Best Record Ever Made ? (1 Viewer)

mrtrench

Have to say that White Man in Hammersmith Palais was also a pretty seminal single. One hearing today and I'm back in 1977.

bringbackrattles

The thread has gone from best ever to favourite and I'm now changing it to memories.I heard Procul Harems :Whiter Shade Of Pale the other day on the radio and it transported me back to the Locarno,and when I hear Hey Jude I'm back in the West End with the City fans singing to that song tune.

mrtrench

The thread has gone from best ever to favourite and I'm now changing it to memories.I heard Procul Harems :Whiter Shade Of Pale the other day on the radio and it transported me back to the Locarno,and when I hear Hey Jude I'm back in the West End with the City fans singing to that song tune.

Another from Withnail - that movie had a great soundtrack.

Malaka

My God! you are older than me!

olderskyblue

Hey Jude takes me back to Glastonbury, it seemed to be sang all night after McCartney had finished his set... You could hear it starting again in the distance, and it just spread around the site.

olderskyblue

So who saw Supertramp at the Cov Theatre back in the day?

bringbackrattles

I was in Mr Georges nightclub one night in the 80's and who walked past me and started singing on the stage but Billy Fury.He was a big star years earlier but most in there that night were going who the hell's he ? I thought he was dead ! He only did a couple of songs and walked off to polite applause. Very sad.

Johnnythespider

Whenever I hear hey Jude I'm back in the Walsgrave pub on the Wednesday before the cup final, the dj put it on and that was it people were up on the tables belting it out for what seemed an age, and all the while a solitary spurs supporter sitting in the corner staring into his pint. Unforgettable :)

bringbackrattles

Whenever I hear hey Jude I'm back in the Walsgrave pub on the Wednesday before the cup final, the dj put it on and that was it people were up on the tables belting it out for what seemed an age, and all the while a solitary spurs supporter sitting in the corner staring into his pint. Unforgettable :)
What a coincidence as I was in that pub the night before the Cup Final.I was only going to have a couple as I was going to the final the next day but ended up having a skinful,and was hungover going down on the train.But by the time I got in my hangover had gone as the excitement of the day was the perfect cure !

Johnnythespider

What a coincidence as I was in that pub the night before the Cup Final.I was only going to have a couple as I was going to the final the next day but ended up having a skinful,and was hungover going down on the train.But by the time I got in my hangover had gone as the excitement of the day was the perfect cure !
I probably saw you in there, used to live in the Wally.

dancers lance

She's leaving home - The Beatles
When Doves Cry - Prince
Comfortably numb - Floyd
Chime - Orbital
Your Love - Frankie Knuckles
Legs - ZZ Top
No one Knows - Queens of the stone age
Take me I'm yours - Squeeze
Seven seas of ryhe - Queen

bringbackrattles

She's leaving home - The Beatles
When Doves Cry - Prince
Comfortably numb - Floyd
Chime - Orbital
Your Love - Frankie Knuckles
Legs - ZZ Top
No one Knows - Queens of the stone age
Take me I'm yours - Squeeze
Seven seas of ryhe - Queen
On planet Rock this week they've played Seven Seas of Rye,No One Knows,and Comfortably Numb.All three still sound awesome and Seven Seas in my opinion is one of the best tracks Queen ever did and it was one of their first.

dancers lance

On planet Rock this week they've played Seven Seas of Rye,No One Knows,and Comfortably Numb.All three still sound awesome and Seven Seas in my opinion is one of the best tracks Queen ever did and it was one of their first.

I have never listened to Planet Rock, but I will now! Most people I have met that like Queen have never even heard it, amazing track.....Hammer To Fall is another personal favourite.

bringbackrattles

I have never listened to Planet Rock, but I will now! Most people I have met that like Queen have never even heard it, amazing track.....Hammer To Fall is another personal favourite.
You need a Digital radio to get planet Rock but I guarantee you'll find a show on there that you'll like. Alice Cooper has his own show and Danny Bowes of Thunder too,but if you love rock music there's something for everyone at all hours.Enjoy !

dancers lance

You need a Digital radio to get planet Rock but I guarantee you'll find a show on there that you'll like. Alice Cooper has his own show and Danny Bowes of Thunder too,but if you love rock music there's something for everyone at all hours.Enjoy !

I have a digital radio in my workshop but I tend to listen to 6 music or just whack spotify on. I am a lover of all genres of music from Classical to Motown to Rock to Prog Rock to Techno and everything in between, as long as it is done well and makes you feel something, I will give it a whirl.

Will deffo start listening to it though.

Bernie Rhodes Nose

Gangsters - Specials AKA
Tom Waits - All the world is Green
Pleasant Valley Sunday - The Monkees
Woolly Bully - Sam The Sham
Prince Buster - Freezing up Orange Street
De La Soul - Eye Know
Madlib - Mystic Bounce
Quincy Jones - Bring down the birds
Jimi Hendrix - Crosstown Traffic
Bob Marley - One Drop...
Thelonious Monk - Round Midnight
Nelson Riddle - Spy in the Green Hat (opening for "man from Uncle"film)

I'll stop there:p

[h=3][/h]

dancers lance

Gangsters - Specials AKA
Tom Waits - All the world is Green
Pleasant Valley Sunday - The Monkees
Woolly Bully - Sam The Sham
Prince Buster - Freezing up Orange Street
De La Soul - Eye Know
Madlib - Mystic Bounce
Quincy Jones - Bring down the birds
Jimi Hendrix - Crosstown Traffic
Bob Marley - One Drop...
Thelonious Monk - Round Midnight
Nelson Riddle - Spy in the Green Hat (opening for "man from Uncle"film)

I'll stop there:p

Love Madlib stuff, does some amazing remixes aswell.

bringbackrattles

I have a digital radio in my workshop but I tend to listen to 6 music or just whack spotify on. I am a lover of all genres of music from Classical to Motown to Rock to Prog Rock to Techno and everything in between, as long as it is done well and makes you feel something, I will give it a whirl.

Will deffo start listening to it though.
Let me know on this thread how you rate Planet Rock ? I'm firstly a rock fan but like you enjoy other genres. Sometimes it's down to the mood you're in I reckon.

skybluetony176

Let me know on this thread how you rate Planet Rock ? I'm firstly a rock fan but like you enjoy other genres. Sometimes it's down to the mood you're in I reckon.

I'd go with that. My roots are in Metal (all types), Punk and Indie but i can happily listen to most things. Even finding love for some of the newer stuff as my kids are getting to that age where they're starting to enjoy music, I struggle a bit with 1D, quite like Olly Murs and Katie Perry (the latter might not me totally music related though), also enjoying Take That Mk2 although i still struggle with most of Take That Mk1. Really liking some of the folk based stuff that's popular at the moment aside from the obvious Mumfords and Sons also First Aid Kit, Amy McDonald etc.

bringbackrattles

They've just played Headlong by Queen. Another track I haven't heard for years and it sounds great !

bringbackrattles

I'd go with that. My roots are in Metal (all types), Punk and Indie but i can happily listen to most things. Even finding love for some of the newer stuff as my kids are getting to that age where they're starting to enjoy music, I struggle a bit with 1D, quite like Olly Murs and Katie Perry (the latter might not me totally music related though), also enjoying Take That Mk2 although i still struggle with most of Take That Mk1. Really liking some of the folk based stuff that's popular at the moment aside from the obvious Mumfords and Sons also First Aid Kit, Amy McDonald etc.
As I've mentioned my first love is rock and metal but keep it to yourself I like listening to stuff from the 60's and not just the Beatles.I find myself enjoying tracks by : Amen Corner,Love Affair,Hermans Hermits and Dave Clark Five. And when I hear Spirit In The Sky by Norman Greenbaum I go : " they don't make records like that anymore !"

bringbackrattles

Hands up everyone who thought Spirit In The Sky was played on a synthesiser? I certainly did and I can remember a BBC radio show at the time (Scene & Heard) also claiming it was.
Whatever it was played on it is a cracking record. I remember it in the 70's being played in pubs and clubs and everyone loved it !

bringbackrattles

John Lennons birthday today he would have been 75. Wonder how his music career would have gone ? What a tragic waste of life though ended by a lunatic who still doesn't know why he did it. Still his music lives on.

Users who are viewing this thread