Another bumper Ricoh crowd expected for Wasps' home game against Sale Sharks (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
Dongi didn't start this, he posted it on another thread abd I moved it

Covstu

To be fair just after Christmas this isn't a bad showing. The Leinester game will attract a few I bet...

ccfcway

Hypothetical question.

What happens if after all the free ticket offers and the hype has died down and it goes back down to say 6 or 7,000?

Adams Park holds 10,284 so surely if they start getting attendances below that it sort proves their need to upgrade as floored?

they didnt own Adams park did ?, isnt it all about the 365 revenues ?

martcov

Does that include the buy one get one this game for free offer too and the other frees? So it could be around 8,000 - 9,000 for their second game.... Pretty big drop off that, the Gillingham effect.

(I just moved this post out into a new thread)

It pretty much looks like an advert that article ;)

Which staff did they use when they sold 28 odd thousand then if they need extras to sell 11? The PR Machine is ticking away ;) Make out it's very popular, get the bandwagon going...

Keep an eye on CCFC articles then look at the bottom of Wasps ones where they have the adverts on where to buy tickets, opening times, prices etc etc ;) (an advert)

Do they have as many adverts as at the bottom of your posts? ;-)

Grendel

The council are going to look a bit daft if it ends up in a few years time with Wasps getting 7,000 - 10,000 for fewer games at the Ricoh, and CCFC playing outside Coventry (or worse, not existing at all). How exactly is that going to help the city?

Sorry, been trying to avoid all of this - but I think it's a possibility that CCC have completely ignored.

Well its certainly possible that the wasps gates will be at that level. With give aways i would still expect this one at around 15,000 but its likely to decline to those sort of levels quicker than expected.

The strategy looks as haphazard as sisu's. Gamble on making this work which seems to require European qualification. Also they have zero experience as a management company

The level of investment is small though and if it doesn't work they could put the Holding company into administration and just move elsewhere.

Could be a very grim time for the council.

chiefdave

The level of investment is small though and if it doesn't work they could put the Holding company into administration and just move elsewhere.

Would be interesting to see what the plan is in the event of ACL going into administration. What will happen to the loan? It's now been proven that the value you of the loan to ACL is way above the value of the lease. I would assume that should ACL go into admin the lease reverts to CCC but what then.

Who will pay the loan, ACL would have no assets to sell in the event they weren't purchased out of administration and ended up liquidated and any buyer would likely make a p in the £ offer on the loan.

That's before you consider how much CCC could resell the lease for, ACL going out of business would certainly lower the value of the lease and that assumes anyone wants it. If, a big if of course, we do end up in a new stadium there's a danger the council will end up with millions in debt to pay off and an empty stadium nobody wants.

Sure people will say it will never happen but Wasps had no issue with moving halfway up the country so wouldn't have a problem with another move. They could hail it a glorious return to London, doing it for the fans etc.

Grendel

"haphazard" would suggest SISU actually have a strategy

Of course they have a strategy.

Latest I guess is that they will make a land purchase. Planking permission will drag on and they will sit back and see how wasps experiment develops

If it hits the buffers they will just sit and wait.

martcov

Latest I guess is that they will make a land purchase. Planking permission will drag on and they will sit back and see how wasps experiment develops

I prefer Wasps strategy. Permanent tenure. Good PR. Winning games. Trying for Europe. As opposed to - plodding on, bullshitting about a small stadium and waiting, hoping for the best. If it hits the Buffers, at least they tried to acheive something.

Nick

Administrator
I prefer Wasps strategy. Permanent tenure. Good PR. Winning games. Trying for Europe. As opposed to - plodding on, bullshitting about a small stadium and waiting, hoping for the best. If it hits the Buffers, at least they tried to acheive something.
Could never have guessed you liked wasps...

martcov

Could never have guessed you liked wasps...

No. I have never watched them. No idea who plays for them and am not interested. Still, they are in a better position than we are in Coventry. I would prefer we were in their position and in Coventry. No, I don't want SISU to move to London, but I regret them screwing up with the Ricoh - yes they did screw up.

