Match Thread Cardiff City (A) (1 Viewer)

coop

I take a clean sheet. Whatever the result.

Not much is made of this but, we've conceded the first goal 17 times so far this season.
And Saturday was the first game we have scored in both halves that's an unbelievable stat.

Terry_dactyl

All set. Going to a cardiff pub in Canton, 5 mins from the ground, and meeting up in the same pub after the match.
I’ve tried to convince Mrs D to support us for this one as realistically their season is over. She’s not having any of it.
I’ve also been trying to get as many of my cardiff supporting mates to join me for a few pints. Win or lose this could be really stupid on my part.

For the record I think we’ll lose.

Sky Blue Harry H

All set. Going to a cardiff pub in Canton, 5 mins from the ground, and meeting up in the same pub after the match.
I’ve tried to convince Mrs D to support us for this one as realistically their season is over. She’s not having any of it.
I’ve also been trying to get as many of my cardiff supporting mates to join me for a few pints. Win or lose this could be really stupid on my part.

Just say 'There's lovely, didn't we' every other sentence, and any strangers will assume your a Cardiff fan. My mum's side of the family are all Welsh, and the Rhondda Valley has been part of my life since I was born. A Welsh 'second cousin?
who was in the army is a big Cardiff fan, and took me to Wales v England at Ninian Park. Hairy wasn't the word!!

Johhny Blue

And Saturday was the first game we have scored in both halves that's an unbelievable stat.
We're still waiting. Peterborough was an own goal and one after the 45. The first goal against Reading was also after the first 45

Grendel

We have to win to get back into a race for 6th place - it’s inconceivable we won’t beat Barnsley so it’s a vital few days

Cov kid 55

Just say 'There's lovely, didn't we' every other sentence, and any strangers will assume your a Cardiff fan. My mum's side of the family are all Welsh, and the Rhondda Valley has been part of my life since I was born. A Welsh 'second cousin?
who was in the army is a big Cardiff fan, and took me to Wales v England at Ninian Park. Hairy wasn't the word!!
I went down to Ninian Park with my wife for the FA Cup game, what, 15 years ago? We were walking to the ground, with a group of lads behind us saying ’I can smell the fucking English’.

lord_garrincha

We're still waiting. Peterborough was an own goal and one after the 45. The first goal against Reading was also after the first 45
I remember working in a bookies when at uni and a geezer came up with a Scotland to beat (I think) Belgium betting slip when the score was 2-2 (Belgium equalised in injury time).

"But it was 2-1 after 90 minutes play"

He was promptly told to fuck off!

wantageskyblue

Off to this , anybody else on here going .

Think we will win 2-0

1100 city in attendance
I’ll be there too as it’s one of the nearer games for me. 1st time watching us at Cardiff. Hopefully we’ll be a lot better than we were Saturday regardless of who is missing.

Sky Blue Harry H

it’s inconceivable we won’t beat Barnsley

Barnsley 1-0 QPR
Luton 2-1 Barnsley
Huddersfield 1-0 Barnsley
Barnsley 0-1 Cardiff
Barnsley 0-1 Bournemouth

Last 5 games have all been very close, and they have no midweek fixture after their victory over QPR.
Hamer missing, potential injuries tomorrow against Cardiff etc.
I think it's got the potential to be a slog. Really can't afford to concede first.

Terry_dactyl

I have been dragged along to a few cardiff games over the years. The only one I’ve ever been interested in is cardiff vs Swansea…I hear they’re ‘lively’. My father in law hates “the fucking jacks” and wants to come along to our away game there. He’ll be the one shouting the loudest and invading the pitch.

Greggs

Your surname is really Dactyl?

robbiethemole

I have a couple of Cardiff supporting mates from Bridgend and Taffs Well, we met up at the Insole before games

JeffB

When you think a struggling Birmingham have an 8 nil scoreline against Luton whilst we are currently 5 nil in deficit with another game to go it seems futile makng any kind of prediction with certainty in the Championship this season. Having said that we usually have one absolute horror result every season so I am going for a 0-1 win against Cardiff. All talk of a play off place being back on the agenda only for the abysmal Barnsley to do the double over us claiming a third of their current points total against us. Need;ess to say I hope I am completely wrong, and I probably will be, but over 50 years supporting Cov does this to a a man.
Having said this I am immensely proud of the progress we have made and the style of football we have played this season and I could not imagine supporting anyone else.

Last edited:

steve cooper

A win tomorrow would put in a great position, just a couple of points outside the playoffs with game(s) in hand over Huddersfield and Blackburn and several of the chasing pack.
Blackburn in freefall ATM.

skyblue025

The only + about Games missing the game is there will be fresh legs in midfield. Hopefully Allen. Any news from Godden on a likely return?

Covkid1968#

Nobody likes the JB’s do they, Jack bastards
I do…. Followed Swansea for years as a 2nd club. Up to the point where they passed us and went to the premier league. Been to some great Cardiff Derby games. A few used to come and watch us in return.

Sky Blue Harry H

Think tonight and Saturday will be equally hard. Obviously don't want to lose either, but O don't think 4 points in total will be too bad, That is partly because I've convinced myself we're going to win at Bristol City next Tuesday. If so, that would be 3 wins in 4 (assuming we win one of these next two).

Sky_Blue_Daz

Gyokeres to score and a 1-0 to the mighty sky blues

Users who are viewing this thread