Butts Groundshare Update (2 Viewers)

OffenhamSkyBlue

Not if they are too closely aligned.
Why do you think the only stories criticizing CCC (in stuff utterly unrelated to CCFC/Sisu) come from the Observer? And from Shane O'Connor before he was shamefully removed from his breakfast slot at CWR? Because they are willing to challenge CCC, not just kowtow to them.
Here's an example from the Observer website yesterday http://coventryobserver.co.uk/news/revealed-coventry-councillors-eateries-breaching-planning-rules/

Nick

Administrator

OffenhamSkyBlue

Please don't tell me Shane O'Connor was removed because of CWR's pro council stance!

We are in grassy knoll territory here me thinks. ;)
No, Otis, I didn't mean to imply that, and apologies if my wording gave that impression.
It was shameful that they removed the only decent presenter who was willing to ask questions that councilors found it tough to answer. To be replaced by an hour long discussion of the menopause, using yesterday as an example.

Captain Dart

Actually they do not have to go to Europe, they have petition the Supreme Court to have them hear their appeal about the Court of Appeal verdict. Decision in a few months on whether that'll be permitted. If there is a "yes" in SISUs' favour, the Supreme Court appeal is not likely to be heard until 2017.

OK, I took my info from a CT article, maybe they're wrong, whatever SISU do time is running out for them. Rock & hard place, they're at the mercy of people they've pissed off.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
The team on the pitch, CCFC, is very much separate to SISU would not argue otherwise

However the whole system of finance, company structure, major decisions including major sales and purchases, long term agreements, loans, etc that supports that or ie the final say is controlled from one place, ....... in Kensington High Street. To think otherwise is quite naiive

Bruce the Boot

The team on the pitch, CCFC, is very much separate to SISU would not argue otherwise

However the whole system of finance, company structure, major decisions including major sales and purchases, long term agreements, loans, etc that supports that or ie the final say is controlled from one place, ....... in Kensington High Street. To think otherwise is quite naiive

Well there one then Are nt they .

Brylowes

Well I for one am glad the Butt's has been put to bed, only ever a bargaining chip
For SISU, and I for one would have been less than pleased to move into a 7000
Seater Stadium if it was ever serious.
Now it's gone, so another corner of the rug is pulled from under them, if and its a big IF
They have any intention of taking the club forward. They should cut the legal's and get
Round the table with the people who are in the positions that can help the club.
If they can't do that they should 'fuck off"

MusicDating

Euro 2016 Prediction League Champion!!

I'd suggest it is in some people's interest to try and get people to always think of SISU when they think of CCFC. Easier to bury bad news then eg the academy...

Nick

Administrator
I'd suggest it is in some people's interest to try and get people to always think of SISU when they think of CCFC. Easier to bury bad news then eg the academy...

Exactly, it makes people think that it is SISU getting damaged. So they are all high fiving the council / Higgs getting one over on SISU even though the club is damaged.

oldfiver

And you know this how?

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director

Wouldn't disagree but still doesn't change the reality of who actually has the final say for Otium & SBS&L

oldfiver

Answer me this , Nick , you keep saying CCFC and Sisu are 2 different " things" Why are Sisu getting involved then ?

Involved in what?

Millerchip is trying to involve SISU but why? If there is such anti-SISU feeling why try and get them engaged when "CCFC" is trying to act on its own merit.

Astute

Exactly, it makes people think that it is SISU getting damaged. So they are all high fiving the council / Higgs getting one over on SISU even though the club is damaged.

So true.

If anything comes good like a cash bonus from selling a player goes to SISU. When anything bad happens it is normally our football club that sufferers.

And not only that but like when we are told we needed 12,000 to break even. But when it is time to sell a player they tell us that they got the numbers badly wrong all season. So they would have to keep an undisclosed signing fee to keep us going.

How many believe that?

bradwellskyblues

it may be wrong but the simple fact is the powers that be in coventry wont deal with sisu and until they leave and sell the club is going nowhere,i am not offering an op ion just stating the blindingly obvious

Nick

Administrator
it may be wrong but the simple fact is the powers that be in coventry wont deal with sisu and until they leave and sell the club is going nowhere,i am not offering an op ion just stating the blindingly obvious

Millerchip isn't a powers that be though is he?

MusicDating

Euro 2016 Prediction League Champion!!
Ah all over CWR as well? I did say a couple of days ago something would be coming out soon ;)

I wonder why they are going all out over something we already knew, it is almost like they are trying to prove a point about something?

Still, one of them needs to ask "what is the court case to do with you?".

Why does this stuff we already know warrant the massive exclusive coverage as well as a video in the broom cupboard made?

And people say there are no PR games ;)

Maybe a dead cat strategy?...

‘To understand what has happened in Europe in the last week, we must borrow from the rich and fruity vocabulary of Australian political analysis. Let us suppose you are losing an argument. The facts are overwhelmingly against you, and the more people focus on the reality the worse it is for you and your case. Your best bet in these circumstances is to perform a manoeuvre that a great campaigner describes as “throwing a dead cat on the table, mate”.

