Best Record Ever Made ? (1 Viewer)

skybluetony176

Where do you begin with this one? It's like being asked to pick your favourite child.

Here's a few.

White Rabbit
She sells sanctuary
Enter sandman
Snap your fingers snap your neck
Can't stop
Ace of spades
Back in black
Number of the beast
Iron man
Smack my bitch up

bringbackrattles

Where do you begin with this one? It's like being asked to pick your favourite child.

Here's a few.

White Rabbit
She sells sanctuary
Enter sandman
Snap your fingers snap your neck
Can't stop
Ace of spades
Back in black
Number of the beast
Iron man
Smack my bitch up
Some great picks there Tony your list would make a great rock album.I saw the Cult on the last night ever at the Birmingham Odeon and when they did She Sells Sanctuary the whole place shook !

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Bank Robber - The Clash. One of my all-time favourite tracks! (Especially the extended dub version!)

stupot07

So many great records, it's really difficult to pick a best ever, but one not mentioned so far "My Generation" by The Who.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Philosorapter

Song: The Last Resort - Eagles (American history lesson in itself).
Album: Original Sin - Pandora's Box (Great Concept Album) Butchered by so many artists.

Covstu

If it was songs that everyone could relate too, i would be looking at Wonderful World - Louis Armstrong or maybe Redemption song by Bob Marley

bringbackrattles

I should have called the thread Favourite Ever record as the best ever record is subjective. Stairway To Heaven has come top for years and even though it is a great song it isn't the bands choice as they rate Kashmir better.

Covstu

I should have called the thread Favourite Ever record as the best ever record is subjective. Stairway To Heaven has come top for years and even though it is a great song it isn't the bands choice as they rate Kashmir better.
its what you can relate to isnt it? my music was late 80's and 90's so tastes from Guns n Roses going through to britpop 90's. Still love the classics but they mean something different to me than they do if you 'lived in the era'.

On a similar note, we were having a discussion about musical eras and whether it be Britpop 90's, New romantics or rock 80's, 70's etc. They all had real identity but there is none of that now (unless i am getting old!), 00's was x factor esque but there is nothing of significance for ages unless i have missed it! Not saying there havent been good songs but not a 'following' like decades gone by.

bringbackrattles

its what you can relate to isnt it? my music was late 80's and 90's so tastes from Guns n Roses going through to britpop 90's. Still love the classics but they mean something different to me than they do if you 'lived in the era'.

On a similar note, we were having a discussion about musical eras and whether it be Britpop 90's, New romantics or rock 80's, 70's etc. They all had real identity but there is none of that now (unless i am getting old!), 00's was x factor esque but there is nothing of significance for ages unless i have missed it! Not saying there havent been good songs but not a 'following' like decades gone by.
Totally agree. I was brought up listening to the Beatles,Stones,Kinks,Troggs etc,and then got into hard rock stuff like Hawkwind,Sabbath,Deep Purple.But have enjoyed bands like the Doves,Stereophonics,Ash,Suede too. But there are good bands and music out there today,but what pisses me off about shows like X Factor is how some act can earn a big contract in a short space of time,when there are bands and artists who graft away for years with more talent but get overlooked.

krambo

An even more topical answer would be 'Life on Mars'.

Quite brilliant

That song grew on me when i watched the programme with the same name.John Simm & Phil Glennister were brilliant.
The follow up (Ashes to Ashes) was ok but nowhere near the standard without John Simm.

Last edited:

skybluelee

Somebody To Love - Queen (phenomenal vocal range by Freddie)
Imperium - Machine Head (the greatest metal track without a solo, bar none)
Everlong - Foo Fighters (when performed live acoustically)
Master Of Puppets - Metallica (the greatest metal song WITH a solo, bar none)

Malaka

Davidian: Machinehead
Children of the Grave: Black Sabbath
One: Metallica
Outlaw: The Cult
Bodies: the Sex Pistols
Rainin Blood: Slayer
Nightrain: Guns'n'Roses
Mouth for War: Pantera
Feuer Frei: Rammstein

that little lot will kick your arse and make your ears bleed!

bringbackrattles

Play that list full blast and it'll peel off the paint on the wall,crack your windows,and have the neighbour six doors down calling the police !

skybluetony176

Can't beat a bit of Pantera. RIP Dimebag.

Malaka

Best single....SEX PISTOLS-GOD SAVE THE QUEEN

Best Album... SEX PISTOLS-NEVER MIND THE B**LOCKS

I watched them in concert on Sky Arts and you can easily forget just how good they were. John Lydon was superb, the place rocked

bringbackrattles

Just got Planet Rock on and the Hairy Bikers are playing their records and never knew they had their own show on there. Tell you what they have good taste in music,don't watch there cooking shows but they should ditch that nonsense and concentrate on music instead !

Grendel

Just got Planet Rock on and the Hairy Bikers are playing their records and never knew they had their own show on there. Tell you what they have good taste in music,don't watch there cooking shows but they should ditch that nonsense and concentrate on music instead !
It's a Sunday show and repeated in the week. Yes they are really good at it.

Grendel

Pleasantly surprised as they certainly know their stuff. Where's your best or favourite track ? I'll take a guess at a Marillion track !

Well i suppose Fugazi is the track I've played the most.

As an album Crime of the Century by Supertramp actually is my favourite. I think every track is superb.

bringbackrattles

Well i suppose Fugazi is the track I've played the most.

As an album Crime of the Century by Supertramp actually is my favourite. I think every track is superb.
I know they get knocked for some reason but Genesis were good I thought.
On now is Mama which is brilliant.

dutchman

2059667_4.jpg

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
I know they get knocked for some reason but Genesis were good I thought.
On now is Mama which is brilliant.

Mama is one of my favourite tracks as well BBR. I have the extended version in my collection - 7min 25sec long. Brilliant!

Ranjit Bhurpa

An almost impossible selection, but Northern Lights by Renaissance has a certain appeal. Or maybe that was just Annie Haslam??

bringbackrattles

Mama is one of my favourite tracks as well BBR. I have the extended version in my collection - 7min 25sec long. Brilliant!
I reckon Phil Collins gets stick because he went all pop as Genesis in the 70's were a top rock band.Last night was the first time I'd heard Mama for years and it sounded great.We used to put it on the Acorn jukebox and half the pub used to shout out MAMA MAMA !

wingy

I reckon Phil Collins gets stick because he went all pop as Genesis in the 70's were a top rock band.Last night was the first time I'd heard Mama for years and it sounded great.We used to put it on the Acorn jukebox and half the pub used to shout out MAMA MAMA !

Yeah one of their many great tracks, sounds like he's got a nasty cough on It, sure there's an anecdote about that In oneg of the BBC4 documentaries on the band, can't for the life of me remember what that was though.0:)

Users who are viewing this thread