Match Thread Coventry City - Crewe Alexandra Match Thread - Saturday 30th Sep (1 Viewer)

suts

but Beavon played his part in the team today that won ?

As you said yourself
Grendel, are you a Grouch?

and beavon made a difference when he came on
He set a couple up against a stretched team already losing. Personally I'm glad he got injured when he did - we wouldn't have won 3 on the bounce with him in the team.

Otis

but Beavon played his part in the team today that won ?

As you said yourself

and beavon made a difference when he came on
Yep, exactly. You can see Grendel is finding it incredibly difficult to conjure up any praise.

I think we should maybe only give Beavon a 5 today, because he was of course up against a stretched, losing defence.

If he had scored I think maybe it should have only counted as half a goal.

dazed&confused

With Nazon on international duty next week and so not available for the Walsall and Barnet games, our remaining non-scoring strikers Biamou, McNulty & Beavon will have every chance to prove us sceptics wrong.

Greggs

Nazon makes difficult chance look easy, McNutly makes easy chances look difficult

ready_96

Very happy today. Played well and limited them to two or three short spells where they looked like scoring.

It's all looking good, be interesting to see what happens if a few offers come in for certain players in january. Youve got nazon going back to wolves, will we get him back?

My main worry is injuries. Jones is getting little to no protection from league 2 refs. Plus doyler is taking a few knocks as he puts himself about.
I think we now know this team is good enough to go up, its just about can we last a full season and if we cant, can we sign replacements that will make the difference and keep us playing the way we can.

Adge

So you think that will be a factor.
Shall I go or not because it will cost me extra £2. I don't think so.
Just get your bum up there and have a half less beer tonight if you are skint.
I was in the corporate area today. Lucky for me I can afford it-again though some people can't/won't pay £26 to watch 4th division football and they would be right.

Irish Sky Blue

Highly decent performance. Strong at the back again. Doyle and Kelly axis working nicely. I'm becoming a huge fan of Kelly.

My own view (probably not popular on here) is that Beavon as the inside forward could be vital to this team. Links up play nicely with the midfield axis. Intelligent footballer who seems to have a good technical understanding with Nazon and Jones. That's the best forward combination in my book; Beavon in a slightly withdrawn role playing in the danger men.

Kelly-Evans was just ok first half (looked a little lightweight) but grew into the game late on as he shifted into more of a central position. I do generally like the pace he brings on the opposite side to Jones.

Grimmer and Stokes improving game by game as I see it. Confidence is looking ever higher game by game across the whole team.

What to say about Jones and Nazon. They just have the x-factor. Jones is providing key assists every game and has be the most valuable player on form in the league. Nazon is very skilful and powerful.

I think we are very close to seeing our best team/formation. Although looking to see some more of McNulty though over the next few weeks. Haynes at left back would also add to our attacking pace although again Stokes is looking increasingly solid.

Plenty to look forward too. And great job Mark Robins. Not every signing has paid off but McDonald, Grimmer, Kelly, Doyle, and Nazon have all been outstanding additions. That's a high success rate. I'm also seeing now why he kept Beavon. And Jones is completely transformed. PUSB.
I thought Beavon looked very sharp when he came on Got us going again after a stalled second half.

Liquid Gold

1-0 flattered Crewe and their fan. 3 wins in a row feels great. Next home game if you're that worried about the price I'll give you £2 you tight gits.

Irish Sky Blue

Don't agree Grendel. I don't see Beavon as an effective lone striker. But I do see him as being highly effective just in the hole behind the front man and linking play with our midfield axis. He's a really intelligent footballer and is on the same wavelength as our danger men - Nazon and Jones. This comes from someone who was unsure as to why Robins had kept him on. I get it now. I see Beavon in the withdrawn striker role playing a huge part this season.
I agree. I think he has played better when he hasn't been the main striker. It gives him the chance to link play more. He did that at Cambridge and again when he came on today.

Nick

Administrator
Did anybody else notice Doyle take their player out off the ball? Was quite bad but the ref was nowhere to be seen.

