Coventry City FC's bid for half of Ricoh Arena firm rejected (2 Viewers)

Sick Boy

It's grim that some people hate SISU so much that they're glad to see the club completely fucked over yet again purely because it's another loss for SISU. This club is going nowhere under SISU but with the glass ceiling of Wasps owning 100% of the Ricoh now hanging over us we're pretty much screwed for the future. Cheers CCC, ACL, Higgs, SISU and Wasps.

Exactly. Those who hate sisu more than they love ccfc should fuck off.

Woodster

That's it then - done, dusted, finito.

If the club is ever going to properly progress we need to own our own ground, for the first time I think I now see it as the preferable option. Delve into the root causes of the majority of our issues on the playing side and they'll surround FPP.

I've obviously got no idea like the rest of us whether what TF says is balderdash and poppycock - but if by any stroke of luck we can source a site within the bounds of the city and create a half decent facility then I think this is the right way forwards. Obviously if they want to take us 10 miles out of the city that flips on it's head and I'd rather be Wasps slaves at the Ricoh, turning minimal profit and relying on youngsters!

AndreasB

Sisu/Ccfc could have been in the same position.as Wasps are now 7 years ago.

Obviously SISU thought no one else would want the Ricoh so could use that fact as leverage to get it for nothing. Makes you wonder why CCC, Higgs, CCFC fans and now Wasps won't deal with Sisu ... Surely ??

Because they are just as bad as them...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Lurker

Ranson didn't think it was worth it.

Besides, i'm sure there would have been outrage if sisu, a hedge fund, had acquired the stadium. There's been few complaints about Wasps owning the ground because their owners are honest and saints and they are owned by a hedg....oops.

back in 2007 when they were looked upon as the saviours no one would have blinked an eye lid if sisu had purchased the ricoh. since then they have made one bad decision after another. attendances have dropped by more then 50% and we've been playing in Northampton. they used us ccfc as a way of a quick buck and top own a stadium on the cheap but it didn't workout for them. they backed the council/acl into a corner and the council reacted wrongly but with their reasons

torchomatic

Mary_Mungo_Midge

Sorry for this basic response but

F*CK OFF

Sisu, Seppala, Fisher, Waggott, CCC, Lucas, Wasps, Higgs and not forgetting Appleton.

One of the better responses of the day; I think.

My head is spinning with all this right now; so can anyone remind me - if the company in administration had the first option on this share, why didn't it exercise this option before Wasps came along?

If the answer is obvious, please forgive me; there's too many twists and turns for me to exactly recall them all.....

Senior Vick from Alicante

There is no excuse as to why the stadium can't be built inside the city now.

I think you will find SISU et al will provide the excuses. Which ever way you look at it SISU have had the chance and fucked it up and destroyed relationships with the significant stake holders. Their fault no one else's.

skybluetony176

You're either delusional or clutching at straws. Face it, the Ricoh dream has gone. It's not our stadium, never has been and never will be. We need to move on and build our own ground and make sure sisu actually do it.

I don't know how you can call others delusional and then spout this line in the next breath.

ccfcway

we didn't own any of the ricoh when it was built, we didn't own any of it yesterday and we don't own any of it today.

whats changed ?

Warwickhunt

or wait until WASP go into administration and our beloved owners try to get it on the cheap - as Fisher said they are playing the long game and the New stadium promise is the excuse

ajsccfc

“We recognise that this announcement might raise concerns amongst the fans of Coventry City Football Club. Wasps remain committed to building a long term and mutually productive relationship with the club and its supporters.

Peter Knatchbull-Hugessen, Clerk to the Trustees for The Alan Edward Higgs Charity, said:

“The Trustees are pleased that the Arena project is in good hands and that the business will continue to grow and diversify to promote further regeneration in Coventry which will provide more jobs and boost prosperity in the City. The Charity appreciates the contribution to its work as part of Wasps real and tangible commitment to the community.”

Well, I'm satisfied.

ccfcway

Wasps ---- "one of the stands being renamed "Higgs Stand" and money donated for each ticket sold in that stand to Higgs charity"

RoboCCFC90

Dear The Charity,

You can fuck right off, you haven't done this for the City of Coventry, the Ricoh Arena business, the Club, the fans or the people of the City, you have done this for your own pockets.

Many Thanks

Robbo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

italiahorse

The council will be putting up barriers and obstacles around every corner for the new stadium, remember they hate the club.

..... and every fan needs to do the same.

Sisu will build a new small stadium and we will rent it off them.
FFS SISU negotiate a deal on rental and incomes and stop pratting about.

torchomatic

That we never EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER will.

we didn't own any of the ricoh when it was built, we didn't own any of it yesterday and we don't own any of it today.

whats changed ?

chiefdave

whats changed ?

The prospect of future ownership. Of course we could always buy it off Wasps but that seems unlikely unless they hit financial problems. While it was owned by CCC / Higgs it was always hoped / expected that as some point the club would take ownership, that now seems highly unlikely.

AFCCOVENTRY

Jesus...just to rub it in we can see why Sisu failed to gain the Higgs share...

They didn't say if they would rename the North stand to Higgs!

torchomatic

I'm filling up.

Wasps ---- "one of the stands being renamed "Higgs Stand" and money donated for each ticket sold in that stand to Higgs charity"

torchomatic

Well, I can't see Wasps relinquishing any of the 100% stake, can you? So you tell me how we will. Or do you mean in the year 2265 when the lease is available again?

how can you say that ?

Nick

Administrator
Wonder what the difference was in the 2 bids. To be fair we knew what would happen from the start didn't we?

Hobo

It is no surprise, it was an up hill task once Wasps were on the scene. Unfortunately SISU haven't sounded convincing about this bid they made. Wasps were the people they had to convince to get it over the line and in my opinion continued to make the wrong noises.

As ever we are left wondering what the SISU game plan is?

Well we have a rental agreement for a few years and allegedly plans for a new stadium?

However if we continue this downward slide, another couple of years and ground sharing at The Butts would not be out of the question.

The other option would be to buy Broadstreet Rugby Club; they certainly have the land and aren't opposed to selling grounds, as their history shows.

Bill Glazier

Well that's that. SISU should go now - there's nothing left for them and they deserve nothing but contempt. I wouldn't be surprised if they leave very quickly. Someone will pick up the pieces of our fantastic proud, old club and start again. For now we'll be tenants but, reading some of the histories of our club in the earliest days, it's clear we had to move grounds at least twice; it can happen again. CCC has lost all moral right to object to a new ground in the city, and fans should not vote for any councillors who do object.

PLAY UP SKY BLUES!

SkyBlue_Bear83

nothing more than a personal opinion but I cant help thinking that the bid was almost certain to fail. I think its fairly certain that Wasps wanted 100% and that CCC/AEHC were of a mind to sell them that. But I cant help also thinking that the timing, content and terminology of the CCFC liquidator bid was somehow designed to fail too.

One thing is absolutely certain is that it did not have to be like this. CCC have questions to answer I feel, The FA have questions to answer, others played their part but none were custodians & owners of CCFC, and it was those custodians who made the decisions for CCFC. I am left feeling emotionally drained & flat about CCFC because of what has gone on, because of the decisions taken for our club....... I really hope it can not get worse......

I don't think SISU ever expected it to be accepted, maybe they have a real plan?

Users who are viewing this thread