All Ricoh/ alternative ground comments. (6 Viewers)

Leceister or Birmingham?

• Leicester

Votes: 2 33.3%
  • Birmingham

Votes: 4 66.7%

• Total voters

mattylad

what a crock of shit this poll is!!

Otis

Good job the twitter doesn't show the location of them, people would be coming to stab me without actually reading.

I do worry about some people.

It was quite obviously a joke.

Can see now why some people believe they've inherited 70 million pounds from some rich uncle in Nigeria!

Nick

Administrator
I have just edited the thread title, just to help people along who might not catch on it is tongue in cheek...

torchomatic

People keep harping on about a compromise 50% reduction and then mentioning figures of £400K. Is this fact?

Blue Maniac

Clause 13.4:
The Board will not generally approve any ground sharing arrangement where the Club plays its matches outside the conurbation, as defined by the Board, from which the Club takes its name or with which it is otherwise traditionally associated.

i.e. Good luck trying to get permission to play outside Coventry.
There's precedent for this though. If push comes to shove, Cov could move to a nearby town for a maximum of, I believe, three years - see Rotherham United's temporary move to Sheffield.

13.7.3 would not adversly affect... the supporters...

i.e. the fans get a say.
It doesn't mean that at all. The fans would get no say. It just means that fans must not be unreasonably inconvenienced in getting to "home" games. For example, a temporary move to Birmingham or Leicester might be acceptable under this clause, whereas a move to Penzance or Vladivostok would not.
13.7.5 would not adversly affect other clubs in the vicinity of the proposed location

i.e. depending on the proposed location other (league?) clubs could have a say
That just means they'd take catchment areas into consideration, but I can't see any problem with a temporary move out of Coventry under this clause either. I don't imagine Birmingham or Villa fans for example would abandon their clubs to follow Coventry. There might be a small number who, in the event of a short term ground share, would go to home matches of both clubs, but any host club won't lose fans in the long term.

Nick

Administrator
Think I might need it, getting bombarded with abuse by people who can't spell so make no sense!

Otis

Well me of course.

No idea who voted for Leicester.

My guess is Blue Maniac!

As for all the abuse Nick is getting now over a thread that was quite clearly a joke .... well, words fail me.

How do these people manage to walk and breath in and out at the same time without getting all disoriented?

jimmyhillsfanclub

50% rent reduction offer.....or just another rumour?

I keep reading that ACL have been more than reasonable & have offered a 50% rent reduction....

...funny thing is, I've only read it on internet forums etc. & nowhere have I actually seen it confirmed by either side in this ongoing debacle....

..SO....Unless someone can confirm this as fact....I think it should stop being quoted as such...

...don't you?

chiefdave

I think I would struggle to keep an interest in football to be honest. The way things have gone in recent years I don't really follow anything other than CCFC, even struggle to muster much interest in England games.

Would like to say I'd follow AFC Coventry but living on the south coast and being somewhat removed from it all that probably wouldn't happen.

Fratton Park is at the end of my road but I couldn't bring myself to support them. Southampton maybe, not too far away and a similar club to us in many ways over the years but the most likley outcome would be I'd no longer follow football at all.

ashbyjan

Owned by wankers? A charity that does work for underprivileged kids in Coventry are wankers? The citizens of Coventry - who own the stadium via the council are wankers?
Interesting point of view.

Otis

Fook me.

People now on twitter saying Nick should apologise for my post! :facepalm::facepalm:

I am just lost for words. Seriously.

:eek:

Otis

you still out of work otis? Time on your hands etc ;)

Yep, sort of.

Working for my ex boss ...... but have only done 5 hours in 6 weeks, so it doesn't quite pay what I had hoped for. :D

She's promised me at least 2 hours a week after Christmas, so am obviously frothing at the mouth over that one.

Nick

Administrator
I am struggling to understand what people are saying. I honestly have no idea what one fella is going on about!

Is the Ricoh owned by wankers? :thinking about:

Why didn't we say that when they saved the club?

How the hell did they saved the club. Ad the charity aren't wankers. The council are. They tried to co-operate with us by seeling their half but the deal fell thru. Its the council who are the wankers

The charity aren't wankers. The council are. They tried to co-operate with us by seeling their half but the deal fell thru. Its the council who are the wankers. They dont give a crap what we want. They're just a bunch of A-holes who want to squeeze more money out of us

Sky Blues

There's precedent for this though. If push comes to shove, Cov could move to a nearby town for a maximum of, I believe, three years - see Rotherham United's temporary move to Sheffield.

It doesn't mean that at all. The fans would get no say. It just means that fans must not be unreasonably inconvenienced in getting to "home" games. For example, a temporary move to Birmingham or Leicester might be acceptable under this clause, whereas a move to Penzance or Vladivostok would not.

That just means they'd take catchment areas into consideration, but I can't see any problem with a temporary move out of Coventry under this clause either. I don't imagine Birmingham or Villa fans for example would abandon their clubs to follow Coventry. There might be a small number who, in the event of a short term ground share, would go to home matches of both clubs, but any host club won't lose fans in the long term.

Some fair points there. I'm not overly familiar with the Rotherham situation, but you note that it was temporary. Would the league have sanctioned it if it was not temporary? What would Sisu's argument be here? "We are moving to Leicester or Birmingham while we build a new ground (with what?)/ wait for ACL to go bust"?

As I said in an earlier reply, I agree there is a difference being the fans having a say and that voice being heard. The rules say the league would consider the impact on supporters - how do you measure that without asking them? Maybe you're right, but I bet if they have fans screaming "Franchise FC" at them again they will think long and hard. But, yes, whether the supporters' voices are heard above those of others, who knows?

Yes, Birmingham or Villa might not object to Coventry moving in, but Leyton Orient objected to West Ham's proposed move. We just don't know how they will react. And my point is, do Sisu?

I'm simply saying the rules on moving grounds have been tightened up in the last ten years and it may not be as simple as to say "we will find a new ground".

Last edited:

scroobiustom

Nucky don't worry, when that highway is built it will bring in millions and you could buy the Ricoh - oh wait your wife gave the deed to the church.....WOMEN!

Last edited:

Otis

They saved the club by putting the money in and taking over the stadium when the club came up short. They saved the club.

Otis

Can you put any of it up nic? like otis, i'm having a slow day as well:D

@skybluestalk @peasantville so it doesn't matter what other people say you should have said. Lack of responsibility you child!

Basically saying Nick should have stopped the thread.

@skybluestalk @peasantville your a child because you've taken no responsibility for what was said. Not even and little apology.

'your a child?' Ooh, pot and kettle! 'and' little apology?

Blue Maniac

No idea who voted for Leicester.

My guess is Blue Maniac!
Not guilty. If the roles were reversed, I could never develop the same level of passion and loyalty for Coventry, Forest or Derby. I expect it works the same both ways.

If some of you do decide to start rocking up at the KPS, give the Catering Operations Manager* a heads up and I reckon he'll get a few extra pies in. I've never had one, but they're often described as 'not bad', 'hot' or 'overpriced'. Worth the trip I think.

*Before you ask, yes we do employ someone with that title.

Users who are viewing this thread