Coventry City v Luton Town - Championship playoff final - 27th May 2023 - Wembley Stadium (2 Viewers)

its a buzzard

You have to trust them

I just think we need to survive next year first and foremost, it’s gonna be a rebuilding season we just need to make sure it doesn’t go horribly wrong
I think we'll do much better than just survive and will surprise plenty people, hopefully the bookies amongst them.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

mark82

Who’s over it yet?
Won't be until well into next season. That penalty is literally being replayed in my head every 30 seconds. There's no-one to be mad at though. Everyone given it their all the whole season. We should be very proud of the team. Going to be very difficult to follow that up, but Luton bounced back from semi-final defeat last year. No reason we can't with the right recruitment.

Blind-Faith

How are you still going?!

Easy, I haven’t been out the house in nearly two days, I don’t want to see anyone, talk to anyone , do anything. I feel embarrassed and ashamed after Saturday.

Dreading work tomorrow as it’s all I’m going to get asked about, and I don’t really wanna talk about it

Matt smith

Easy, I haven’t been out the house in nearly two days, I don’t want to see anyone, talk to anyone , do anything. I feel embarrassed and ashamed after Saturday.

Dreading work tomorrow as it’s all I’m going to get asked about, and I don’t really wanna talk about it
Ashamed is a bit strong pal

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

You have nothing to be embarrassed or ashamed about. PUSB.

SBT

I would definitely get yourself out in the sunshine for a short walk and give someone a phone call for a quick idle chat.

Matt smith

I genuinely hope you are ok though buddy, been a tough couple of days for everyone I think!

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Why? One team was going to leave disappointed. It was either going to be us or them.

And why would you feel embarrassed and ashamed? What did you do that caused us to have the narrowest or narrow losses.

Seriously, get out of the house and stop wallowing in it. It's clearly not doing you any good at all and making you really depressed. See people. If you've got kids or grandkids go and see them. You'll realise life isn't so bad.

McLovin87

Did you run around Wembley naked or something? Don't worry we've all done it!!

oscillatewildly

Who’s over it yet?
Yeah I'm good. Pragmatism helping me get over it. We came into the play off positions very late, punching above our weight throughout the season with a small squad which was slowly being diminished. As many neutral commentators have said - We really shouldn't have been in the position(s) we were. I'll take that as a compliment.
So very proud of my club's achievement - Players, management, back room staff.
Already looking forward to next season.

Blind-Faith

Why? One team was going to leave disappointed. It was either going to be us or them.

And why would you feel embarrassed and ashamed? What did you do that caused us to have the narrowest or narrow losses.

Seriously, get out of the house and stop wallowing in it. It's clearly not doing you any good at all and making you really depressed. See people. If you've got kids or grandkids go and see them. You'll realise life isn't so bad.

Nope , unlike all the lads I went with, the only one who has no Mrs/wife/kids to go home too. As someone has already pointed out, I’m 36 nearly 37 now, chances are that’s not going to change now.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

I think I feel more angry now than I did on Saturday. The whole occasion is just wearing off gradually and I'm starting to be burned by it. It was so very close, and whilst I think our tactics were wrong from the start, we somehow got ourselves back into it and it is the hope that kills you. To lose that way is just shit. Dabo going forward to take the penalty was essentially suicide and it's frustrating the life out of me that it was allowed to happen.

Maybe some people are just taking it better than me as well, but I am surprised how well many seem to be doing. I wish I could be like that. Dutch playoffs with Utrecht on Thursday and I don't even feel like going. I actually don't feel like watching football ever again at this moment in time to be quite honest.

Hopefully some break and a good transfer window, and that'll all change by the end of summer.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Nope , unlike all the lads I went with, the only one who has no Mrs/wife/kids to go home too. As someone has already pointed out, I’m 36 nearly 37 now, chances are that’s not going to change now.
Is there a mate you could call up and go and see? Not necessarily a football mate.

I know you're dreading going to work but I think it'll be good for you to see people. Just say you'd rather talk about something other than the footy for the time.

Hopefully, you'll start to get over the disappointment soon. We all have that feeling of 'what might have been' and 'have we missed our golden chance?'. We were all spending all that cash in our heads developing the club and team, but we've been in far, far worse positions in the recent past. And at least you won't have to watch us getting tonked week in week out in a few months.

Luton fans feel great now, but I doubt they'll be quite as euphoric come the dark Tuesday in January when they're being torn apart by Brighton with only 6 points on the board.

And life can be very strange. You have no idea who could just waltz into your life unexpectedly at any point.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

The female species have clearly deemed me not good enough. So I’ve put my efforts into following ccfc home and more away this year. Please don’t waste your time
Maybe look at getting a few extra hobbies as well, so you're not so emotionally immersed in CCFC. Also widens the net.

Last edited:

shmmeee

The female species have clearly deemed me not good enough. So I’ve put my efforts into following ccfc home and more away this year. Please don’t waste your time

Mate don’t even. Forget about women for a bit. Look at yourself in the mirror and ask honestly would you date you? Looks and personality. Then work on fixing what you can and getting over and even loving what you can’t.

Do things you love in your spare time, you’ll meet people who love them too and that’s a good start for a match But don’t go out looking, and do focus on making you the best you you can be. The women will come later.

Grendel

Lucky you - when I got in I just got an earful for being so late

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

For F**k sake man, pull yourself together. 🤗

Users who are viewing this thread