Butts Groundshare Update (5 Viewers)

Grendel

oucho

SISU lost their last appeal. http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/news/coventry-news/judgment-coventry-city-fc-owners-11324105
Either they can appeal the judgement to the European Courts or they can press on with the second Judicial Review they lodged about sale of Ricoh.

Actually they do not have to go to Europe, they have petition the Supreme Court to have them hear their appeal about the Court of Appeal verdict. Decision in a few months on whether that'll be permitted. If there is a "yes" in SISUs' favour, the Supreme Court appeal is not likely to be heard until 2017.

Nick

Administrator
I don't get the whole "council do nothing wrong" but then saying Millerchip won't work with us because it might cause him issues with the council.

Why on earth would it? If the council are going to refuse to work with people or bully them because they work with the club then it needs looking into doesn't it?

The legal stuff has nothing to do with him, yet again though people swallow it like when Wasps say it.

Otis

What about Allsop and Allsop?

You could have just posted the city of rugby / engage image as it explains it easier...

What has being in Coventry got to do with legal proceedings against the council? Does that mean I shouldn't go to games until they drop the legals incase the council put my tax up for it?
No, not at all, just pointing out the Coventry link with all the others having a problem with Sisu and Ticketmaster having nowt to do with Coventry.

Without asking Allsop and Allsop I don't know what their stance is. Maybe they just don't feel as strongly, who knows.

Bruce the Boot

And after all the replies , Nick, you are still working on conspiracy . The fact that the others have nt fell out and "talk" does nt mean they are all knifing Sisu , "together" Sisu are nt pleasant todo buisness with , hence nobody wants , has to , do anything with Sisu ... And how can anybody blame them .

Nick

Administrator
No, not at all, just pointing out the Coventry link with all the others having a problem with Sisu and Ticketmaster having nowt to do with Coventry.

Without asking Allsop and Allsop I don't know what their stance is. Maybe they just don't feel as strongly, who knows.

It is almost as if you wouldn't want to believe it has anything to do with the whole city of rugby / engage stuff?

chiefdave

What I don't get is how this is bigger news than 7 people arrested in Coventry this year for terror offences...
Priorities! Just goes to show what gets the most clicks and therefore the most ad revenue.
It just needs a journalist to say "why?" "How does it affect you?"

The noise coming from the actual rugby club was actually quite serious wasn't it? As in it seemed a bit more than what if?

But it's millerchip who isn't having any of it, makes you wonder why?
Odd, the chap who has links to CSF and Wasps getting involved to block the football club. :mad:

The current owner of CRFC certainly seemed keen so why are more questions not being asked about why its being blocked and what any issues between CCFC and CCC have to do with Millerchip.

I was listening to CWR on the way home last night and it was being spun as the new ground plan having collapsed as SISU refused to attend peace talks with CCC. I don't recall any talks being offered or scheduled by CCC.

Nick

Administrator
And after all the replies , Nick, you are still working on conspiracy . The fact that the others have nt fell out and "talk" does nt mean they are all knifing Sisu , "together" Sisu are nt pleasant todo buisness with , hence nobody wants , has to , do anything with Sisu ... And how can anybody blame them .

That still doesn't answer any questions though does it? It also doesn't answer the question of what is the court case to do with him?

SISU aren't being knifed, the club is. Something that people seem to miss in all of this.

Jon Sharp seemed quite keen to work with the club didn't he?

Nick

Administrator
I was listening to CWR on the way home last night and it was being spun as the new ground plan having collapsed as SISU refused to attend peace talks with CCC. I don't recall any talks being offered or scheduled by CCC.

Ah all over CWR as well? I did say a couple of days ago something would be coming out soon ;)

I wonder why they are going all out over something we already knew, it is almost like they are trying to prove a point about something?

Still, one of them needs to ask "what is the court case to do with you?".

Why does this stuff we already know warrant the massive exclusive coverage as well as a video in the broom cupboard made?

And people say there are no PR games ;)

Bruce the Boot

SISU aren't being knifed, the club is. Something that people seem to miss in all of this.

