Ashes 17/18 Thread (1 Viewer)

Gazolba

Unless we can get an early wicket, I can see Smith and Marsh going on to make big scores.

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

Stating the obvious but Smith will define the series, if he averages under 30 England will have the Ashes in their possession in 7 weeks time, 50 or over it'll be Aus.

His conversation rate from 50 to 100 is sensational and is what puts him head and shoulders above Root at the minute.

I still can't get over Smith his transformation from a spinner that bats at 6/7 scoring 30 to arguably the best Batsman in world Test cricket & with his technique of playing the ball so late fair play to him!

Garbage captain though.

Mcbean

Hopefully the dampness will bring some early swing for jimmy and Broadie - the Cummings Root exit was superb - two in swingers and then an outie

SkyBlueSoul

Great pressure built by Broad and Anderson. Needed an early wicket, even if it’s not Smith

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SkyBlueSoul

What. A. Ball from Anderson. New ball does the talking, 4th ball of the over, Paine gone for 13

SkyBlueSoul

New ball working wonders. I can see Smith running out of partners here, brilliant session for England so far

Otis

Aussie lead now looking very, very likely.

Just 6 runs behind now.

Now it is all about keeping that lead below about 30.

SkyBlueSoul

As a fan of cricket, this has been an amazing test so far. Agree with Otis, deficit of 30-40 and a decent stand from Cook/Root and I fancy us for the draw at least

Otis

Now 20 ahead. We really, really need this last wicket soon otherwise the game will get away from us.

Otis

Wrapped it up!!! Thank God!

26 run lead for the Aussies. Need to make sure now we don't lose a couple of quick wickets.

Otis

Very iffy start by England. Swinging and missing and now a daft wicket from Cook. Very, very poor shot.

Otis

I fear for England here, I really do. Fully expecting at least one more wicket before the close.

Both Stoneman and Cook were playing at shots they had no need to play at.

Otis

England playing and missing all over the place at the moment.

And there's the second wicket.

Damage limitation now. Otherwise a collapse is a-coming.

Mcbean

Root and Stoneman done very well to survive that - hopefully can kick on from there need 250 - Mo not working at full spin - Jimmy could be injured - Broad sounded like he was covering up - feeling knackered was a long night - should be fit for 3.00

Otis

Root and Stoneman done very well to survive that - hopefully can kick on from there need 250 - Mo not working at full spin - Jimmy could be injured - Broad sounded like he was covering up - feeling knackered was a long night - should be fit for 3.00
3.00? Is he the solution to Mark Robins' Jones replacement on the wing then?

Mcbean

Late call up - got to find my boots - couple of tins of red bullshit and I should be fine for a few assists

Covstu

Happy with their total as I thought they would have got more, Smith was a nightmare to deal with and we cannot have a repeat performance from him again to that total. First time in ages I am doubted cooks eligibility as a definate starter which is disappointing he needs to be more confident at the crease.
We need something amazing from our captain tonight!

Otis

I fear a defeat I'm afraid. It's going to be hostile tonight from their fast bowlers. Need to get through that first hour unscathed and then we might have a chance. As it stands in real terms we are 7/2.

Won't be at all surprised by a quick wicket or two this evening and then it will really be backs to the wall.

Can't believe Cook threw his wicket away like that.

Covstu

I fear a defeat I'm afraid. It's going to be hostile tonight from their fast bowlers. Need to get through that first hour unscathed and then we might have a chance. As it stands in real terms we are 7/2.

Won't be at all surprised by a quick wicket or two this evening and then it will really be backs to the wall.

Can't believe Cook threw his wicket away like that.
Makes you think if they actually did get in his head. He normally isn’t that careless

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

Need 200lead at very very min, id happily take 250, the wickets quickening up which plays into aus hands!

Not very hopeful at the min need some of this bad weather that was forecast to intervene and get out of Brisbane at 0-0!

Users who are viewing this thread