Match Thread Charlton Athletic vs. Coventry City Match Thread - Saturday 6th Oct (3 Viewers)

mark82

Irrespective of the stupid errors we keep making, and lets face it we're in L1 players will make errors, we can't keep missing these chances. Its happening every game, we're not even testing the opposition keepers.

There's only so long you can just rely on the fact that it will come good at some point.

5 shots, Zero on target.

Evo1883

Thought charlton were on top ,we have little going forward just 1 sitter , they look dangerous and we look scared to go beyond the halfway line.
Getting fed up travelling for us to just sit deep and try and nick a goal

Nick

Administrator
Thought charlton were on top ,we have little going forward just 1 sitter , they look dangerous and we look scared to go beyond the halfway line

They move the ball really well. Always looking for gaps to play their strikers in.

Sky Blue Harry H

Annoying thing is they hadn't pulled us apart that half (which I thought they might). As others have said, we need to take chances when they appear. In my head I had written today off, and anything we got was a bonus. I really want our injured players back. Might as well really go for it second half, as we have nothing to lose.

Liquid Gold

JCH turns up on sky against Sunderland but is shit every other week. I'd bin him off in Jan, not worth the time and effort. It's clear Robins likes a target man and was fucked when Biamou got injured and didn't have anybody else to play the role.

Gint11

0 shots on target first half. Absolute joke. We either aren’t shooting or we are SHIT at shooting. I know which one it is.

Nick

Administrator
JCH turns up on sky against Sunderland but is shit every other week. I'd bin him off in Jan, not worth the time and effort. It's clear Robins likes a target man and was fucked when Biamou got injured and didn't have anybody else to play the role.

Dont think he's won a header or completed a pass yet.

Paxman II

Kelly having an excellent game tbf. Pity he is now on a yellow. Bayliss needs to have more impact but you can see what he brings. The problem up front is the pace or lazyness of JCH to react and there is a cavern between JCH and Chaplin when they should be playing off each others shoulder. We have just given them the impetus they needed so it has become more difficult We have to come out full on and get an early goal.

Evo1883

They move the ball really well. Always looking for gaps to play their strikers in.
They are hugging the lines and dragging our wide men out leaving gaps everywhere , I saw that from minute 5 and robins has done nothing to counter it , they were a much better side than us if not for some good defending and saves we’d be 4 down

stevefloyd

Just finished watching 1st half iplayer slow as over here.... fucking Brown is garbage give me Stokes anyday even if he was slow....
Got to drink more beer now to get back to a decent mood

Nick

Administrator
Kelly having an excellent game tbf. Pity he is now on a yellow. Bayliss needs to have more impact but you can see what he brings. The problem up front is the pace or lazyness of JCH to react and there is a cavern between JCH and Chaplin when they should be playing off each others shoulder. We have just given them the impetus they needed so it has become more difficult We have to come out full on and get an early goal.

What has Bayliss brought so far? I think the runs from our half fool people.

Him and Thomas have been anonymous along with JCH.

Kelly got booked for being behind the game, it's taken him out of the game now. He was playing really well the first 20 minutes.

Nick

Administrator
They are hugging the lines and dragging our wide men out leaving gaps everywhere , I saw that from minute 5 and robins has done nothing to counter it , they were a much better side than us if not for some good defending and saves we’d be 4 down

They love the diagonal ball as well, open us right up.

Evo1883

But let’s be honest , Chaplin is missing sitters every game and it’s the difference between 0 points and potentially 3. .
Must start scoring asap, it’s fucking us

Nick

Administrator
But let’s be honest , Chaplin is missing sitters every game and it’s the difference between 0 points and potentially 3. .
Must start scoring asap, it’s fucking us

Exactly, all is said is "it will come". It really is costing us. Chaplin scores and it's a completely different game where they have to come at us (even more than they are).

Then JCH can slow the game down, it doesn't matter like it does when we are chasing the game.

stevefloyd

I agree JCH is so bloody slow and lazy...we need someone hassling their defence into errors...midfield too deep and slow to support the attack and how much room has their player got on the left !!... the goal we scored looked as though the keeper spilled it but yet again the over protected lesser species get over the top protection grrrrrrrrrrr

Evo1883

The more this season is going on I can see the quality difference between us and most established league 1 sides .
Better on the ball and do the basics .
We will have to try and settle for staying in this league and build,sadly we are further away than I thought we were

Legia Sky Blue

I don't think Kelly has done much at all and has been anonymous for much of the half. That said only Burge, Davies and Willis can hold their heads up after that half so he isn't alone. Just hope we can raise our game in the 2nd half.

Evo1883

Ogogo needs game time , he’s an established league 1 player , we can’t keep sticking with league 2 players

Nick

Administrator
January might be crucial for us.

Midfield is continuing to be a big problem.

Is Kelly and Doyle are sitting, Thomas and Bayliss need to attack. That means off the ball runs as well to support the strikers.

Again it's just 1 player in the box against 4 of theirs all the time.

Grendel

Well done robins. He spends weeks chasing a goal scorer - in the meantime signs two players who aren’t good enough to play - and now his big signing is looking like a dud.

Nick

Administrator
No matter where they get the ball on the pitch, within a couple of seconds we are under pressure.

Our ball retention going forward is awful again, same as midweek. Far too slow.

Their defence under no pressure at all, just that Chaplin chance. JCH hasn't won anything.

Users who are viewing this thread