HOW many times does it have to be pointed out to you that Sisu "are the club" If they are nt why are they getting involved with court cases , its nothing to do with them ? As you ve pointed out about other people ?

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
reading this again it seems to be situation normal still ............. everyone making excuses not to talk.

http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/news/coventry-news/coventry-city-ground-share-butts-11477087

and no progress on anything anywhere

You would have to say the condition from Millerchip to stop legals is unusual, might be a reasonable hope but not sure it is any real grounds for Millerchip to end the CCFC project. Now if he said he simply doesn't want to deal with them and he has other plans that might have been better,

From a CRFC point of view it will be interesting to see who the other interested parties are that Millerchip brings to the table for discussions in September ............... CCC and CSF perhaps?

Nick

Administrator
reading this again it seems to be situation normal still ............. everyone making excuses not to talk.

http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/news/coventry-news/coventry-city-ground-share-butts-11477087

and no progress on anything anywhere

You would have to say the condition from Millerchip to stop legals is unusual, might be a reasonable hope but not sure it is any real grounds for Millerchip to end the CCFC project. Now if he said he simply doesn't want to deal with them and he has other plans that might have been better,

From a CRFC point of view it will be interesting to see who the other interested parties are that Millerchip brings to the table for discussions in September ............... CCC and CSF perhaps?

Looks more like Millerchip isn't going to allow it because of the court cases to me? CCFC and Cov Rugby were talking weren't they?

Wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if it's kept within the circle, still people wouldn't notice it.

Still strange nobody questions what any legal stuff has to do with him, still we can all shout SISU SISU over and over.

This article was put out for a reason, it is being pushed for a reason. In reality it isn't actually new news, but it is being pushed like it is earth shattering news.

Is something else going to come out shortly? Is this the lead up to have everybody looking at SISU?

Otis

It is almost as if you wouldn't want to believe it has anything to do with the whole city of rugby / engage stuff?
Nick, I don't know why you keep hitting people with a big stick. ;) Everyone is different in this world and I am just more measured in my thinking.

I have never said what you and others believe is wrong, I just have a problem with a few things and I am always very reasoned in my thinking and don't normally go for any knee jerk (not saying that's you here).

I am very much of the Guardian TV ad ilk from years back. Called The Whole Picture. Don't know if you recall it but there's a menacing skin head bloke seemingly chasing someone down the street as if they are going to harm them or rob them.
When it is played out though the skinhead is actually pushing a bloke out of the way because of some building cement bags that are about to drop on his head.

Well, that's me. I am just always reticent to just assume or conclude without more substance.

You're right, it does look like their is the possibility that sides could be conspiring together, but we just don't know that 100%.

I have no problem with people saying that is what it appears to be. I DO have a problem though with people saying that IS what it is.

Please stop banging me over the head. :) I am what I am and I am always seeking the truth and my mind is still undecided on this one. I always try and be rational and reasoned though. There are things that don't seem to make sense here.

This is why I want journalists to go out there and do their job.

You are not going to change my mind just by keep saying it is whacking me right in the face, trust me. ;)

We need more information and I really want Sisu to drop the legal action (basically because I don't think they will ever win anyway) and have them call Millerchip's and Wasps' bluff.

If Sisu came out today and said we have dropped the legal action and then immediately approached Millerchip I would love to see that reaction.

Nick

Administrator
It isn't that you don't believe it, it is that people fail to even acknowledge it (you have now)..

You are more forgiving and I am more cynical, I know that :)

and being cynical, this is probably going to be part of a "look at sisu while we do something" tactic again... As it was with the academy news.

Bruce the Boot

Still strange nobody questions what any legal stuff has to do with him, still we can all shout SISU SISU over and over.

Answer me this , Nick , you keep saying CCFC and Sisu are 2 different " things" Why are Sisu getting involved then ?

Nick

Administrator
Perhaps he doesn't want the money he's put into cov going down the swanny just a thought

Would think he would be happy to see SISU pay up when they lose...

Still, if people are that fussed about the money going into Cov they should probably take issue with the arms and the bloke who runs the council on a stupid wage working somewhere else. The list goes on....

