Ashes 17/18 Thread (1 Viewer)

Otis

45-0.

Great start but have seen it all before. Could get to 97-0 and it still would be unlikely.

One wicket and Aussie tails will be up.

Obviously it would be absolutely fantastic if we could do it, but it is so, so unlikely. Boycott put our chances of winning at 1 in a hundred.

At least we may be able to get close, get a few knocks in for some key players and have Australia thinking the Ashes could still be a bit of a fight and not a cakewalk.

Otis

And here we go. Cook out.

Surprised the umpire didn't give that out right away. It turned back in and looked plum to me.

Otis

Bloody hell Otis I was avoiding posting as I didn't want to put the mockers on England, you post and the wicket goes! Your fault!!!
Consider me chastised.

We are now not going to lose one single more wicket though and that's not just today, that's for all the rest of the tests too.

That okay?

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

Ah that old classic England totaliser game when under pressure when losing the first wicket add 10 to the score and add 2 more wickets.

Then once the 4th wicket goes add 70 to the score for the England total!

superskyblue

Vince just isn't good enough I'm afraid. If you can't be disciplined outside off stump you've got no chance in Test Cricket.

SkyBlueSoul

What’s more annoying than that shot is how disciplined he was outside off in Brisbane

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SkyBlueSoul

Haven't seen Vince's dismissal but heard in on the radio. Boycott was apoplectic with rage.

I was listening on the radio but saw a replay when I got into work and he was right, absolutely terrible shot. Good couple of feet away from his body

SkyBlueSoul

At least the Aussies have just used both their reviews in 3 balls though, they were awful too

eastwoodsdustman

At least the Aussies have just used both their reviews in 3 balls though, they were awful too

Smith's worried about not enforcing the follow on and took a chance on both and failed. We were fortunate enough to have a new ball when it got dark last night. They've got a ball that's 40 odd overs old and he really should have taken that into account when not enforcing the follow on.

SkyBlueSoul

Smith's worried about not enforcing the follow on and took a chance on both and failed. We were fortunate enough to have a new ball when it got dark last night. They've got a ball that's 40 odd overs old and he really should have taken that into account when not enforcing the follow on.

He's looking really edgy out there, especially after he dropped Malan. You can see him regretting that decision as we creep closer

Covstu

Solid display so far from us. Fantastic display of bowling this morning followed by a steady display of batting. Out of appeals, the Aussies look very very frustrated!

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

We'd have taken 4 down and halfway there when England started again.

If these 2 can get the score down close to a 100/120 required final it'll be interesting.

Fair play for really fighting back, Lyon looks the biggest danger hopefully get after him a little bit.

Mcbean

Just catching up - wifi about as fast as killer - seems a thin chance reliant on Root but good bowling effort would have been good to see !

SkyBlueSoul

Agreed, I still think we'll lose this one but the fact we've taken it even this close has restored a bit of pride. Largely down to Smith's decision but hey, that's sport, I'll take it

Otis

Agreed, I still think we'll lose this one but the fact we've taken it even this close has restored a bit of pride. Largely down to Smith's decision but hey, that's sport, I'll take it
Screenshot_2017-12-05-12-03-10.png

Need to rub his face in it (that's Smith, not Anderson)

Captain Dart

There is still hope, if Root & Woakes can put on another 50 or so tomorrow morning..

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

if Root and Woakes are there when the new ball comes into play it'll be advantage so slightly England hopefully they'll see the morning session through then.

It's impossible to call, early wicket and there could be a clatter!

Superb test now.

Great decision to send Woakes in as nightwatchman.

Anderson would have been done for in those conditions and that Cummins Yorker Woakes some how edged away! A lot of better batsmen would have been LBW to it!

chiefdave

Woakes is capable of getting a few but its mainly down to Root. If he can stay there and get some support from Bairstow and Ali then a win that seemed impossible at start of play today could be on.

Still think its a very slim chance though.

Otis

if Root and Woakes are there when the new ball comes into play it'll be advantage so slightly England hopefully they'll see the morning session through then.

It's impossible to call, early wicket and there could be a clatter!

Superb test now.

Great decision to send Woakes in as nightwatchman.

Anderson would have been done for in those conditions and that Cummins Yorker Woakes some how edged away! A lot of better batsmen would have been LBW to it!
Good thing with Woakes is, he is anything but a tail ender.

If it had been Jimmy Anderson however.......

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

Good thing with Woakes is, he is anything but a tail ender.

If it had been Jimmy Anderson however.......

That's my point, technically he is as textbook batsman as they come!
Used to play against him as a kid and he was a batsman don't think he bowled much til early teens!
Delighted he's finally taken his chance at Test cricket after having a rough first spell!

Mild-Mannered Janitor

Kindest Bloke on CCFC / Maker of CCFC Dreams
Vince - twat, and annoyingly, the hope they have now given me puts me in that, shall I get up dilemma which will destroy me for work. History says its not possible but history is there to be changed at times.

eastwoodsdustman

Will they push Bairstow up the order now to help nullify Lyon and take us closer to the target if we can? I posted before that he should be in ahead of Ali in the batting order.

Otis

Think they also need to have a look and see who has historically done the best against Lyons' bowling.

Gazolba

It's been an incredible turn around that I don't think anyone would have predicted after the first two innings.
The Aussies will throw everything at us on the final day.
It all comes down to Root, Woakes, Moeen and Bairstow.
They have plenty of time to get the runs so I hope they don't throw their wickets away.
If Australia get an early break-through, it's probably all over barring a miracle.

Covstu

Tomorrow a massive day not just for the ashes but English Cricket!! Batting has been vastly improved and looks like we have finally calmed down to play our own game rather than try and keep pace. We have a full day batting so that total is easily obtainable however its a question of 'can we' and I agree we will fall short. I SOOOOOOOOOOO hope I am wrong!!!

Really enjoyed today, what a great advert for test cricket!

Users who are viewing this thread