Nick

Administrator
They had done their homework, as they doubled up on Biamou every time (Especially throw ins).

They would both have hold of his shirt as well.

Big shout to the bloke who shouted "fuck off biamee" not realising his name because he didn't win a header.

Otis

Did you see Biamou at half time? Having a right old go at the officials. All the rest of the players from both sides had left the pitch, but Biamou stayed out there and argued with the ref all the way back to the tunnel.

Adge

Did you see Biamou at half time? Having a right old go at the officials. All the rest of the players from both sides had left the pitch, but Biamou stayed out there and argued with the ref all the way back to the tunnel.
Yep.

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

Yes...one day the ref will spot it and he will be straight off

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes that's what Doyle does , as he did at Swindon ! he's the sort of player you hate playing against .
That's what was lacking in are midfield last season . Love him or hate him he does a job for the team !

Otis

It's something we've lacked. We have been far too lightweight and dare I say it, too nice.

He's an 100% battler and also chipping away at players and getting in faces and nicking the ball off the opposition. He's all non stop action and that is to be commended and more importantly, it is what has been needed.

CCFCSteve

Did anybody else notice Doyle take their player out off the ball? Was quite bad but the ref was nowhere to be seen.

Typical Doyle payback. Think the guy had taken him out earlier which the ref missed. My brother and I just looked at each other as if to say 'he'll take care of that himself'. Sure he'll be caught out at some point this season but good to have someone who looks after themselves and the team. Had another good game today I thought.

letsallsingtogether

Typical Doyle payback. Think the guy had taken him out earlier which the ref missed. My brother and I just looked at each other as if to say 'he'll take care of that himself'. Sure he'll be caught out at some point this season but good to have someone who looks after themselves and the team. Had another good game today I thought.
Doyle good game!!
How dare you;)

steve82

I think maybe McNulty and Biamou. Biamou is winning aerial balls and with McNulty and Beavon you don't get that.

McNulty could feed of Biamou flick ones quite well. Biamou seems to have made a bit of a difference to the balance of the team.

I agree, I'm not concerned that nazon will miss the Barnet game. Biamou and McNulty for me will be just fine. McNulty has shown he's quite intelligent in his positioning and will feed off Biamou nicely who is growing in confidence.

JulianDarbyFTW

Best thing about the way Doyle does his dirty work is that he manages to look innocent. The Swindon sending off, he clearly kicks the player, then acts with rage for a split second when he gets pushed in the face, then calmly walks away. He doesn't get in their faces while the ref is looking, while the opponent can't seem to control his anger and then looks like the aggressor. Very clever at what he does.

better days

Best thing about the way Doyle does his dirty work is that he manages to look innocent. The Swindon sending off, he clearly kicks the player, then acts with rage for a split second when he gets pushed in the face, then calmly walks away. He doesn't get in their faces while the ref is looking, while the opponent can't seem to control his anger and then looks like the aggressor. Very clever at what he does.

From Swindon manager's comments afterwards I fear we may not have heard the last of that incident

Terry Gibson's perm

Yep, exactly. You can see Grendel is finding it incredibly difficult to conjure up any praise.

I think we should maybe only give Beavon a 5 today, because he was of course up against a stretched, losing defence.

If he had scored I think maybe it should have only counted as half a goal.

It should count for two if Beavon scores as it is the only way he would get to four goals in a season

Ranjit Bhurpa

From Swindon manager's comments afterwards I fear we may not have heard the last of that incident
The same Manager who didn't employ similar whilst he was at Bury? I still remember the injustice when we were mugged there 2-1 a couple of years ago.
As others have said, we have been nicey nicey in midfield for too long and whether you view it as professional or cynical, it's another 3 pts and on to the next game.

Terry Gibson's perm

Did he play well yesterday or not? ;)

He ran around as usual and didn't look like scoring again, but he did put the ball through to Nazon?

Overall average as always I really think that Robins needs to sit him down and explain to him that he is allowed to go in the box, he now has one league goal in his last twenty three games since the start of last season.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread