Coventry City FC's bid for half of Ricoh Arena firm rejected (2 Viewers)

Moff

Thank god the club have fans on the inside who can genuinely help the club 'they love' and see over their hatred of SISU, you know like Ann Lucas and PWKH.

No wait a minute.........

(Its a joke before anyone goes off on one - the irony being that SISU's actions have destroyed the good faith of those who purport to love the club but now I feel have been blinded by their hatred of them so much cant seperate the actual club, CCFC, from SISU)

Last edited:

RoboCCFC90

I don't think they hate the club, but I do think they hate SISU. Like a few others, I think that's clouded their judgement on this. As for planning permission in the city for a new stadium, whether the council are for it or against probably won't make much difference - it will be a long, hard road and likely finally decided by someone above and outside CCC.

Maybe so Duffer, unfortunately this situation impacts the Club more than it will Sisu.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mattylad

We definitely need to move Jimmy Hill this time as well!! They can put a statue of Lawrence Dallaligo selling coke up instead.

torchomatic

Probably not as soon as your excuses for the Council.

What shocking news! How long before the excuse for everything that goes wrong is 'we tried to buy the Ricoh but they wouldn't sell it to us'?

mattylad

These treacherous arse holes should all be ran out the city for what they have done to CCFC - SISU and Minions, Ann Lucas and her council numpties, AEHC including its balloon shape making clown Peter Knatchbull-Hugessen...none of you have the best interests of the people of Coventry at heart.

SkyBlue_Bear83

These treacherous arse holes should all be ran out the city for what they have done to CCFC - SISU and Minions, Ann Lucas and her council numpties, AEHC including its balloon shape making clown Peter Knatchbull-Hugessen...none of you have the best interests of the people of Coventry at heart.

Clearly none of them are arsed about having a football club, SISU might as well cut us loose and put us down.

skybluetony176

Only what was expected. What next is the big question. Not only for the club but also SISU. Surely to continue on the same path they've been travelling on makes less sense now than it ever has done?

rupert_bear

Who is surprised ? nobody surely, Fisher's pathetic announcement that "we have made a generous offer" was just that, pathetic. With his continued mantra "we are still looking to build our own stadium" any offer was doomed, and he knew it, so lets await his next speech and more importantly SISUs next move in this whole sorry saga. Unlike many on here I don't see a 100% Wasp ownership as the beginning of the end for our club, but that one day in the future we will have decent owners, for once, who will strive to acquire a stake in the arena. I have my doubts that a sisu owned ground would have benefited the team, only Ms Sepalla and friends.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
Hopefully we will be given a more detailed reasoning as to why the bid was rejected.

It would be interesting to know what the content of both bids were but unlikely we will be told. In particular I would be interested to see the conditions and legal demands included in the bid relayed by Appleton and of course the difference between the two bids.

Ownership of part of ACL is gone, not what I wanted to see but it is where we are. We as a club now have to move forward, no more of this uncertainty, blame game and legal shenanigans. We build our club up from here, or we sit around wringing our hands blaming all and sundry.

If that's a new ground so be it (I still don't see it, but if that's the choice then CCFC fans must and will have to support it). If they are going to build there is no real reason the land purchase can not be completed and the site made public. There after they must put forward a business plan that convinces the fans it will work. They will need to get the fans on board with it, no more silly secrecy games. Proper inclusion and partnership not lip service through things like the SCG

If the solution is to stay at the Ricoh then CCFC need to develop long term partnerships with ACL and its new owners, then to commit to it. That word partnership again. This club needs stability and certainty. There are income streams that the club can acquire an interest in at the Ricoh, they could even put on their own events etc, the club could commit to a longer lease/licence at the stadium with rights to certain incomes built in etc.

There are options but more than ever the owners of CCFC have to secure a clear way forward for the club, one that is stable and commit to it. One that is focussed and solely about CCFC

Decision time.

Last edited:

SIR ERNIE

Who is surprised ? nobody surely, Fisher's pathetic announcement that "we have made a generous offer" was just that, pathetic. With his continued mantra "we are still looking to build our own stadium" any offer was doomed, and he knew it, so lets await his next speech and more importantly SISUs next move in this whole sorry saga. Unlike many on here I don't see a 100% Wasp ownership as the beginning of the end for our club, but that one day in the future we will have decent owners, for once, who will strive to acquire a stake in the arena. I have my doubts that a sisu owned ground would have benefited the team, only Ms Sepalla and friends.

Well said. completely agree.

mattylad

Fisher has said the club won't be commenting at this time but will make an announcement once it has considered the news.

torchomatic

Nice speech.

Even if we did have "decent" owners in the future, why on earth would Wasps relinquish a 50% stake in the Arena to them? Why wouldn't they want all the pie for themselves?

Wheelfass

So it really is time to move on and secure a ground of our own (maybe on the Higgs centre site after someone probably torches it over the weekend!!) To be honest it will be a far better atmosphere in a smaller ground than the Ricoh which lets face it unless you are in the block 14,15 or 16 is life less.
I doubt that SISU will put their hands in their pockets and build a new stadium but if they did and it was one yard outside the city boundary it would, for many, be one yard too far and attendances would be back to Shitfields proportions with the atmosphere to match.

CCFC PimpRail

Can't change owt that is in the past, as for the future I think nothing will happen immediately, but towards the middle of next year when numbers have settled down and assuming ccfc stay up, I'd expect to see either a start on the new stadium or sisu chucking the towel in and selling. But who would buy...? Wasps would seem to be a good bet...

