Coventry City v Luton Town - Championship playoff final - 27th May 2023 - Wembley Stadium (2 Viewers)

Mcbean

we had a hoot in the fanzone Box park along with a few thousand other Cov fans - it was a great day that came to an end in a millisecond - could have gone either way just like the coin toss - we still have Robins and Viveash - need the money from Vik - reckon Gus will stay - win the whole shebang next season PUSB

Flying Fokker

This is a surprising.
I know clubs were experiencing the back end of Covid restrictions, but the attendance is very poor.

Championship final[edit]​

Main article: 2021 EFL Championship play-off Final
29 May 2021
15:00 BST
Brentford2–0Swansea City
  • Toney
    13px-Soccerball_shade.svg.png
    10' (pen.)
  • Marcondes
    13px-Soccerball_shade.svg.png
    20'
Wembley Stadium, London
Attendance: 11,689
Referee: Chris Kavanagh

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

we had a hoot in the fanzone Box park along with a few thousand other Cov fans - it was a great day that came to an end in a millisecond - could have gone either way just like the coin toss - we still have Robins and Viveash - need the money from Vik - reckon Gus will stay - win the whole shebang next season PUSB

Keep both Vik and Gus for next season, let them run down their contacts let them go for free, get promoted to the premier League, £170m.

Sell now, get £30m for both, but no £170 from the premier League.

I know which I prefer.

Sick Boy

SBT

This is a surprising.
I know clubs were experiencing the back end of Covid restrictions, but the attendance is very poor.

Championship final[edit]​

Main article: 2021 EFL Championship play-off Final
29 May 2021
15:00 BST
Wembley Stadium, London
Attendance: 11,689
Referee: Chris Kavanagh
Considering that the maximum number of people legally allowed indoors at the time was officially six, that’s a pretty good attendance!

oscillatewildly

Keep both Vik and Gus for next season, let them run down their contacts let them go for free, get promoted to the premier League, £170m.

I know which I prefer.
You tend not to get the best from players running down a contract. They need to be both financially and club secured.

napolimp

I know which I prefer.

They'll have been offered/will be offered new contracts. They'll either want to stay or not. Does sound like Viks been leaving for a while though.

Johhny Blue

Lucky you - when I got in I just got an earful for being so late
That happened to me once when I was due to fly home from a Vegas business trip on a Saturday but decided last minute to drive to the World Cup final in Pasadena (Italy V Brazil) and made it home on the following Tuesday

Madpig

Nah this is downright delusional. You guys are lovely and I’m happy for you. But you play fucking awful football, the worst I’ve seen all season. Constant fouls, big long balls. It’s effective, but that’s about it.
We finished halfway up the fair play table.
Big long balls? I watched MoTD and they waxed lyrical over a two pass Man City goal.
Should we wear another colour and hit it long?

HerneBayGaz

Easy, I haven’t been out the house in nearly two days, I don’t want to see anyone, talk to anyone , do anything. I feel embarrassed and ashamed after Saturday.

Dreading work tomorrow as it’s all I’m going to get asked about, and I don’t really wanna talk about it
I know it will be hard. But try and smile or laugh it off. They will be looking for a reaction. Don't give them one.

If that Doesn't work knock them OUT!!!
Punch You Oh No GIF by GritTV

Madpig

Mate your on the forum of a team that just missed out on the Premier League on penalties after 2 decades of shit. Luton probably edged it on the day just with that first half where we were fucking shite, but Hamer stays on I think we possibly go on to win, I guess we'll never know.
Its a great story for Luton, but with respect, right now we couldn't give a shit so maybe give it a few days if you expect rational conversation hey.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
Yeah , sorry , we've lost so many play offs I know how you feel..
Great club , great fans .Your turn next season

David O'Day

Big long balls? I watched MoTD and they waxed lyrical over a two pass Man City goal.
Fair play to you but to compare your hoofs into the corner to man city playing a long pass is a weird flex

Blind-Faith

Play Man City next season and then compare. I’m looking forward to them sticking 6 past you along with the rest of the PL.

