Crowd today (1 Viewer)

oucho

there's no real difference between £20 and £26.

Don't quote me on this but i think the difference is about £6.

I love feeling disappointed week after week

I can confirm you are supporting the right team.

Londonccfcfan

What £10 tickets?

Two years ago around this time of the year early December we played Oldham at home.

£10 tickets...we got 15k in attendance. With hardly any away fans. There was at least a 3000 uptick in attendance than there would have been without the discount. Yes we were 3/4th at the time but still.

We need bums on seats. Bottom line.

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

I'll reply to that and say £15 pay on the gate at this level is plenty, £5 for Under 16's. £20 for a Dad and Lad type ticket is a fair price.

Totally agree.
£26 to watch sides not even attempt to play football and to watch a physio stroll across the pitch yesterday wasn't it?

Nick

Administrator
Two years ago around this time of the year early December we played Oldham at home.

£10 tickets...we got 15k in attendance. With hardly any away fans. There was at least a 3000 uptick in attendance than there would have been without the discount. Yes we were 3/4th at the time but still.

We need bums on seats. Bottom line.
There's a limit on ticket offers per season isn't there?

Londonccfcfan

There's a limit on ticket offers per season isn't there?

No idea, I did hear that somewhere.

But so far nothing.

Notts county had a 10 pound a ticket yesterday. And I’m sure they a promotion earlier in season too when they had a random 12k gate.

bringbackrattles

The game was poor,the atmosphere was poor, in fact we all said we should have stayed in the pub.And how about the away support or lack of it ? Pathetic. I hear a fair few fans go to the Butts to watch the winning rugby team. It is tempting,but I'd probably feel disloyal going even though it is my home town club.

Ashdown

The game was poor,the atmosphere was poor, in fact we all said we should have stayed in the pub.And how about the away support or lack of it ? Pathetic. I hear a fair few fans go to the Butts to watch the winning rugby team. It is tempting,but I'd probably feel disloyal going even though it is my home town club.
You shouldn't feel guilty in supporting another Cov club. I felt a bit like that 6 or 7 years ago when going to the BPA when City were at home but it's my money and whilst I think it's better spent enjoying myself rather than getting wound up and bored, I'll go wherever offers the best value.

hill83

There are a myriad of reasons putting people off, many of them completely understandable, but for a city of 1/3 of a million people only 6,000 turning up on a Saturday is absolutely pathetic.

It's all relative though. Other than my dad, I can't name another person in my entire extended family who likes football.

Pun intended.

steve82

Apologies for anyone who felt my post need them to explain there reasons for staying away. It wasn't meant that way if way just my own opinion of statistics I know of people who use the ill not go line.....

Fair play to tho who say they simply have no desire to go and watch, that's a honest and frank answer. Also fair enough for those who say it's the price....

For me I justify it on I can luckily afford a season ticket so I get "value" so to speak... I average £18 for me and my son per game. My local non league side would be £13 for me and the lad and they are 5 leagues lower than CCFC.
I also have no work issues only every 8th week which I book off to attend, so lucky a season ticket is justified.
Could I afford the walk up prices, likely no I feel £20 is plenty but we're not to dissimilar to the rest of the league.
It's mine and the lads passion, we love our Saturdays together following the city.

However we both prefer away days now as it's empty and soulless at home games. The Ricoh is far to big for us, and we rarely make any noise. Mansfield did a excellent job when they came, made it enjoyable for me anyway. Away day experience has been far more pleasing for me this season, even ones we've not won! I'd love to attend games like at Lincoln, packed stadium fit for the purpose of its club and excellent atmosphere!

As for sisu, yes I'd love them gone but I'll not stay away due to there previous errors or stay away due to the level we are at.

Otis

Totally agree.
£26 to watch sides not even attempt to play football and to watch a physio stroll across the pitch yesterday wasn't it?
Well that's the thing. Isn't football supposed to be part of the entertainment industry at the end of the day? You want to see your team win for sure, but you also want to see a bit of skill, some goals, attacking, shots, saves, drama. You don't want to go up and see someone taking an absolute age to take a throw in and wasting time in the 17th minute. This was more non football yesterday and ironic thing was that watching that Crawley goal you could see that they had the ability to threaten if they put their minds to it.

With us playing like that yesterday I think if Crawley had decided to attack us on the break they may well have beaten us easily.

Rusty Trombone

I think if the parking restrictions were lifted more people would go, I know originally crowds of the size we're getting were not meant to be caught by the parking rules, does anyone know whether the Council can be challenged on this?

Otis

I think if the parking restrictions were lifted more people would go, I know originally crowds of the size we're getting were not meant to be caught by the parking rules, does anyone know whether the Council can be challenged on this?
It is a fair point. With smallish crowds some might have just ramped up and gone last minute if they could have parked dead close. Used to happen at Highfield Road.

