Coventry City Ladies. (1 Viewer)

James Smith

Would also expect it will bring an end to the promotion the trust did on behalf of the ladies team.

What happens if and when we get new owners if they are big supporters of womens football and start a new womens side under the Coventry City banner with the full backing of the club? I suspect in most peoples eyes they would be the primary womens side in the city.

They couldn't call the team Coventry City Ladies Football Club though from what I've read.

Grendel

Surely the advantages shouldn't need explaining to you do they? Are you that short sighted?

There are no advantages. Not one.

Shakeitup

Still not hearing these advantages...

Playing Devil's advocate here... could raise the profile of CCFC in general with females or families. The whole point of being a sports club would have arisen at grass roots level to give people a.means to keep fit and this evolved in to entertainment. I guess supporting Cov means we stay fit...by screaming our heads off at how shite some of the play was. Not sure if it is classed as entertainment!

Covstu

If it gives them a better chance of success then go for it. If this was the men's game we would be hearing the 'franchise', 'sell out' bell ringing right about now.

i couldn't really care to be honest on this one.

lifeskyblue

I think a really strong club builds from the youngest to a senior team. In modern times this includes a girls to ladies approach as well as boys/men. We have taken a backward step. Going to Northampton destroyed part of the clubs standing with the community so does this in my opinion

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ian1779

Although I'm surprised you can see some benefit to the ladies team.

They can't use the Ricoh, as it's already used by 2 teams plus they probably can't afford it. Long term it may work better for both of those clubs to groundshare.

Would CCFC fans really be happy with budget meant for CCFC being diverted to the women's set up?

LJC_CCFC

Although I'm surprised you can see some benefit to the ladies team.

They can't use the Ricoh, as it's already used by 2 teams plus they probably can't afford it. Long term it may work better for both of those clubs to groundshare.

Would CCFC fans really be happy with budget meant for CCFC being diverted to the women's set up?

No and if it was you'd get a thread titled: "Fucking SISU Fucking money Fucking Women Fucking SISU"

Grendel

Ones with female genitalia? Women. You do know what women are don't you?

But I'm confused. There isn't a ladies team in Coventry so which community are you referring to?

Grendel

You're telling me that there isn't one single ladies team in Coventry? You are confused.

So you are not referring to Coventry Ladies then. Which team do you think the club should help and why?

skybluetony176

So you are not referring to Coventry Ladies then. Which team do you think the club should help and why?

They should have helped CCFCL. It ties in with the wider community and helps engage females from the Coventry and Warwickshire area engage in football which will inevitably lead some of those to go to the Ricoh to watch CCFC. The club in recent years has broke traditional ties with the community not least Higgs and now CCFCL. You're the first to moan that the local community doesn't support the team. This has to work both ways. You have to speculate to accumulate.

Grendel

They should have helped CCFCL. It ties in with the wider community and helps engage females from the Coventry and Warwickshire area engage in football which will inevitably lead some of those to go to the Ricoh to watch CCFC. The club in recent years has broke traditional ties with the community not least Higgs and now CCFCL. You're the first to moan that the local community doesn't support the team. This has to work both ways. You have to speculate to accumulate.

So what you are saying is a team that had the name "Coventry" in it should be viewed as representing Coventry even if it no longer plays there?

skybluetony176

So what you are saying is a team that had the name "Coventry" in it should be viewed as representing Coventry even if it no longer plays there?

You tell me. You went to Northampton to watch Coventry City Football Club play "home" games.

I also said Coventry and Warwickshire which is what I personally see CCFC and any associated women's or youth team representing.

Grendel

You tell me. You went to Northampton to watch Coventry City Football Club play "home" games.

I also said Coventry and Warwickshire which is what I personally see CCFC and any associated women's or youth team representing.

Well it's you that said it so I assume that's your view.

Out of interest why that team - why not say Coventry Copswood. Wouldn't the same argument apply to them?

stupot07

Hang on, so if Tim builds a ground outside the city boundary but in Warwickshire, you'd be fine with that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Grendel

Hang on, so if Tim builds a ground outside the city boundary but in Warwickshire, you'd be fine with that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

He definitely thinks that team would still be part of the Coventry community so I guess Stratford would be fine.

armybike

If they do build it'll be outside Coventry as their investors have said they won't invest in the city.

Last edited:

Grendel

If they do build it'll be outside the Coventry as their investors have said they won't invest in the city.

That will be fine by Tony

skybluetony176

If Tim builds a ground. Yeah good one. If you're going to try and catch someone out at least try and do it with reality. It doesn't work otherwise.

Grendel

Were we talking about a different CCFC Ladies, sorry ex CCFC ladies.

So you say support the franchise team that moved out of the City of its name for financial benefit and not the one that until last season remained in Coventry?

skybluetony176

So you say support the franchise team that moved out of the City of its name for financial benefit and not the one that until last season remained in Coventry?

If you're going to ask me a question you're going to have to do it in as a straight question not in a nonsensical 321 Dusty Bin style. I quite literally don't understand what you just asked.

Grendel

If you're going to ask me a question you're going to have to do it in as a straight question not in a nonsensical 321 Dusty Bin style. I quite literally don't understand what you just asked.

Ccfc ladies Fc made a conscious decision to move location outside of Coventry for financial gain.

So why support a franchise club that has moved for that reason?

Conversely if the interest is purely in local community engagement and you think support a women's team is a priority (I don't) why wouldn't you channel that into the team who tried to tough it out and remain in Coventry?

Grendel

The other point regarding this, of course, is that given Copswood have out manoeuvred the team they expressed a desire to play in Coventry.

Wasps have told them they are not permitted to use the Ricoh.

Oddly no one seems to mind that.

skybluetony176

Ccfc ladies Fc made a conscious decision to move location outside of Coventry for financial gain.

So why support a franchise club that has moved for that reason?

Conversely if the interest is purely in local community engagement and you think support a women's team is a priority (I don't) why wouldn't you channel that into the team who tried to tough it out and remain in Coventry?

Haven't they just gone back to the location where they had always played before being invited to play at the Ricoh at the start of last season?

I take it that in the unlikely event that SISU do build a new stadium because it's all about the revenues outside of Coventry as promised you're going to stop following CCFC?

Grendel

Haven't they just gone back to the location where they had always played before being invited to play at the Ricoh at the start of last season?

No

Grendel

Are you sure? I thought the first team had played at the oval for years until last season.

They shared with Sphinx and also played at Westwood Heath.

Never mind.

Users who are viewing this thread