Coventry City FC's bid for half of Ricoh Arena firm rejected (2 Viewers)

covboy1987

No surprise, hope Wasps fall flat on their faces. Ricoh will look sick for 2k at a Rugby game.

No one cares about this club except for the fans, and even a lot of them don't care anymore. Don't even see the point in continuing tbh
think they will get on near 30,000 every game

stupot07

think they will get on near 30,000 every game

419efc22febac9d14e796bc57aa536e3.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

letsallsingtogether

Christ, that was one meeting. I never said anything to anybody to keep it quiet that I remember.

What about the others that are in double figures ;)
Tbf you never told me to keep it quiet wait till I see you again :)

dongonzalos

Christ, that was one meeting. I never said anything to anybody to keep it quiet that I remember.

What about the others that are in double figures ;)

I don't think anyone was told to keep it quite.
They just did for a few days until one person mentioned it.
Bit bizzare really.
But hey ho each to their own.

Macca

Frankly they are welcome to the boring plastic dull piece of shit. It will be bulldozed for a Hyperpoundshop within a decade. I'll watch some rugby while it lasts and some football while it lasts

rondog1973

Will Wasps fail? ............ from what I can see then there is no reason to be sure of that

Income levels - well yes Wasps will have access to all the income streams. In addition there is a premium to some of those income streams because it is a successful Premiership Rugby team as opposed to a struggling L1 football team (wasn't it mentioned somewhere that additional sponsorship had been attracted because of the Wasps Ricoh deal?). The non sporting side is well established and recognised. The comments that ACL is failing by some do not seem to be being bourne out. At Adams Park they received very little other than ticket sales apparently not the case at the Ricoh. The spend per head of a rugby crowd is significantly higher than a football crowd....... etc

Costs - Will Wasps pay any rent at all? that could be a saving. If crowds are not big then parts of the ground will be shut. There is no costs associated with segregation of fans. Policing and stewarding costs can be reduced to minimum health & safety levels. Are there many evening kickoffs if not then the costs of power for instance are reduced.Plus the rents to other stadium users contribute to the pitch maintenance In theory what they need to cover in terms of cost on the sporting side is probably reduced.

Losses - well yes they did show losses in recent years but that was before the takeover and before the above changes. Their biggest contribution to losses will be players & staff wages and that it would seem is controlled. So are losses guaranteed ? That's before adding in any profits from the non sporting side.

Value - well that has just increased hasn't it? They have a 250 year lease. There is a top complex hosting premiership & European rugby. the main sporting club is likely to become profitable and the non sporting side has been in all but the first year since it started.

The idea that it will fail seems to hinge on crowds being low - I would suggest that is not at all certain. In addition there is support for the cost of such a situation because of the access to non sporting incomes.

It is very galling to think that all that and more should have been CCFC's ..... place some blame on the ACL stakeholders as you want to or not, but the over riding reason why it is not is the fault of successive owners and directors of CCFC (in which ever company that the club sat or sits):mad:
Amen.

RegTheDonk

Amazing! You accuse Fisher of not telling the truth!

WHAT ABOUT ANN LUCAS & CCC?

What about ACL?

What about WASPS?

Could say a lot more but can't be bothered with people who can't see the wood from the trees. PUSB

RFC, please feel free to delve through my posts and see where I've licked the bums of any of those you've mentioned above. They ALL have let CCFC down. But your almost sycophantic belief in SISU and their minions is blinding you to the main culprits of where we find ourselves today.

dongonzalos

Not really, the moronic responses from some justified it entirely.

That's a shame, i cant remember them getting abuse. to be honest though those who went seem to swat people off like flies on here. They don't seem the I am bothered by comments by others type if people.

Grendel
Nick
Letts

Seem like strong characters to me.
You must admit it was surprising that after a few days to discover after they met with our owners and discussed the future of our club that nobody bothered to share it.

As I say each to their own :)

James Smith

I presume that the guy with the double-barrelled surname doesn't post on here any more anymore because his internet connection is still down?

Or because the legals with the JR haven't finished, he's possibly been advised by the lawyers advice not to make comments on here. Not saying that's what has happened just it's a possibility.

dongonzalos

It's a shame really it was nice to get the truth every now and then.
Very few went at him like vultures but most people appreciated him taking the time to explain things.
Hopefully like you say when the JR finishes. PWKH comes back in and just ignores the odd idiot

Last edited:

covmark

It's a shame really it was nice to get the truth every now and then.
Very few went at him like vultures but most people appreciated him taking the time to explain things.
Hopefully like you say when the JR finishes. PWKH comes back in and just ignores the odd idiot
Jesus Christ. People like you were a God send for him. Lapping up his every word like some sad little puppy. Finger firmly jammed on the like button.
Open your eyes ffs.

Users who are viewing this thread