Match Thread Coventry City - Mansfield Town Match Thread - Saturday 11th Nov (3 Viewers)

Otis

I don’t see one other poster that says they played a long ball game.
Clive Eakin and Barry Quinn said the same thing in the commentary.

Watch the match highlights. Time and time again it was long through balls to the strikers and the keeper it was pretty much long punts from him too.

dongonzalos

Go today?

Nope at work. So will just have to join those (including those who went) in watching the extended highlights, reading the comments on here aswell match reports to see who is right with the contrasting version of events from those who were fortunate to go.

BackRoomRummermill

The biggest tragedy in all this is that the once respected CCFC are now struggling in Div 4. If you criticise players you get foul mouthed responses, if you answer your opinion you get ridiculed, no seriously this is unacceptable, I will look into this further and take appropriate action.

Its all there on the net and cannot be taken back.

Otis

The biggest tragedy in all this is that the once respected CCFC are now struggling in Div 4. If you criticise players you get foul mouthed responses, if you answer your opinion you get ridiculed, no seriously this is unacceptable, I will look into this further and take appropriate action.

Its all there on the net and cannot be taken back.
We are 6th. Is that struggling?

BackRoomRummermill

We are 6th. Is that struggling?

Otis we are 6th , but that to me is unacceptable. We could be 9th next week or worse. We have no momentum, ineffective, and in fairness never really have the type of consistency to roll this on.

We are as many points of the auto promotion places than 19th place

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

What happened to all the positivity after three wins in a row? Ok not all this lot played vs Maidenhead and WBA but yoy'd think after those wins, coming off the Lyton performance, we'd be full of confidence. Not so, it seems.

Perhaps the two week lay off from league action allowed some of the upsurge in confidence from Luton to drain away a bit.

I do though think it is odd how we've beaten the top sides in this league but struggled with those further down the table.
Is this what happens when you REST players , you get a shit performance ?

BackRoomRummermill

tbh, by the time we get to this division, I think we can go billy big bollox and expect more.

But at the same time, be grateful there's not less.

My concern would be if we failed to get promotion this season, how we'd hold up next...

Agree we only get one decent shot at this given our money situation at present

Warwickhunt

The fat coach driver Evans gave the 4th official none stop gob shiting for 90 minutes the guy was totally disorientated by it all it was probably designed to keep his eye away from the game

BackRoomRummermill

6 points off autos? Again I ask, how is that struggling?

I see what you mean but , we are only six points above lower mid table, my problem is I cannot now be sure of any result going for or against us. We are not a power house in this league. I wait till the end of October always and not be rash, but reality is that we will have much work to do to get promoted out of the easiest division to get promoted from. The team cannot get the system right as there are too many weak links and players not performing.

Otis

I do think we have lost too many matches, but it is encouraging that it took a long range effort to defeat us today. Until then Burge had hardly had a save to make.

larry_david

It's not a disaster at all but I've said it before, everyone keeps slipping up but eventually a team will put a run together and then they will be gone. If we keep messing about with 1 win 2 losses or whatever we'll soon drop away. Today was always going to be tougher than people thought. Unfortunately we've got beaten, we have to go again. I

NorthernWisdom

I do think we have lost too many matches, but it is encouraging that it took a long range effort to defeat us today. Until then Burge had hardly had a save to make.
But that just repeats the rest of the season too.

tbh it's what we're to expect from Robins, I suspect. Barnsley fans said he set them up defensively, so they struggled to play overly free-flowing stuff.

That's just the way it is... there's definitely an argument at this level to make sure you're organised properly first... but it'd be nice if we could start grinding out the 1-0 wins rather than the 1-0 defeats.

Grendel

Hobo

But that just repeats the rest of the season too.

tbh it's what we're to expect from Robins, I suspect. Barnsley fans said he set them up defensively, so they struggled to play overly free-flowing stuff.

That's just the way it is... there's definitely an argument at this level to make sure you're organised properly first... but it'd be nice if we could start grinding out the 1-0 wins rather than the 1-0 defeats.

Every good team is set up defensively. Yes it can stifle your creativity but that is the difference between a good team and a very good team!

Grendel

They missed one good chance in the first half had a long range shot inches wide in the second hit the post and had three penalty appeals.

Other than that we kept them out well.

Cov kid 55

To be fair Otis, we don’t have any consistency and still do not score enough goals (Luton apart). I think we are struggling at the moment to keep in the play off positions - big game next week, if we lose we drop outside. Perhaps we’ll raise our game.

Otis

To be fair Otis, we don’t have any consistency and still do not score enough goals (Luton apart). I think we are struggling at the moment to keep in the play off positions - big game next week, if we lose we drop outside. Perhaps we’ll raise our game.
It's annoying. We appeared to have solved our goalscoring problem and today we were back again to not creating enough chances.

larry_david

I think part of the problem is team balance. Jones on one side who, on his day is tricky, pacey, carries the ball. And vincenti on the other who does completely the opposite. This isn't a dig at vincenti but if you imagine a kyel Reid type on the other side of the wing...

Cov kid 55

I see what you mean but , we are only six points above lower mid table, my problem is I cannot now be sure of any result going for or against us. We are not a power house in this league. I wait till the end of October always and not be rash, but reality is that we will have much work to do to get promoted out of the easiest division to get promoted from. The team cannot get the system right as there are too many weak links and players not performing.
It’s not an easy League, teams are usually well organised and aggressive in approach. And they score goals. We don’t have a divine right to win our games, and at this moment it looks touch and go for us to make the play offs.

Otis

I think part of the problem is team balance. Jones on one side who, on his day is tricky, pacey, carries the ball. And vincenti on the other who does completely the opposite. This isn't a dig at vincenti but if you imagine a kyel Reid type on the other side of the wing...
The problem for me is also that when Jones does nothing we do nothing.

CCFC54321

Its all there on the net and cannot be taken back.[/QUOTE
Otis we are 6th , but that to me is unacceptable. We could be 9th next week or worse. We have no momentum, ineffective, and in fairness never really have the type of consistency to roll this on.

We are as many points of the auto promotion places than 19th place
could not agree more! The situation is unacceptable and Robins (who I rate) has got to resolve this before he receives the unwanted wrath of the supporters. This seasons performances have been awful and we’re so bloody lucky we’re 6th still.

It’s unacceptable that a club this size isn’t blowing this league apart. The signings have been bloody awful and the football dire.

I’m bored of it and I won’t accept this anymore. We’re pathetic and anyone backing this utter shit needs a bloody good volley up the arse hard and also says a lot about our acceptance levels for shit being served up week in week out. You wouldn’t go for a meal and spend £25 and be served up shit and accept it and carry on going back would you?

larry_david

T
The problem for me is also that when Jones does nothing we do nothing.
That's why we need something similar on the other side. Even the prem teams have it where if one player isn't on it, they have another to drag them through. Unfortunately we don't. So if jones stops playing, generally so does our attacking play.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

We could be 13th a week today. I'm great at parties, me.

Londonccfcfan

It was a close game. Between two teams who will be in the top 7 at the end of the season.

There wasn’t a lot between the teams, the stats back that up. Could have gone either way. They gave as good as they got.

The one positive is and it’s huge one is we are very very competitive every game, we had a bad day at the office, and only just got beat.
OST teams at the top dropped points barring Exeter. So was a missed opportunity.

We are hanging in there nicely in the league, when it clicks, like it did vs Notts County, Exeter and Luton etc we will be unstoppable. We will play worse and win.

tigersb

Why all the negativity?
According to a few on here we're due to give someone a hammering
Then say they told us so

Users who are viewing this thread