You’ll be back playing hoofball in non league soon enough with any luck, where you and your shit hole of a stadium and fucking donkey players belong.

Now fuck off back to your own board you fucking c**t!!!

David O'Day

Play Man City next season and then compare. I’m looking forward to them sticking 6 past you along with the rest of the PL.

You’ll be back playing hoofball in non league soon enough with any luck, where you and your shit hole of a stadium and fucking donkey players belong.

Mate, you need to log off and talk to someone.

Everyone is gutted but this reaction is too much

Last edited:

Matt smith

Oh come on mate stop sounding so bitter

clint van damme

I hope Luton beat them.

clint van damme

I don't, as I said fair play to them but their football is a fucking war crime.

Man City can play good football because they can finance their team due to sports washing by an oil state that's incurred fuck knows how many financial infingements, but yeah, Luton going long and pullingViks shirt is the problem.

David O'Day

Man City can play good football because they can finance their team due to sports washing by an oil state that's incurred fuck knows how many financial I gringements, but yeah, Luton going long and pullingViks shirt is the problem.
No one said the was a problem, it's simply that I would prefer a team that plays retrograde John Beck style hoofball to not be successful.

Fair play for them for doing that they did but I am not going to cheer them on. Also anything that makes Stephen Yaxley Lennon happy can do one as well.

clint van damme

No one said the was a problem, it's simply that I would prefer a team that plays retrograde John Beck style hoofball to not be successful.

Fair play for them for doing that they did but I am not going to cheer them on. Also anything that makes Stephen Yaxley Lennon happy can do one as well.

I'd rather see the ball on the deck as well, but we've been playing long ball ourselves for a while, albeit due to injuries.

As for Tommy two names, we've got a fair few roasters our support who've fell for the cunts grift.

David O'Day

I'd rather see the ball on the deck as well, but we've been playing long ball ourselves for a while, albeit due to injuries.

As for Tommy two names, we've got a fair few roasters our support who've fell for the cunts grift.
Exactly, we had to be more direct as we lost our creative players, that is their DNA.

So fair play to them for going up I ain't going to be cheering them on.

croatskyblue

you do actually need to seek help- all this aggression then on about not going back on the booze & not having a woman, not leaving the house for 2 days- you’ve taken a turn and it’s not good

TomRad85

Yeah , sorry , we've lost so many play offs I know how you feel..
Great club , great fans .Your turn next season
Hope so mate. Will watch with interest how you get on in the Prem, although not looking forward to the weekly clickbait story of *insert supposed superstar* is playing here, complete with a picture of Lutons away end. As if they are somehow above it.

baldy

You really are weird - no wonder you’ve got no girlfriend

Mucca Mad Boys

I think I feel more angry now than I did on Saturday. The whole occasion is just wearing off gradually and I'm starting to be burned by it. It was so very close, and whilst I think our tactics were wrong from the start, we somehow got ourselves back into it and it is the hope that kills you. To lose that way is just shit. Dabo going forward to take the penalty was essentially suicide and it's frustrating the life out of me that it was allowed to happen.

Maybe some people are just taking it better than me as well, but I am surprised how well many seem to be doing. I wish I could be like that. Dutch playoffs with Utrecht on Thursday and I don't even feel like going. I actually don't feel like watching football ever again at this moment in time to be quite honest.

Hopefully some break and a good transfer window, and that'll all change by the end of summer.

It’s totally normal mate. After the World Cup I had a football sabbatical at a time I considered getting a half season ticket. I had a ticket to Barnsley v Sheffield Wednesday today and I couldn’t be arsed to be honest. Had we won, I’d have been up first thing to get there and soak up the atmosphere.

Glad the season is over and looking forward to the transfer window and we sign.

Users who are viewing this thread