‘That is because there is one thing that is absolutely certain about throwing a dead cat on the dining room table – and I don’t mean that people will be outraged, alarmed, disgusted. That is true, but irrelevant. The key point, says my Australian friend, is that everyone will shout “Jeez, mate, there’s a dead cat on the table!”; in other words they will be talking about the dead cat, the thing you want them to talk about, and they will not be talking about the issue that has been causing you so much grief.’

http://blogs.spectator.co.uk/2015/04/is-the-tory-trident-row-an-example-of-a-dead-cat-strategy/

bradwellskyblues

he has control over the butts future so to that extent he idoes, sisu need friends in positions of influence they just dont have any in coventry

Nick

Administrator

‘To understand what has happened in Europe in the last week, we must borrow from the rich and fruity vocabulary of Australian political analysis. Let us suppose you are losing an argument. The facts are overwhelmingly against you, and the more people focus on the reality the worse it is for you and your case. Your best bet in these circumstances is to perform a manoeuvre that a great campaigner describes as “throwing a dead cat on the table, mate”.

‘That is because there is one thing that is absolutely certain about throwing a dead cat on the dining room table – and I don’t mean that people will be outraged, alarmed, disgusted. That is true, but irrelevant. The key point, says my Australian friend, is that everyone will shout “Jeez, mate, there’s a dead cat on the table!”; in other words they will be talking about the dead cat, the thing you want them to talk about, and they will not be talking about the issue that has been causing you so much grief.’

http://blogs.spectator.co.uk/2015/04/is-the-tory-trident-row-an-example-of-a-dead-cat-strategy/

Pretty much. It happens over and over!

Brylowes

You cant believe that surely, if SISU's actions or anyone else's were damaging SISU why would
Anyone care, it's because SISU's actions damage the club we love .
Do you think SISU should be able to do what they want, always be given what they want and
Never be pulled up on anything ever, because they own the club.

OffenhamSkyBlue

cf "The elephant in the room" ... the blindingly obvious thing that everyone can see but on-one will talk about!

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
surely CCFC is a tool used by all sides in a bitter power struggle for their own agendas and is therefore damaged by all sides

It is only the fans that have the highest hopes expectations desires etc for CCFC - and even they are divided

Nick

Administrator
You cant believe that surely, if SISU's actions or anyone else's were damaging SISU why would
Anyone care, it's because SISU's actions damage the club we love .
Do you think SISU should be able to do what they want, always be given what they want and
Never be pulled up on anything ever, because they own the club.

Have I said they can do what they want or can't be pulled up on it? The thing is, the amount of made up stuff actually dilutes the stuff they actually do wrong so that alone diverts the attention while people are shouting about Mowbray saying this etc.

It seems like that is the standard response, meanwhile everybody gets excited when Higgs, CSF, Council or Wasps get one over on SISU... I remember how happy people were about how PWKH got one over on SISU with that clause he put on.

They are the ones with the free pass, as people refuse to see anything at all being anybody other than the club or SISU in the wrong. Sometimes if they start seeming to, they read a headline in the telegraph and then don't see it ;)

Bruce the Boot

surely CCFC is a tool used by all sides in a bitter power struggle for their own agendas and is therefore damaged by all sides

It is only the fans that have the highest hopes expectations desires etc for CCFC - and even they are divided

Find that a very strange comment ! What power have CCFC/SISU .....got ...........?

Nick

Administrator
Just like your conspiracy theories about everybody else !

Really?

Like what? The fact they are all linked?

How many claims about CCC etc do you hear that are as extreme as the ones we hear about the club or SISU?

How many people from SISU have come on here with the sole intention to start rumours about the other parties?

Bruce the Boot

Really?

Like what? The fact they are all linked?

How many claims about CCC etc do you hear that are as extreme as the ones we hear about the club or SISU?

How many people from SISU have come on here with the sole intention to start rumours about the other parties?

Blimey its hard work , The point is your side of the argument is the same as what your arguing against , your views are no more "yours" than anybody else s are "theirs" But you seem hell bent on proving everybody else wrong , when you cant . The actions of Sisu are fact , the actions of the others are just a conspiracy theory .

stupot07

Summed up beautifully

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Captain Dart

Answer me this , Nick , you keep saying CCFC and Sisu are 2 different " things" Why are Sisu getting involved then ?
I feel they are only different when it suits.

Grendel

Yep, he owns the land, so if anyone wants to build on it, it has to go through him.

No he doesn't own the land.

oldfiver

Yep, he owns the land, so if anyone wants to build on it, it has to go through him.

The land is owned by CCC
The headlease is owned by Millerchip
The rugby club has a long underlease for the pitch and existing buildings. Millerchip can do nothing on this part without rugby club approval

Users who are viewing this thread