All Ricoh/ alternative ground comments. (5 Viewers)

Leceister or Birmingham?

• Leicester

Votes: 2 33.3%
  • Birmingham

Votes: 4 66.7%

• Total voters

ashbyjan

Many thanks kind sir :D
I understand the scepticism - there are so many numbers being bandied around, so much spin etc its hard to know what to believe but bottom line is a very dangerous game is being played with our football clubs future

Nick

Administrator
My favourite bamboozler.

@SkyBluesTalk @peasantville this is not helping.You see how many people dnt like this by sayin its a joke is not saying your wrong

another

@SkyBluesTalk @peasantville your are a represent Coventry city fc. You have no name apart from skyblue talk. You also have 3000+ following

Nothing against the guy but I have no idea what he is trying to say?

Otis

Guess I will just have to put my hands up and say 'yes, I am Frankie Boyle and yes, that was a sick thread of mine about Joseph Fritzl!'

I think that is perfectly acceptable. Thats the sane amount as the top Championship clubs are paying for their stadiums and ours is much bigger than theirs. As soon as we pay the debt and sort out this deal, we can all go back to normal and focus on the one thing that matters, the football

Blue Maniac

Nick, I get the impression @peasantville is the author of many of the aforementioned spam emails. Ask him if he got the £2,500 I sent him. Only I never got the million quid in return you see.

Nick

Administrator
Peasantville is otis. That is the guy sending both the sbt account and otis random cryptic messages.

Otis

Hardly straight out of Tile Hill is she?

As a representative of Coventry City FC you should have stopped this thread.

Forums are not for opinions, they are for one of us to say something and for everyone else to agree on it!

hill83

Easily the most borderline insane suggestion of the week.
Back in your bed fella.

Brighton Sky Blue

To tap into another thread is "Kate" not technically a commoner :whistle:

Without turning this into a monster monarchy thread-the idea that Royals may only get with fellow Royals, thereby promoting inbreeding, is a little odd.

Equally, the classification of everyone who is not a Windsor as a 'commoner', is also rather odd.

hill83

The money will need to be paid regardless.
One way I can see it going is a reduction in rent now. With an agreement for lump sum payments, if and when we get promoted or are more financially stable, to make up the shortfall.

ashbyjan

Financial stable? Coventry City? Sorry mutually exclusive words and have been for decades I'm afraid

Blue Maniac

Some fair points there. I'm not overly familiar with the Rotherham situation, but you note that it was temporary. Would the league have sanctioned it if it was not temporary?
No. When they were hoofed out of Millmoor and moved to the Don Valley, they were told in no uncertain terms by the Football League that they had three years to return to Rotherham. They had nothing but huge debts when they moved away; now they're in a shiny new £20m, 12,000 seat stadium, which I believe is owned by the club.
What would Sisu's argument be here? "We are moving to Leicester or Birmingham while we build a new ground (with what?)/ wait for ACL to go bust"?
Probably something along those lines. I'd be surprised if a club the size of Coventry failed to find a suitable new home if they were given the same three-year deadline.
As I said in an earlier reply, I agree there is a difference being the fans having a say and that voice being heard. The rules say the league would consider the impact on supporters - how do you measure that without asking them?
It's possible they'll take some fan views into consideration but ultimately they'll just approve somewhere with reasonable transport links.
Yes Birmingham or Villa might not object to Coventry moving in, but Leyton Orient objected to West Ham's proposed move. We just don't know how they will react. And my point is, do Sisu?
Leyton Orient's objection is because they're worried West Ham could take fans away from them. I think it's unlikely any of the truly local clubs with facilities good enough to host a Coventry home fixture would have the same concerns.

RichieGunns

Without turning this into a monster monarchy thread-the idea that Royals may only get with fellow Royals, thereby promoting inbreeding, is a little odd.

Equally, the classification of everyone who is not a Windsor as a 'commoner', is also rather odd.

That has been common practice for many hundreds of years. Prince Philip and the Queen are cousins remember and at one point, he monarchies from Germany, Russia and Britain were all related (each king was brother to the other if I remember rightly...something like that) and each married off his relatives to the others relatives to conserve the purity of the royal line.

Then add to that the fact that the aristocracy going very far back in time thought it was perfectly acceptable to marry within their families, some fathers even going as far as to get their own daughters pregnant so as to conserve the family bloody line and stop common seed polluting their geenseed.

But then they didn't realise that doing this caused mutations in their children, due to the lack of genetic diversity and was probably part of the reason why a lot of their children sometimes didn't carry to birth. So it wouldn't be surprising if a royal married a royal. I think with Diana, Sarah Ferguson & Kate we've now had more "common" geneseed enter into the royal line. Of course most of them had aristocratic upbringings lol

Otis

You do realise that an anagram of 'Coventry and Nuneaton' is 'A Canyon Turd Nonevent' don't you! :D

Otis

If there was no club at all (which of course would never ever happen. They'd always be a Coventry City) I would probably go and watch the Coventry Jets American Football team.

Black6Osprey

This is also the Telegraph that said we had done a deal for half the stadium. Who knows if this article has any factual content. They did spell his name right though.

skyblueinBaku

Coventry and Nuneaton? Well we are run by Wallace and Grommit, sorry Fisher and Waggott

Wallace & Grommit? At least one of those was sensible. I thought we were run by Laurel & Hardy.

Butts Park has one stand but I know there were plans some time ago to expand the stadium for the Rugby Club. It would never be 32000 but could be around 12-15000 with development and it is in the City.

beduth

In answer to Gray, i would also add Burton , as well as Nene Park Rushden , both are only 45 minutes by road A444 / A45.

procdoc

As a Coventry fan from Bedworth I couldn't think of anything worse than my beloved sky blues being alligned with the river rat treacle town scum.

Users who are viewing this thread