Club Shop (1 Viewer)

RegiswasGod

Their's actually very little in either shop, unless you are looking for triple xxxx, stock hasn't been arriving for months prior to administration.
Sportingtouch a Nuneaton company who supply SBTC with Hummel kits have been struggling to supply many order's for months.

That's like xxxxxxxxxxxxl. Fucking huge 😉

SkyBlueUkeman

I usually wait till the end of the season to buy the shirts so a bit gutted that I literally won't be able to this time (unless its the size of a duvet)

Ash

a39eb0ba3e5be7a3df774b6f562ab5e5.jpg

Taken from the FB page. Haven’t seen it mentioned on here, but a shame if it’s to permanently go from the city centre!

SBT

Heads up everyone - the piss-up in the club shop brewery has been CANCELLED, I repeat….

Irish Sky Blue

I was going to go into the shop after the game today as I wanted to buy a programme as there is an article in there today on walking football. I forgot to buy one before the game but didn’t envisage a problem with the shop. Unfortunately, the shop was out of bounds straight after the game as the infamous barrier was in place and you couldn’t get through. I spoke to the stewards manning the barrier and was told there was no access until the away fans were away from the stadium. I took this to mean, at least on their coaches.
I understand safety has to be the primary concern at any event. I also understand that the morons who don’t know how to behave properly have caused measures to be taken. (Whether the ‘measures’ are correct or over the top is another matter).
It seems that the club is being forced to take actions that cause it to economically shoot itself in the foot. I’ve never seen another club where you can’t get into the shop immediately after a game. We waited for a few minutes but with no sign of the barrier being moved, we gave up and started for home. How many other people will do exactly the same, head for home instead of spending money on the club.? There has to be a better system surely?

chiefdave

I was going to go into the shop after the game today as I wanted to buy a programme as there is an article in there today on walking football. I forgot to buy one before the game but didn’t envisage a problem with the shop. Unfortunately, the shop was out of bounds straight after the game as the infamous barrier was in place and you couldn’t get through. I spoke to the stewards manning the barrier and was told there was no access until the away fans were away from the stadium. I took this to mean, at least on their coaches.
I understand safety has to be the primary concern at any event. I also understand that the morons who don’t know how to behave properly have caused measures to be taken. (Whether the ‘measures’ are correct or over the top is another matter).
It seems that the club is being forced to take actions that cause it to economically shoot itself in the foot. I’ve never seen another club where you can’t get into the shop immediately after a game. We waited for a few minutes but with no sign of the barrier being moved, we gave up and started for home. How many other people will do exactly the same, head for home instead of spending money on the club.? There has to be a better system surely?
If you still want one you can order them online:

Kilclines curly mullet

Every point you raise is totally valid

FYI moving forward, the shop doesn’t sell the programmes so its probably a good job that you didn’t continue to wait.

letsallsingtogether

They could fence off the bottom part of the ramp and put in another one at the Exit allowing fans to enter the shop from the stairs.
There is always a way if you really what one.
Just move the existing fencing they already have, would cost you nothing but might get you an extra few quid.
They really have no clue how to try and make some money.
Even before all this the choice in the shop was very poor, The one they had in Gallagher retail park was by far the worst.

chiefdave

They could fence off the bottom part of the ramp and put in another one at the Exit allowing fans to enter the shop from the stairs.
There is always a way if you really what one.
Just move the existing fencing they already have, would cost you nothing but might get you an extra few quid.
They really have no clue how to try and make some money.
Even before all this the choice in the shop was very poor, The one they had in Gallagher retail park was by far the worst.
We've had this discussion before but it seems everyone but the safety group can see the stupid fence causes more problems than it solves.

chiefdave

Ah, didn’t know this. Seems a bit strange, Coventry City shop doesn’t sell Coventry City programmes.
When I used to get a programme ever game I found it was surprising tricky if you forgot to get one from one of the sellers outside, or as often happened they'd run out. You'd think it was a pretty basic thing to make them easier to purchase, even the little shop on the concourses didn't sell them

Probably because the shop is outsourced to one company and the programmes to another but you wouldn't think that was a problem that was impossible to sell. Sometimes it seems like the club don't want our money, how often have you seen a 50/50 ticket seller for example

Nick

Administrator
When I used to get a programme ever game I found it was surprising tricky if you forgot to get one from one of the sellers outside, or as often happened they'd run out. You'd think it was a pretty basic thing to make them easier to purchase, even the little shop on the concourses didn't sell them

Probably because the shop is outsourced to one company and the programmes to another but you wouldn't think that was a problem that was impossible to sell. Sometimes it seems like the club don't want our money, how often have you seen a 50/50 ticket seller for example
Is 50/50 still a thing?

chiefdave

Is 50/50 still a thing?
I only realised it still existed when there was a post on the website that they were changing the way the tickets were sold. I kept an eye open at the next few games and never saw a single ticket seller. Also looked for the results and judging by the prize amount they sell about a quarter of the tickets Blaze do despite having a crowd about 10 times the size

Another thing for the list of either do it properly or don't bother

Macca1987

Anyone seen anything of their orders yet. Bit concerned mine went out to EVRI and got spun around three times before being sent back to the retailer (allegedly)

shepardo01

Anyone seen anything of their orders yet. Bit concerned mine went out to EVRI and got spun around three times before being sent back to the retailer (allegedly)
Got two orders outstanding. No despatch email yet. Emailed club yesterday and reply stated that despatches were taking place yesterday and today to get items out by Christmas.
Honestly not holding out much hope and will be very disappointed of/when they do not arrive.
If they have been spun round by Evri, that is usually them, not the sender.

Fingers crossed for you/us!!

Users who are viewing this thread