Ashes 17/18 Thread (1 Viewer)

Covstu

Awful again, we seem to get a bad decision against us and give up after that. No fight in us again. Another pumping

Terry Gibson's perm

It’s a poor cricket wicket with a poor cricket ball.

It drives me crazy that Bancroft is playing for Somerset next season so he will be used to English conditions for the next ashes the eve should step in and stop their funding until he has gone

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

Went to bed at lunch and aus were flying, assumed it rained when I saw the scorecard.
Good wicket they'll wreck up 550 here and have a dart at England tonight!

Warner getting the reprieve on 99* was so so frustrating!

Gazolba

Anyone else losing interest?
When the only thing left to fight for is avoiding a 5-0 whitewash, it loses its lustre.

Covstu

When the only thing left to fight for is avoiding a 5-0 whitewash, it loses its lustre.
Sort of, just don’t want us to get embarrassed but without a tornado I can’t see anything but a whitewash

SkyBlueSoul

I stuck it on because I’m still up. Not a bad session so far, we’d have taken 2 wickets including Smith if asked! Especially for only 30-odd more runs

SkyBlueSoul

Even though you’d definitely have us ahead, I’ve been burned too many times to get my hopes up!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Otis

And England sitting pretty at 143/2 and Cook on 74.

Still feel a collapse isn't a million miles away though.

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

Delighted for Cook!!
Bet he was the most delighted person to see Starc out of this test!

Hopefully the start of another resurgence in his career! Deserves to go out on his own terms whenever that day should be!

Covstu

Delighted for Cook!!
Bet he was the most delighted person to see Starc out of this test!

Hopefully the start of another resurgence in his career! Deserves to go out on his own terms whenever that day should be!
Mixed feelings on this one! Done fook all for three tests then turns up when it’s all over. Fighting for his job?

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

Mixed feelings on this one! Done fook all for three tests then turns up when it’s all over. Fighting for his job?

Harsh to say Cook's not been fighting, he's just been outclassed out thought by a world class bowler in Starc, who well and truly has Cook's number, England need Cook to hang around for the next 3/4 years in some sort of decent form to help the rebuild!

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

Broad is the one that gripes me, when he's not on for form/'up for it' you see it in his run up knees not pumping as he runs in, he's been like that for so long.

Gets 4 today and will keep his place, I'd have/still would be tempted to leave him out for Sydney.

Covstu

Harsh to say Cook's not been fighting, he's just been outclassed out thought by a world class bowler in Starc, who well and truly has Cook's number, England need Cook to hang around for the next 3/4 years in some sort of decent form to help the rebuild!
Disagree he has not turned up at all all series. We needed consistent performances from him and root and both been disappointing when it counted

Gazolba

Cook and Root playing well - when it no longer matters.
Hope we don't collapse when play resumes.
I wouldn't bet against it.

SkyBlueSoul

Malan gone now. Another lbw that should have been reviewed, got a MASSIVE edge on it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SkyBlueSoul

958f758d5ebb639fcbf5e97b336cd7d2.jpg

Otis

Now 7 down and a lead of 46.

Nice to have the lead but I think it needs to be much closer to 100 to have any impact of the test.

Curran and Cook now at the crease.

Otis

Double hundred up for Cook!

Now who was it on here who was saying we should be dumping him? :)

Otis

Lead now up to 116 and a 71 run partnership between Cook and Broad.

Broad having a a bit of fun out there and smashed a lovely 6 off Nathan Lyons. He's now on 39.

Otis

This is lovely to see. Runs flowing and the lead now 131. England 458-8.

Cook on 221 and Broad on 46.

Users who are viewing this thread