Nick

Administrator
15, 343 with free tickets for buying the first ones, ones to schools and plenty floating.

Lost a fair bit.

Nick

Administrator
No. I have never watched them. No idea who plays for them and am not interested. Still, they are in a better position than we are in Coventry. I would prefer we were in their position and in Coventry. No, I don't want SISU to move to London, but I regret them screwing up with the Ricoh - yes they did screw up.
Probably would be better if you supported Wasps the Rugby Team, not half as interesting as the politics though is it? Who needs the actual sport? ;)

Bob Latchford

Fickle ?

15,343 at ricoh for wasps game today. wonder what happened to the other 13000 ‪#‎Ficklefans

dongonzalos

That's my opinion as well and it is the worse possible situation for us.
5-7 years of waiting again on a stupid ill thought out plan.

chiefdave

15, 343 with free tickets for buying the first ones, ones to schools and plenty floating.

That's fallen a lot faster than I thought it would. We know there's 3.5K free to schools for a start plus the BOGOF and all the other cheap / free tickets that have been floating around. Plus this season they are providing free transport from Wycombe for all their existing season ticket holders. They will now start to hit the perception problem, people turn up for big events, as we have found when the ground is half empty it gives the impression that the product on offer isn't great and more casual supporters start to drift away. Given that a huge % of their new fanbase would be casual supporters they must be concerned at the speed of the drop off.

Be interesting to see how low the attendances drop in the next 12 months, at this rate can easily see attendances being lower than before they moved.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Be less than 10k in a few more games it seems, our second match was 11k and that was at full price with no gimmicks, free tickets or offers.

SkyBlue_Bear83

That's fallen a lot faster than I thought it would. We know there's 3.5K free to schools for a start plus the BOGOF and all the other cheap / free tickets that have been floating around. Plus this season they are providing free transport from Wycombe for all their existing season ticket holders. They will now start to hit the perception problem, people turn up for big events, as we have found when the ground is half empty it gives the impression that the product on offer isn't great and more casual supporters start to drift away. Given that a huge % of their new fanbase would be casual supporters they must be concerned at the speed of the drop off.

Be interesting to see how low the attendances drop in the next 12 months, at this rate can easily see attendances being lower than before they moved.

It will be interesting in say 5-10 years time to see if they can build a genuine fan base in the area or is it just people that will just turn up for the event, in 5 years time will you see people going around the city in their Wasps shirts? Or will people just continue to lose interest?

Paxman II

Virtually half the crowd of the first game and I predict it will half again before settling down. Exactly how are they going to be sustainable in the long term and without a football club as tenant providing crucial additional income streams from their 10, 15 and even 30k crowds? (even if we stay rent free) If we stayed rent free we would want a share in that income too. can't see WASP long term being sustainable without the football club remaining.

wingy

I will go against the grain not as a cheerleader but based on cold hard unemotional thinking .

I think they will level out to 12k-15k with big European matches factored In ,couple that with huge Corporate and Sponsorships

leaves me feeling they will be around for a long time .

Might be holes In my thinking but that's how I see It going .

chiefdave

I think I'm right in saying there's only a guarantee of 11 Wasps home games a year. If attendances do drop and in the future they don't qualify for Europe then things don't look quite so good I wouldn't have thought.

chiefdave

It was good today. Think it will settle at similar figure to ccfc.

At some point you'd hope our never ending downward spiral will end and we'll get promotion and start moving back up. At that point how many of the lapsed CCFC fans now going to Wasps games will suddenly realise they preferred us all along and switch back?

letsallsingtogether

Virtually half the crowd of the first game and I predict it will half again before settling down. Exactly how are they going to be sustainable in the long term and without a football club as tenant providing crucial additional income streams from their 10, 15 and even 30k crowds? (even if we stay rent free) If we stayed rent free we would want a share in that income too. can't see WASP long term being sustainable without the football club remaining.
Funny you should say that.
So if a Rugby club can't be sustainable without a Football club, how does a Football club with About the same attendance figures survive without a Rugger club?

Users who are viewing this thread