets an airing from time to time (Peter Ndluvu was also a victim of that amongst our fanbase) but I haven't seen the mainstream media treating Sterling poorly, other than criticising his variable form for England (in contrast to club performances) and also that gun tattoo he had done, which was silly to be fair. So what have I missed here?

Now you've seen the mainstream media treating Sterling poorly.

oucho

Now you've seen the mainstream media treating Sterling poorly.

Eh? Without wanting to sound thick or uninformed, why is it "treating him poorly" to say he was tired at 3am? I'm tired at the time of night when I am still up, which happens once a week....no shame in it. How's that racist?

Users who are viewing this thread