Otis

It isn't that you don't believe it, it is that people fail to even acknowledge it (you have now)..

You are more forgiving and I am more cynical, I know that :)

and being cynical, this is probably going to be part of a "look at sisu while we do something" tactic again... As it was with the academy news.
I am incredibly forgiving. Big fault of mine and I know I can be 'too nice.'

I'm sure deep down there is also a part of me who just doesn't want to believe the council would set out to hurt this football club.

I wish the CT would investigate. They want more people to buy their paper, then I couldn't think of a better way to do it.

Their circulation would go up enormously if they started to have some front page headlines with 'proof' of what is going on.

I know they are not the Washington Post, but surely they can get beneath the skin of this thing can't they?

Nick

Administrator

I'm sure deep down there is also a part of me who just doesn't want to believe the council would set out to hurt this football club.

I wish the CT would investigate. They want more people to buy their paper, then I couldn't think of a better way to do it.

Their circulation would go up enormously if they started to have some front page headlines with proof of what is going on.

I know they are not the Washington Post, but surely they can get beneath the skin of this thing can't they?

You would think so.

All it takes is "what is the legal case to do with you and why does it stop it"?

Unless they are scared they end up out the door as well ;)

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

Would think he would be happy to see SISU pay up when they lose...

Still, if people are that fussed about the money going into Cov they should probably take issue with the arms and the bloke who runs the council on a stupid wage working somewhere else. The list goes on....
I think his reason was bullshit he just doesn't want Cov to be involved with SISU not fact just my opinion

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director

Is something else going to come out shortly? Is this the lead up to have everybody looking at SISU?

Ok you have dropped enough hints ................. what else, what have you heard, who from, or what is your best guess?

Bruce the Boot

I am no legal expert, but I thought anybody could raise a JR? Hence SISU are doing it and not CCFC?

It is quite clearly different between SISU and CCFC, most fans can see that.

Well in that Case ........Mr Millerchip , CCC, CSF , Wasps and uncle Tom cobbly can do what they like , as they see fit , without "Conspiracy"

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

Why wouldn't he just say that though? It would be much more understandable.

He doesn't own Cov Rugby though does he? Is that his call?
Don't know the first the second he's a major benefactor as regards Cov plus owns the lease to Butts so I think that would make him important to the club wouldn't you?

OffenhamSkyBlue

Their circulation would go up enormously if they started to have some front page headlines with 'proof' of what is going on.

Not if they are too closely aligned.
Why do you think the only stories criticizing CCC (in stuff utterly unrelated to CCFC/Sisu) come from the Observer? And from Shane O'Connor before he was shamefully removed from his breakfast slot at CWR? Because they are willing to challenge CCC, not just kowtow to them.

Nick

Administrator
Ok you have dropped enough hints ................. what else, what have you heard, who from, or what is your best guess?

I haven't heard anything and don't know anybody.
I am just going off patterns, might sound weird but you can usually tell. I could well be wrong and probably will be :)

Nick

Administrator
Why do you think the only stories criticizing CCC (in stuff utterly unrelated to CCFC/Sisu) come from the Observer? And from Shane O'Connor before he was shamefully removed from his breakfast slot at CWR? Because they are willing to challenge CCC, not just kowtow to them.

Exactly.

The fact the council's head of PR openly says to take advantage of bad journalism is telling...

Otis

Please don't tell me Shane O'Connor was removed because of CWR's pro council stance!

We are in grassy knoll territory here me thinks. ;)

chiefdave

Coventry City Council - Coventry.
Wasps - Coventry (hate saying that. :( )
CSF - Coventry
Higgs - Coventry
Thing is those groups are all very much linked. And now you have Millerchip, linked to CSF and Wasps, causing problems.
Yet those not connected, even when based in Coventry, manage to deal with the club with no problems. Was there any issue with their shop at Gallacher, the offices on Lockhurst Lane, with Allsop & Allsop, Midrepro, NSL, C&W Chamber of Commerce, Combe Abbey or CRFC?

Users who are viewing this thread