Ashdown

I thought if the attendance wasn't going to reach a certain level, the restrictions did not apply anyway ?! Has that changed ?

Cavan O'Doherty

Why would everybody know that? They are still getting paid, some more than other top end league two clubs according to their managers.

You need to make your mind up, keep giving it the you aren't going to give any money to the club to then pay to go to kit launches and bragging that you buy the expensive tickets.

You have a clear agenda with any youth player also.

Don't see why people give it the rants then don't follow it up.
Because most of them aren't very good?

steve82

Because most of them aren't very good?

But how many times do we hear people say play the kids at least they care... they will give 100%...

Yesterday 8 former academy players were included in the match day 18 we started with 4 academy products and finished with 6 on the pitch.

It wasn't all there fault we didn't get the win, it wasn't there fault Crawley were so negative to play against, was it there fault Nazon went alone denying a team mate 2 better chances to shoot?

Cavan O'Doherty

But how many times do we hear people say play the kids at least they care... they will give 100%...

Yesterday 8 former academy players were included in the match day 18 we started with 4 academy products and finished with 6 on the pitch.

It wasn't all there fault we didn't get the win, it wasn't there fault Crawley were so negative to play against, was it there fault Nazon went alone denying a team mate 2 better chances to shoot?
I'm certainly not one of them as the likes of Maycock, Ponticelli etc are not ready and most of them will never be good enough. This is demonstrated by Haynes, Burge, Connor Thomas, Finch etc.

Adge

But last season it was their fault. If people like Clarke, Foley, Rose, Reilly, were rightly criticised, why not the likes of Burge, RCC, Willis, Haynes, Bigi, Stevenson etc who were the mainstay of the team and were a disgrace along with the majority of the others?

steve82

I'm certainly not one of them as the likes of Maycock, Ponticelli etc are not ready and most of them will never be good enough. This is demonstrated by Haynes, Burge, Connor Thomas, Finch etc.

I half agree, but you've hit the nail on the head.
How many players has this club exposed when not ready and let them become fodder for the fans to abuse during our slide so no matter what they do it will never be right or good enough. Haynes is the perfect example of recent.

Fans are fickle and will applaud some but slate others when both could make a identical mistake, but because it's x, y or z it's there fault.

steve82

But last season it was their fault. If people like Clarke, Foley, Rose, Reilly, were rightly criticised, why not the likes of Burge, RCC, Willis, Haynes, Bigi, Stevenson etc who were the mainstay of the team and were a disgrace along with the majority of the others?

I agree plenty were a fault, but you have to look at those selecting them and justifying them ready to play men's football in the 3rd tier at the time.

They wasn't ready and made mistakes. Some more costly than others.

Some of those have grown because of it some maybe not. Time will tell

Limey

Portsmouth gates approx 18k.

Reasons why we dont/haven't, in recent times, matched those sized gates in order of most influence first, in my opinion:

1. Interest/passion for football within City.
2. SISU angst.
3. Division of football (has massive sway on point 1 for casual support).
4. Distance of Ricoh to centre.
5. Ticket prices

Otis

Reasons why we dont/haven't, in recent times, matched those sized gates in order of most influence first, in my opinion:

2. SISU angst.
5. Ticket prices

6. Lack of success. Portsmouth had, had quite a bit of recent success. Us, zilch.

steve82

2. SISU angst.
5. Ticket prices

Fan owned too, during there rebuilding the last 2 seasons has played a big part and always have been well supported club.

clint van damme

To be fair league 1 wasnt much better

I disagree mate. I think the gulf in quality is actually bigger than I thought it would, particularly in the final third.
The amount of times either ourselves or the opposition fucks up a decent attacking opportunity by playing a poor ball or choosing the wrong option is unbelievable.

bringbackrattles

You shouldn't feel guilty in supporting another Cov club. I felt a bit like that 6 or 7 years ago when going to the BPA when City were at home but it's my money and whilst I think it's better spent enjoying myself rather than getting wound up and bored, I'll go wherever offers the best value.
You're right. If the rugby team are at home and the Sky Blues are away I'll go to a game. I used to go to Coundon Road occasionally and enjoyed it. But as a rugby fan I could never follow Wasps, now to me that would make me disloyal !

Limey

The fan ownership certainly had a galvanising affect for the Portsmouth support. It gave them real purpose in the direction of the club.
I also think the geography of the place creates a certain 'island resolve' with a high natural affinity/local support towards the team.
The flip side, we have a huge catchment area to draw off with right momentum and clear direction and drive from the right owners.

oakey

Why that I wonder?
Anyone past block 17 can' be bothered to contrabute to the atmosphere.
They then moan it is shit.

Block 14/15 were singing stand up if you love City and then the ones that are moaning can' even be bothered to do that, never got past block 17 that is the same every week.
Imagine 80% standing for 20 seconds singing that sure it would give the boys a boost.
I am in block 21 and didn't hear any of that from the corner.

Users who are viewing this thread