Best Record Ever Made ? (1 Viewer)

bringbackrattles

Talking to a mate of mine who like me loves his music he asked : " What is the best ever rock record ?" I wanted to know his first and he reckons it's Stairway To Heaven by Led Zeppelin.That always tops the lists every year in most rock polls,but there is a track by Iron Maiden in my view that is better and it's: When The Wild Wind Blows.It's brilliant and the best record they've ever made in my opinion.
So any other suggestions and it doesn't have to be rock ?

Last edited:

eastwoodsdustman

Best rock Single - Smells like teen spirit - Nirvana
Best Rock Album - You're living all over me - Dinosaur Jr
Best Single - Just like heaven - The cure or Ceremony - New Order
Best Album - Power Corruption and Lies - New Order or The Queen is Dead - The Smiths or the one above.

krambo

What I liked about John Peel was that he played stuff by bands etc that no other station did,bit like Jools Holland does now on his T.V. show.

Without him,Punk would have remained underground.He bought it to the forefront and others cashed in.
Still say God Save The Queen was the official number 1 at the time.Somehow Rod Stewart remained there.Could not have that song top of the charts due to our beloved Queen's silver jubilee.

Last edited:

bringbackrattles

Without him,Punk would have remained underground.He bought it to the forefront and others cashed in.
Still say God Save The Queen was the official number 1 at the time.Somehow Rod Stewart remained there.Could not have that song top of the charts due to our beloved Queen's silver jubilee.
John Lydon was on the telly the other night and they played a radio interview he had way back, and in it he said that Jimmy Saville was a nonce and a pervert etc,but it got taken off air and has just resurfaced now.How right was he on that !

krambo

John Lydon was on the telly the other night and they played a radio interview he had way back, and in it he said that Jimmy Saville was a nonce and a pervert etc,but it got taken off air and has just resurfaced now.How right was he on that !
I Saw him on piers morgan.Daughter texted me to let me know as she knows im a big Punk fan.Watched it on catch up.

bringbackrattles

I Saw him on piers morgan.Daughter texted me to let me know as she knows im a big Punk fan.Watched it on catch up.
The original interview can be seen on youtube but typical BBC back then and even now blocked it so it shows they knew Saville was a creepy pervert.
As for punk I too liked the music and the Sex Pistols were great and I liked the Damned as well.

krambo

The original interview can be seen on youtube but typical BBC back then and even now blocked it so it shows they knew Saville was a creepy pervert.
As for punk I too liked the music and the Sex Pistols were great and I liked the Damned as well.

I never got to the famous 100 club but saw plenty of the Manchester punks around here.Just wish id been 3 or 4 years older then i would have travelled to the 100 club.

krambo

Loved the Damned especially Smash It Up.Kids of today think they invented Goth.Plenty of Punks and groups had that look.Vanian,Siouxsie etc.
I also loved the Anarchist punks like Crass and Poison Girls.If you ever get the chance,listen to feeding the 5000 album by Crass.Pure quality.It was on you tube.

Last edited:

bringbackrattles

Loved the Damned especially Smash It Up.Kids of today think they invented Goth.Plenty of Punks and groups had that look.Vanian,Siouxsie etc.
I also loved the Anarchist punks like Crass and Poison Girls.If you ever get the chance,listen to feeding the 5000 album by Crass.Pure quality.It was on you tube.
New Rose by the Damned is my favourite I'll listen out for Crass. By the way did you know Stuart psycho Pearce is a huge punk fan ?

Sky Blue Harry H

Into the Valley by the Skids, 'Daddy was a Bank Robber', and 'Hurry up Harry' Sham 69 (which my mates liked to sing at me!

Ian1779

Supertramp - The Logical Song

Queen - Show must go on

Two particular classics in terms of singles.

krambo

New Rose by the Damned is my favourite I'll listen out for Crass. By the way did you know Stuart psycho Pearce is a huge punk fan ?

It was well known.He used to play it on his ghetto blaster (before mp3 etc) before each game in the dressing room.And every chance he got,he would take a team mate to a punk gig.

krambo

Into the Valley by the Skids, 'Daddy was a Bank Robber', and 'Hurry up Harry' Sham 69 (which my mates liked to sing at me!

Was street stars the b side of into the valley.ALBERT TATLOCK!!!!Had all the skids on vinyl but later transferred to mp3 and portable hard drive.Still listen to punk to this day.

Last edited:

Johnnythespider

Life goes on by the Damned for me, if you listen to it you might recognise the opening riff, it was used by both Killing Joke on Eighties and Nirvana on Come as you are, they are still touring and played the copper rooms at Warwick university the other week.

krambo

New Rose,The very first punk record to be released.Beat the pistols by a day.Get good money on ebay for that.Think i got around £12 (going for more now) but it was a while ago.Got rid of most my Vinyl but still got all the songs on different devices.

Last edited:

bringbackrattles

New Rose,The very first punk record to be released.Beat the pistols by a day.Get good money on ebay for that.Think i got around £12 (going for more now) but it was a while ago.Got rid of most my Vinyl but still got all the songs on different devices.
Never knew that but if I had New Rose it has gone from my collection. I've mentioned on here before about my vinyl records and was going to sell around a hundred L'P'S and 45's a few months ago but the sale fell through.I'm glad really as in there are Sex Pistols and some great hard rock stuff too,but the dealer was pretending they weren't worth much,and I know they are and I knew what his game was as they try to buy cheap and then sell on for a big profit. His loss and my gain !

mrtrench

The single that most blew my socks off was "This Charming Man" by the Smiths.
Best track is "voodoo Chile" by Hendrix - and topical given last night's moon. Or "All along the watchtower" by Hendrix.
Best album - crikey so many, but my favourite ever is "Waiting for a Miracle" by the Comsat Angels.
Best live album "Stage" by Bowie.

bringbackrattles

Life goes on by the Damned for me, if you listen to it you might recognise the opening riff, it was used by both Killing Joke on Eighties and Nirvana on Come as you are, they are still touring and played the copper rooms at Warwick university the other week.
I heard that, and there bass player passed away recently too from cancer.

bringbackrattles

The single that most blew my socks off was "This Charming Man" by the Smiths.
Best track is "voodoo Chile" by Hendrix - and topical given last night's moon. Or "All along the watchtower" by Hendrix.
Best album - crikey so many, but my favourite ever is "Waiting for a Miracle" by the Comsat Angels.
Best live album "Stage" by Bowie.
Who can ever argue on the inclusion of Hendrix ? The bloke was a genius and never made a bad record.

Sky Blue Harry H

Was street stars the b side of into the valley.ALBERT TATLOCK!!!!Had all the skids on vinyl but later transferred to mp3 and portable hard drive.Still listen to punk to this day.

'Sandy Richardson' !

Users who are viewing this thread