Sick Boy

I presume that the guy with the double-barrelled surname doesn't post on here any more anymore because his internet connection is still down?

oxymoron

Nice speech.

Even if we did have "decent" owners in the future, why on earth would Wasps relinquish a 50% stake in the Arena to them? Why wouldn't they want all the pie for themselves?

i guess because the ricoh with just wasps playing might not generate enough revenue.

skyblueinBaku

Fisher has said the club won't be commenting at this time but will make an announcement once it has considered the news.

Thus giving their lawyers time to figure out the grounds for litigation.

Sick Boy

I doubt that SISU will put their hands in their pockets and build a new stadium but if they did and it was one yard outside the city boundary it would, for many, be one yard too far and attendances would be back to Shitfields proportions with the atmosphere to match.

Good. At least we'd be rid of those who have been looking for an excuse for years to fuck the club off.

The clubs needs its own stadium now.

torchomatic

Well, PWKH, Lucas and their councillor cronies should have thought of that then, shouldn't they, before handing out a 250 year lease to the out-of-towners. Hopefully, Wasps will go tits up with the rest of them before too long.

i guess because the ricoh with just wasps playing might not generate enough revenue.

Sick Boy

You're either delusional or clutching at straws. Face it, the Ricoh dream has gone. It's not our stadium, never has been and never will be. We need to move on and build our own ground and make sure sisu actually do it.

oscillatewildly

I've heard sisu are offering a cut price ticket bundle package for the public gallery of the appeals court. More details to follow soon.

Dhinsa's_Millions

#BatteredinCourt

I am beginning to think that SISU will just pull the plug and write it all off. There isn't much to gain out of this now surely. If they can't service the payments made to ARVO each year then why continue with it. To them it was a get rich quick scheme to get up into the Premier League that went wrong and quickly switched to Freehold ownership of the Ricoh as a means to make their quick buck. Now as neither option is in sight why are they bothering with us?

mattylad

But if they locate a site in Coventry and CCC turn down planning permission as they surely will because they need CCFC to be a tennat at the community asset it has just sold to an Irishmans Maltese based hedge fund then why not support a stadium in Bedworth or Bagington or Ansty..none of which are unreachable and all of which free the club from the control of CCC who lets face it are far more bothered about a London Rugby Club.

torchomatic

No, it's the fault of them all. Every single last one of them from SISU, Ranson, Fisher, PWKH, Lucas, Mutton and the Councillors who like clapping seals who went along with the Wasps decision.

Blah, blah, blah, It's the Councils fault Sisu are a bunch of Snakes nobody will jump into bed with etc, etc....

Last edited:

mattylad

No, it's the fault of them all. Every single last one of them from SISU, Ranson, Fisher, PWKH, Lucas, Mutton and the Councillor clapping seals who went along with the Wasps decision.
A lot of Ego's not fit to manage the most simplest of business transactions...I would sack the bloody lot of them if they worked for me.

Sick Boy

#BatteredinCourt

I am beginning to think that SISU will just pull the plug and write it all off. There isn't much to gain out of this now surely. If they can't service the payments made to ARVO each year then why continue with it. To them it was a get rich quick scheme to get up into the Premier League that went wrong and quickly switched to Freehold ownership of the Ricoh as a means to make their quick buck. Now as neither option is in sight why are they bothering with us?

Why would they just cut their losses? If they can run the club near to break even then they will think that if they sit on it that one day things could turn out well. We will just be a small part of their overall portfolio.

Ian1779

It's no real surprise is it. We probably all hoped somehow it could get done, but in reality knew it was a done deal from the start.

Litigation - I'm not so sure.... where does a JR appeal even stand now given the changes of ownership?

Realistically we are left with the idea of a new stadium. So pressure has to be on SISU to ensure it gets built, and CCC to ensure they do nothing but support it happening.

Dhinsa's_Millions

It may be 'Everyone's' fault to an extent but it is massively weighted against SISU when apportioning blame. They need to put the plans for a new stadium up before the end of the year or just get out of town!! Anything else is costing them money! I don't agree that the 'club' being cost neutral means they are not losing money because of this venture.

Sick Boy

It may be 'Everyone's' fault to an extent but it is massively weighted against SISU when apportioning blame. They need to put the plans for a new stadium up before the end of the year or just get out of town!! Anything else is costing them money! I don't agree that the 'club' being cost neutral means they are not losing money because of this venture.

If you listen to the fundamentalists on here they would have you believe that SISU are in actual fact 'pocketing' millions in cash.

In reality they probably are losing money through the club but they are probably making it up elsewhere on their portfolio.

Sick Boy

There is no excuse as to why the stadium can't be built inside the city now.

No there isn't. I'm sure that CCC will try and do everything in their power to stop it though. It seems as though they see the football club as a blight on this city.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
nothing more than a personal opinion but I cant help thinking that the bid was almost certain to fail. I think its fairly certain that Wasps wanted 100% and that CCC/AEHC were of a mind to sell them that. But I cant help also thinking that the timing, content and terminology of the CCFC liquidator bid was somehow designed to fail too.

One thing is absolutely certain is that it did not have to be like this. CCC have questions to answer I feel, The FA have questions to answer, others played their part but none were custodians & owners of CCFC, and it was those custodians who made the decisions for CCFC. I am left feeling emotionally drained & flat about CCFC because of what has gone on, because of the decisions taken for our club....... I really hope it can not get worse......

Users who are viewing this thread