Best Record Ever Made ? (1 Viewer)

bringbackrattles

Yeah just, err, imagine......
I was going to write that myself but thought I'd get called insensitive and out of order ? I recently said to a huge Beatles fan in the pub that Lennon was the best Beatle and without him they were nothing.He wasn't amused as he reckoned McCartney was the man etc and I said : Imagine that as a joke and he went off in a huff.My mate said Ringo was the brains but he was pissed !

wingy

I was going to write that myself but thought I'd get called insensitive and out of order ? I recently said to a huge Beatles fan in the pub that Lennon was the best Beatle and without him they were nothing.He wasn't amused as he reckoned McCartney was the man etc and I said : Imagine that as a joke and he went off in a huff.My mate said Ringo was the brains but he was pissed !

Ringo definitely bagged the best bird.
There Is a track called "Do You Realise "
by the Flaming Lips If you didn't know you could almost swear that Lennon had penned It, great track by the way.

LastGarrison

I'm more of a Stones man anyway.

dancers lance

Let me know on this thread how you rate Planet Rock ? I'm firstly a rock fan but like you enjoy other genres. Sometimes it's down to the mood you're in I reckon.
So............any radio station that plays Thunderstruck, then Van Halen (why cant this be love) then Floyd (wish you were here) and then a great track by a band I have never heard of...gets a huge thumbs up in my book! Cheers for the tip!

dancers lance

Ringo definitely bagged the best bird.
There Is a track called "Do You Realise "
by the Flaming Lips If you didn't know you could almost swear that Lennon had penned It, great track by the way.
I was at Glasto a few years back and caught the last half of the Flaming lips on the Other Stage, 'Do you Realise' was the last track, (i'm not a massive fan) but that will go down as one of the greatest live music experiences of my life. I could have easily have been a track by Lennon, and one he would have been proud of.

vow

Scream and Shout - Will.i.am and britney. Only coz it gets me up to dance and i have a signature move to it too!

F.E.A.R. - Ian Brown

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
If you get a chance Dutch, give the album a listen. It's a classic!

bringbackrattles

Anyone heard of the Sleaford Mods ? Caught them on Jools Holland last week and as they're probably Marmite to some I reckon they're good. Two Nottingham lads who've been going for nine years but who have just got big in the last couple of years.
The lead singer is like a punk poet who swears a lot but is funny with it,and worth checking out. For a rock fan like me I'm surprised at how much I like their music, but it does grow on you !

these are my top 3

* Alright Now by The Free (released mid 70's)

* Bohemian Rhapsody by Queen (released 1975)

* Jailhouse Rock by Elvis Presley (released 1957)

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
Just to name a few

Don't fear the reaper - blue oyster cult
All along the watchtower - jimi herndrix
more than a feeling - Boston
Fly me to the moon - frank Sinatra
Kashmir - led zeppelin
Emerald - Thin Lizzy
Major Tom - David Bowie
Sabbath bloody Sabbath - Black Sabbath
Radar Love - Golden Earring
Mr Brighteyes - Killers
Babylon - David Gray
Killer Queen - Queen
Streets of London - Ralph Mctell
Will you love me tomorrow - Carole King
Speed King - Deep Purple
These Foolish things - Bryan Ferry

Last edited:

CCFCKirky

Best Rock/metal Album: Guns n Roses - appetite for Destruction or Metallica - The Black Album
Best Rock Single : Queen - Bohemian Rhapsody
Best Album: Phil Collins - Face Value
Best Single: Phil Collins - In the Air Tonight

bringbackrattles

Just to name a few

Don't fear the reaper - blue oyster cult
All along the watchtower - jimi herndrix
more than a feeling - Boston
Fly me to the moon - frank Sinatra
Kashmir - led zeppelin
Emerald - Thin Lizzy
Major Tom - David Bowie
Sabbath bloody Sabbath - Black Sabbath
Radar Love - Golden Earring
Mr Brighteyes - Killers
Babylon - David Gray
Killer Queen - Queen
Streets of London - Ralph Mctell
Will you love me tomorrow - Carole King
Speed King - Deep Purple
These Foolish things - Bryan Ferry
Some great tracks there my friend.From hard rock to more mellow tunes like Sabbath and Deep Purple to Carole King and Sinatra. Tapestry by Carole King is a classic album and has to be one of the best ever made.

bringbackrattles

I have tried my best with Sleaford Mods but can't get into it. I am not keen on the Nottingham drawl mind.
I said they're Marmite ! I'm surprised I like them myself as I'm more into Rock and Indie stuff.I just find Jason Williamson the singer fascinating and funny,and the way he puts it across is aggressive but humorous to. I'm a fan of John Cooper Clarke the poet and the Sleaford Mods remind me of his words etc. But I can see why they're not everyone's cup of tea though.

Johnnythespider

I said they're Marmite ! I'm surprised I like them myself as I'm more into Rock and Indie stuff.I just find Jason Williamson the singer fascinating and funny,and the way he puts it across is aggressive but humorous to. I'm a fan of John Cooper Clarke the poet and the Sleaford Mods remind me of his words etc. But I can see why they're not everyone's cup of tea though.
For me Mark E Smith of The Fall is in this vein, he has a completely unique style of delivery and his lyrics take a sideways look at the world.

Johnnythespider

Watching psychedelia at the BBC and I am putting forward the late Joe Cocker, " with a little help from my friends ". Can I also say I think it could make a great football song.

Users who are viewing this thread